Episode 273

S

Some Guy

Damn. Really looking forward to seeing it it detail (especially the artwork)

Well, it looks like Sheirke does leave Guts to temporarily fend off the beast. And it seems the water snake magic similar to that of golems. Thanks puella!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight o' Skeleton said:
Well, it looks like Schierke does leave Guts to temporarily fend off the beast.

Uh? Not as far as I know.

Knight o' Skeleton said:
And it seems the water snake magic similar to that of golems.

No, I wouldn't say that. If anything it's more like the Kelpie. Golems are created from inanimated material and controlled by a magic user (like Flora or Schierke), and the smaller golem inside them is their weak point because the rest being made of clay, it can reform itself indefinitely. This Kundalini is a powerful astral creature that can control water and has its own will, and it's thanks to it that Daiba could summon the whirlpools almost instantly. Past the superficial "smaller thing into bigger one" aspect the two are very different.

What I'm wondering right now is what the snake's relation to Daiba is: why do they work together and who's the real boss between the two (Or do they simply both serve Ganishka? That'd explain a lot). At any rate, it seems Daiba might be able to escape his death.

I always knew(and tell) his power don't come exclusively from Ganishka  :carcus:
However IMO Daiba's power make Ganishka even more frightening...hmmm now I wonder if Ganishka "apostelity"haven't allowed him to control Kushan's "deity"(like the snake) and so he may have "borrowed" his more skilled generals some of his minions(so I'd be wrong about Daiba's power not coming from Ganishka :isidro:)
Ganishka:"Yeahhhh I'm an apostle now!!Thanks to my new form and my magic knowledge I can know travel "freely" in the astral world,I'll catch all our deities(pokeeemooon)and give them to my strongest generals then I'll make the greatest army the earth have ever see...the DAKA then I'll crush all humans kingdom and finally I'll be the MASTERRRRR OF THE WORRRRRRRLDDDD"
It may work no?  :guts:
Anyway I'm curious to see what does the "BlazeDS"(it sounds really lame)look like...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
I always knew(and tell) his power don't come exclusively from Ganishka

Well the Kundalini is part of the "Pishacha corps", and Daiba says in episode 243 that he received these Pishacha from the emperor (Ganishka), so I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you.

Mad Angel Loki said:
now I wonder if Ganishka "apostelity"haven't allowed him to control Kushan's "deity"(like the snake) and so he may have "borrowed" his more skilled generals some of his minions

I imagine that by "borrowed" you mean "lent". I do think he might have a bunch of strong creatures like this Kundalini under his command, as well as a few other tricks we've yet to see. However the way in which you put it ("collecting deities") sounds lamer than "BlazeDS". :SK:

Anyway, I realized a few days ago that a bad habit was persisting in this community... So I decided to become annoying about it.

NOCOMPROMISE.jpg

Aazealh said:
Well the Kundalini is part of the "Pishacha corps", and Daiba says in episode 243 that he received these Pishacha from the emperor (Ganishka), so I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you.

I imagine that by "borrowed" you mean "lent". I do think he might have a bunch of strong creatures like this Kundalini under his command, as well as a few other tricks we've yet to see. However the way in which you put it ("collecting deities") sounds lamer than "BlazeDS". :SK:

I'm not that sure you know and although I wasn't that "serious" when I wrote my last post I want to know what do you call "lame"? :serpico:
PS:Thanks Aaz I was writing when you posted the episode(what a coincidence)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
I'm not that sure you know

Yeah I know, don't worry. As for the lame part, I was talking about how you phrased the whole thing (Pokemon, yeah alright that's hi-la-rious).

Anyway I really dig this episode... Daiba, the snake, and Guts' eye transforming into the flaming wheel, it's all awesome. :guts:

I'm okay with you then(200% agree)I was tired and my favorite soccer team just lose against his rival so(I don't pretend that I have an excuse but...hmm)shame on me anyway :judo:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Great episode! There are some great visuals here. The blaze DS was damn cool. And its a good thing it showed up again cause I'm sure Guts was running out of barrels and chests to jump to.

This was just the break from all this work I'm doing I needed. Thanks Aaz.

I see we're in for a small break as well. It's a shame because I want to see Daiba get taken out.

I could just see Guts holding him beneath the water and having the old man drown.

Loved the fire effect of the blaze whell in Guts' eye, for a minute I thought it was his missing eye.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Whoohoo! Quite a episode! And quite a shock for old Daiba! "Impossible...!" ;D.

