Episode 273

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode, Aazealh! Great stuff! Even though it's a four week wait, it'll make a good early birthday present for me. I seem to remember a similar thing happening last year around this time...oh well, as always, it'll be worth it. :serpico:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers for the excellent episode, Aaz :carcus:

Seriously though, that was some amazing stuff right there! The line Puella mentioned about "now we should share the fate of one another (this line is from Buddhism), no, maybe we are in one body and spirit" reminded me of the time Flora told Schierke that this man [Guts] was her destiny/fate -- something along those lines, anyway. The Fire Breathing Dragon Slayer scenes was just insane.... fire just seems right for Guts in terms of elements... and visually... it left me speechless :guts:

The end of May can't come soon enough. It'll be the 26th in now time :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Am I missing something or the mini snake is already dead?... Head being sliced off by Serpico?

Yeah, Serpico got him along with some of Daiba's hair like it has been said.

Dark Wanderer said:
since them phrase is often used as a comment when some character does something thought impossible, translating it as "impossible" is not that far off the mark IMHO :p.

Yeah, it can be interpreted like that of course (as a partial "そんなばかなことがあってたまるか" if he couldn't say the full line). It could also be "ridiculous", since Daiba refers to Guts' recklessness. I didn't mean to start a debate on the matter, but the original, primary meaning of the word is what I said: "idiot", "are you an idiot" or "it's stupid/foolish" (all with a big emphasis).

Uriel said:
The Fire Breathing Dragon Slayer scenes was just insane....

Think of it as an oversize Isidro fire dagger... Big daddy you know? :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Yeah, Serpico got him along with some of Daiba's hair like it has been said.

Now it make me wonder why he misses... Given his skills and the power or his wind sword Daiba head should be gone... Unless he is keeping him alive for some reason? Interrogation?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Now it make me wonder why he misses... Given his skills and the power or his wind sword Daiba head should be gone...

Well it was a pretty difficult shot, jumping to attack a falling Daiba in the midst of water and vapor... He might not have had a perfect angle to kill both of them. Besides the most dangerous one was the Kundalini, not Daiba.

Smith said:
Unless he is keeping him alive for some reason? Interrogation?

Nah, I don't think so, they don't have time and I don't even think they care much about the Kushans' motives. Hell, they don't even speak the language.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it can be interpreted like that of course (as a partial "そんなばかなことがあってたまるか" if he couldn't say the full line). It could also be "ridiculous", since Daiba refers to Guts' recklessness. I didn't mean to start a debate on the matter, but the original, primary meaning of the word is what I said: "idiot", "are you an idiot" or "it's stupid/foolish" (all with a big emphasis).

Well, wasn't trying to start a debate myself here - it was all more to know whenever I was correct or not - after all, as I said I may be the less skilled here. When it comes to japanese, I'm basically self-taught and one bad thinga bout beignt ha tis that you have not eacher who can correct you. and I'm learning at a pretty slow pace (because there's other things that I must do besides learning japanese) so...

Nah, I don't think so, they don't have time and I don't even think they care much about the Kushans' motives. Hell, they don't even speak the language.

Hmm, I wonder if that last would be true for Schierke as well? Seems to me like she understands what Daiba says - and since they're linked, Guts might understand as well. Hmm... wonder whenever they all understand Daiba's mind speech, or...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, wasn't trying to start a debate myself here - it was all more to know whenever I was correct or not - after all, as I said I may be the less skilled here. When it comes to japanese, I'm basically self-taught and one bad thinga bout beignt ha tis that you have not eacher who can correct you. and I'm learning at a pretty slow pace (because there's other things that I must do besides learning japanese) so...

I understand, I'm lucky myself that my wife speaks Japanese. :beast: In this case we shouldn't be too confident in giving this line a single and definite meaning, as it can be interpreted in various ways. It's often used as "foolish (someone/anything)" with the second word being omitted for example, that fits the context of Daiba cursing Guts for causing his demise. Anyway I originally just wanted to clarify to CnC what Griffith was referring to, so it's no big deal. I'm fine with any interpretation personally.

