Nintendo Revolution = Wii

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aazealh said:
http://revolution.nintendo.com/

"Together, Wii will change everything."

I find it hilarious.
Really, it's all a bit much; though I am interested in finding out how Wii is going to break down the wall between video gamers and everybody else.

Though, I have to say, while it's corny, I'm pleased to see Nintendo saying something like that, whether it's just to garner sales or not.

CnC

Ad Oculos
So the revolution is now called Wii? They should've stuck with Revolution

Thats retarded. Imagine a party where someone offers to bring their wii? I'd be disgusted and tell them not to come.

Buy the Nintendo Urine. Guaranteed to change the world.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
http://revolution.nintendo.com/

"Together, Wii will change everything."

I find it hilarious.

I love it! Really, tears are welling up in my eyes right now. I am deeply touched by Nintendo's connection to gamers around the world. I feel like Miyamoto is cuddling with me as I speak!  I can't wait!  :carcus:

CnC said:
Thats retarded.  Imagine a party where someone offers to bring their wii?  I'd be disgusted and tell them not to come.

Oh come on! Open your heart and let in the Wii!

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Oh man...

I'm still looking foward to the.. "Wii", but that name is just so damn awefull. Although it does invoke all sorts of horrible puns.

"Hey wan't to come over to my house and play with my wii?" :serpico:

Buy two and then offer your lady friend to come over and play with your Wii Wii :carcus:

They shoulda stuck with revolution imo, this is just going to have a negative/kiddy effect on the console that the revolution was gettin away from.

Revolution (from a marketing standpoint) appeals/sounds better to a wide age range of people, "wii" invokes aspects of kiddy/childish things to many people.

They shoulda stuck with revolution imo, this is just going to have a negative/kiddy effect on the console that the revolution was gettin away from.

Nintendo does it to themselves. I have no sympathy for them. Still, I look forward to what the games will be like. To be honest, it's the new version of Mario Kart and Smash Bros that has me sold on the new system.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Wii... Wii want it!
Wii need it!

Wii must have it.

gollum-moodj.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:

Yeah, this is a stupid, unneeded change. While I don't think the people getting obsessed on the "kiddy" thing are very smart nor worth taking into consideration (although Nintendo never really made any effort to even deny it...), this name is just not very good. "Revolution" may be a bit pretentious but it's also ambitious, and it's pretty late for a name change since the console is supposed to be out for Thanksgiving. At least it's good for puns I guess, I've been making tons since I read that announcement.

dwarfkicker said:
To be honest, it's the new version of Mario Kart and Smash Bros that has me sold on the new system.

Madden NFL Revolution will be awesome, you'll have to throw the controller like if it was the ball to play. I'm not kidding (well except for the game being awesome).

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Wii wii wii said:
Really, it's all a bit much; though I am interested in finding out how Wii is going to break down the wall between video gamers and everybody else.
Are they failing to realize that they'll be alienating themselves from the gamers that are afraid of "everybody else.?"

Really, if this console's most blatant shortcoming is that by attempting to bring everyone into gaming, (and by everyone, I mean everyone that enjoys things with disney-level morality) they'll alienate their traditional market. So, if they alienate their classic market, and fail to gain a strong foothold on a new market... I look forward to playing Zelda on my PS4.

CnC said:
So the revolution is now called Wii? They should've stuck with Revolution
Nah, they probably just figured it would totally suck if the console didn't live up to its name. If they give it one that means nothing, then no pressure.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Really, if this console's most blatant shortcoming is that by attempting to bring everyone into gaming, (and by everyone, I mean everyone that enjoys things with disney-level morality) they'll alienate their traditional market. So, if they alienate their classic market, and fail to gain a strong foothold on a new market... I look forward to playing Zelda on my PS4.

I wouldn't count on that too much if I were you.

"Now I can play with my Wii all night long.

Will we be able to connect our Wiis to someone else's Wii using wifi?

Suddenly that sex toy controller makes so much sense...

This is such a crime."

~Stolen from Ctrl+Alt+Del >>

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
what is gonna be cool about the "wii" is that you'll be able to play all the nintendo games ever.. at least thats what i 've read many times about that platform! wich means its cool for me since im a huge fan of the legend of zelda.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I just read that short text again - i find it so incredibly hilarious i can't even put that into words. everytime i reread it it becomes even more preposterous.

the line "That is about Wii. But Wii needs you" is the best IMO

-TS

Gluestick

Oh yes Evil Tree.
The new name is a bit um much I think I will stay with calling it revolution. I still think there will be many lawsuits or broken limbs because of this.. controller of theirs.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, this is much better than my Super Nintendo 2 idea. :schierke:

I hope it's just a ploy for that, actually, another W will pop out and it'll be WWII with SNES2 vs.The World!!! :troll:

wwii.jpg

Ahh, much better. :chomp:

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
While this name change comes as quite a huge shock, I guess I have to remain optimistic. Although I don't really understand it, Revolution was a much more badass name and much more appropriate for their mission statement. It's still all about the gameplay right?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, I suppose its all about the games in the end. Nintendo can make some pretty addictive games sometimes. Who knows, people might be stuck playing with their Wii's for days.

At first I thought it must have been a joke... but it's not.  :judo:

However, I do like the logo - that promo video was pretty cool - and I guess the reasons for choosing the name make sense as well. It's also original. The only problem is it's pronunciation and it's connotations.

However, I still expect the Wii to be awesome, and eventually, hopefully for Nintendo's sake, people may start relating Wii to an awesome, original games console, instead of urine. Perrin Kaplan said something to this extent in an interview. Virgin, at first, sounds a pretty stupid thing to call an airline. But now it's accepted.

There have been some amusing puns going around though. One that I like is the new name for the Rev-mote. The Wiimote. Sounds like a little kid saying it.  :serpico: May not be too good for their 'kiddy' image however...

Perhaps Nintendo could use these puns in some advertising campaign. A games console company that doesn't take itself too seriously may be just the thing to bring in 'non-gamers'...

Top Bottom