It'll be long until next episode through.. :'(

Edit: Oh, and as usually: Thanks, Aazealh!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
T...  too awesome..  cant breathe.. ahgk

I guess all Guts ever really needed to do to make me want to fuck love him was to have black evil stuff smeared over half his face

Thank you Aaz

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
I see we're in for a small break as well.

Yup, I had announced it in the chatroom a few days ago (probably how the "6 months break" prank came into being) and I included it in a post yesterday, but it might have been too discreet. Oh well.

dwarfkicker said:
Loved the fire effect of the blaze whell in Guts' eye, for a minute I thought it was his missing eye.

Haha yeah, that was really great, what with it being in his right "eye" and all (instead of Schierke). Definitely my favorite panel out of the whole episode. I wonder what will happen to Daiba now, Serpico missed his head but it was pretty close (new haircut), and without the Kundalini he isn't going to be much of a threat.

S

Some Guy

Aazealh said:
Uh? Not as far as I know.
Sorry, just my (wrong) assuption that Schierke's Astral form had to travel a certain location to get aid from an elemental.

Thanks for explaining the snake's relation to the water.  Interesting to see that it was the snake protecting Daiba all this time.  I wonder if Daiba has any other abilities outside floating and commanding troops.  If not, Serpico seems to be in the prime position to make short work of him :serpico:

Anyway, cool episode.  I love the way Guts had to watch out for little things that could have killed him like using the sunken portion of a ship to keep himself from drowning and using debris to keep some footing.  Seeing him charge up the bow with his flaming DragonSlayer, slicing into the head of the snake form, and destroying it from the inside was simply awesome.

The (possible) conclusion to this encounter is definitely worth waiting 4 more weeks for :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I wonder if Daiba's comment at the end is self-referential. :guts:

Awesome stuff, I'd say more but it's dinner time...

Speechless as usual... But thanks Aaz for the wonderful scans

Am I missing something or the mini snake is already dead?... Head being sliced off by Serpico?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
He says "idiot" (バカな = baka na).

Well, "baka" means idiot, but "bakana"... I may be the less skiled of us here, but I ususally think of it as "foolish" - and since them phrase is often used as a comment when some character does something thought impossible, translating it as "impossible" is not that far off the mark IMHO :p.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, "baka" means idiot, but "bakana"... I may be the less skiled of us here, but I ususally think of it as "foolish" - and since them phrase is often used as a comment when some character does something thought impossible, translating it as "impossible" is not that far off the mark IMHO :p.

no Aaz is right. I checked and the baka and na are in different alphabets...

whoops.

It doesn't matter if they're in different alphabets. The phrase "バカな" can be interpreted as "That can't be" or, as Dark Wanderer said, "impossible".

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
yota821 said:
It doesn't matter if they're in different alphabets. The phrase "バカな" can be interpreted as "That can't be" or, as Dark Wanderer said, "impossible".

Yeah, the katakana is there for emphasis in this case (not unlike italics in roman script); I definitely read it as Daiba's shock at the impossibility of the ploy that overpowered the Kundalini.

Aazealh said:
I wonder what will happen to Daiba now, Serpico missed his head but it was pretty close (new haircut), and without the Kundalini he isn't going to be much of a threat.

At least he got the Kundalini since it apparently survived the blaze rod and looked like it was trying to flee :void:

Smith said:
Am I missing something or the mini snake is already dead?... Head being sliced off by Serpico?
Yep; looks pretty dead to me.

Before anything else, Thanks Aazealh for the episode. Can't think of anything to say right now other then Guts looked badass on the bottom of page 19. Ditto for Serpico on the top of page 10. With this much artwork (another 21 pages), Miura deserves the break. There was just a lot of stuff happening and I just don't have the talent to articulate it all coherently.

The Lamb

Luncheable!
I don't have time to do the rest, but I'd translate the last part as:

Page 20:
Daiba: What the...!?
Daiba: My... My life, cut short!! (I guess he's referring to himself, not the snake? Not sure about the suffix either.)

Page 21:
Guts: Take this gift
Guts: From Hell!

Page 21
Daiba: ...Im
Daiba: Impossible...

For reference:
なんと。。。!?
じゅ。。。寿命が 縮んだぞい
のぼせるなよ 冥土の土産だ

Next episode: 26th May

Top Bottom