Do you listen to Berserk music when reading the manga?

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
That's a pretty cool idea there fella, I think I might give that a shot.

No problems. I was watching a friend go though SH3, I had nothing left to do but pick up and read my newest volume, so I chucked in the CD and it worked out pretty solid.

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
trippy.. i listen to the SH3 cd all the time. it goes good with most occult-like things even other games like RE4. I have to say Murder on the berserk ost is my favorite when reading the manga it just goes good with the slaying even with the laying jk :carcus: oh and another good place to get the berserk cd is at robert's anime cornerstore online it might set you back like 30 bucks though but shipping is fast as hell. :badbone:

By the way there's a new album from the dude who composed the Berserk soundtrack, Susumu Hirasawa.
I don't know is his other music similiar to the Berserk music though.

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
hatu said:
By the way there's a new album from the dude who composed the Berserk soundtrack, Susumu Hirasawa.
I don't know is his other music similar to the Berserk music though.
:guts: Yeah susumu hirasawa's music is very similar to the music in berserk, Especially since Kentaro Miura himself said he drew the manga while listening to Susumu Hirasawa, in the voice only interview on one of the dvd's. :miura: Yeah some of my favorite songs are the westward of time,high minded castle and an expert mountain oh yeah you should check out the song sign from the 2nd ps2 berserk game. :serpico: the songs lotus and his band p-model's song big brother aren't bad neither. :griff:

Stream

Inousha
Hirasawa's music is wonderful... Few times I listened to the soundtrack as I read the manga, but in the end I figured out I prefer to read in silence after all.

However, I find it PERFECT to listen the soundtrack after the reading, when everything that I've just read keeps spinning in my mind, and emotions & impressions are still fresh... Then it's just perfect fit.

My faves have always been Guts' Theme (or Gatsu as I saw it named), and Beherit. And of course, Forces.
Those were regular victims of the "repeat forever" option, though I love other songs too..

Guts' Theme always gave me some flowing feeling of sadness, I don't know why, but I felt that way even in the start when I first watched the anime. :judo:

D

Death Can Wait

I don't listen to music while I read >> It's too distracting. I like Susumu, I seriously cannot believe this whole time I have heard the Paranoia Agent opening 30 times and not ONCE did it dawn on me it was him till I read this thread.

FotiX

[b]Enjoyment and excitement![/b]
Sometimes I read Berserk while hearing the Berserk OST. Other times I read it in silence, or with metal songs like Sonata Arctica ( Still Loving You and Kingdom for a Heart are very fitting songs to the theme of Berserk IMO).

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I usually have my playlist going when I read Berserk but I do have a sort of unofficial soundtrack to Berserk going based on a lot of medieval and folk music: I have this odd little quirk where when I find something that I like I'll try to relate pieces of music to it for no real reason. I have all kinds of pieces that I associate with different characters and scene's: Everything from an anthem for Slann to a Dole Drumming piece that reminds me of the Kushan Empire; appropriate, no? I plan on making a few AMV's from the better matches once I have everything I need to make them: For example: Corvus Corax's Ductia, you have something that has a very intense, defiant theme; like a Call-to-Arms (It even predominately features a Defiant Battle-Cry), but with more then just a hint of sorrow and grief . . . Who does that remind you of?
It kind of took a little while but Susumu Hirasawa's music has really grown on me too, particularly Forces; however, the really weird thing is that I don't associate it so much with Berserk as much as I do with just it's eerily uplifting, defiant feel alone . . .

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
hatu said:
I don't know is his other music similar to the Berserk music though.

When i read Berserk i listen Susumu Hirasawa's songs too.

Niwashi king, bandiria travellers, Siren are great for Berserk i think, and of course all the other songs he does for Berserk ^^.
The Berserk soundtrack from dreamcast is good too ^^.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Sometimes, but I listen to the Berserk Soundtrack all the time. I also find Rammstein's Mutter album to be a excellent partner to the Berserk Manga.
When I first heard the album, and checked out the lyrics (Esp. Mutter and Speiluhr) I instantly thought about Berserk.

Hey everyone, I almost alwasy listen to Susumu Hirasawa when I read Berserk, it just goes hand in hand with it, I have also started listening to Hirasawas other songs (non Berserk ones) and I think they go quite well with it. :guts:

Also, just yesterday I found out about a metal band called bejelit that create songs that are inspired by Berserk anyone know anything about them?

de99ial

de99ial
Oh yes please some website of them or sample mp3 will be great!

EDIT

I found sometging like that:
http://www.bejelit.com/nuovosito/index2.htm

Yes, That is them, I remember seeing one of their Cd covers and I think it featured the brand, someone else told me that one of their cover arts featured Guts.

I have not heard their music yet, wonder if they are any good?

BlackSword said:
Yes, That is them, I remember seeing one of their Cd covers and I think it featured the brand, someone else told me that one of their cover arts featured Guts.

I have not heard their music yet, wonder if they are any good?

yeah, they are good, I listened to several of there tracks about a 5 months ago and they are good. There perfect atmospheric music especially if your reading the Berserk manga

I actually did listen to the anime OST while I read berserk.. I like Beherit, Murder and Forces the best. The ps2 game soundtrack is amazing too. Heck I love Susuma Hirasawa's work. More-so his solo stuff.

I tend to listen to the Berserk music while reading sometimes, but I never stick Tell Me Why in the playlist, it's too offputting.
Anyhow, I prefer to listen to a mix of M83, Tiny Tim and Lordi while I read. The bizzare mix helps keep your brain fresh! :void:

Top Bottom