Dark Wanderer said:
I wonder if that last would be true for Schierke as well? Seems to me like she understands what Daiba says - and since they're linked, Guts might understand as well. Hmm... wonder whenever they all understand Daiba's mind speech, or...

It could be that in the astral world she can understand him because she reads/sees/feels thoughts instead of hearing a language, but I'm not sure that works for the others (well, besides the elves).

Thanks for the Episode Aazealh! Much appreciated...as a side note the faux download and the subsequent posts in this thread were quite entertaining as well. :guts:

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Smith said:
Think of it as an oversize Isidro fire dagger... Big daddy you know?  :carcus:

Now it make me wonder why he misses... Given his skills and the power or his wind sword Daiba head should be gone... Unless he is keeping him alive for some reason? Interrogation?

Maybe they'll just leave Diaba and walk off, leaving him sopping and humiliated.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Thanks for the episode Aaz, a pretty awesome conflict. I'll have to do some colorations. Unfortunately, finals have me busy now :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Vaxillus said:
Unfortunately, finals have me busy now  :puck:

Never stopped me from slacking off. :badbone:

But yeah, great Serpico action in this episode. The panel where Daiba turns around and Serpico is just about to slash...man...what a badass. I was a little surprised that he "missed" Daiba on the last page, too, but as Aazealh said, the Kundalini was the more important target. Who's to say that Serpico won't make a u-turn and slice him in the beginning of the next episode (aside from that being a tad anticlimatic)?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
:serpico: *CHOCK* Whew... load off my mind. Thanks for the assist, dude. Made it MUCH easier for me.
:guts:  ..... :chomp:

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
I understand, I'm lucky myself that my wife speaks Japanese. :beast:

You're lucky, then... :'(.

In this case we shouldn't be too confident in giving this line a single and definite meaning, as it can be interpreted in various ways. It's often used as "foolish (someone/anything)" with the second word being omitted for example, that fits the context of Daiba cursing Guts for causing his demise. Anyway I originally just wanted to clarify to CnC what Griffith was referring to, so it's no big deal. I'm fine with any interpretation personally.

*nods*. As is usually the way with other languages than one's own, one miust be careful of gow to transalte it... :). Well, now that we're more or less clarified - if that's the word - the meaning of "baka na", I think we can put that subject behind us ;D

It could be that in the astral world she can understand him because she reads/sees/feels thoughts instead of hearing a language, but I'm not sure that works for the others (well, besides the elves).

That is possible, I admit. Or perhaps mind speech - if Daiba uses that as well as normal speech all the time - (a bit unlikely through) is sort of universal - thoughts are thoughts, simple as that...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
You're lucky, then... :'(.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Dark Wanderer said:
That is possible, I admit. Or perhaps mind speech - if Daiba uses that as well as normal speech all the time - (a bit unlikely through) is sort of universal - thoughts are thoughts, simple as that...

Well actually in this episode the whole group can hear him when he tells them they'll become sacrifices to the Kundalini (on page 11, once he's in the water and using telepathy to "speak"), so I guess that partly answers the question.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I wonder if Ganishka is watching this from the comfort of his own little home. :carcus: If he is, wondering if he thinks this group is tied in with Griffith or maybe even employee him :troll:

Thanks for the episode Aazealh,it was amazing. Gatts using a burning flame wheel DS brought a tear of happiness to my eye. I also agree with the above poster,I like how Serpico is being more involved in the huge battles,taking out of the snake in sync with Gatts' strike was beautiful.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well while it doesn't really have to go along the lines of an interrogation, I like the idea of Daiba (either as a farewell or a dieing breath) to give some insight as to what is going on the world (wether it be new or old information) to the group just to guage their reactions.

It'd be interesting, at the very least.

oh and I also like the right eye being used as the burning eye. damn cool. and has the option of being a future aspect to his character.

Well while it doesn't really have to go along the lines of an interrogation, I like the idea of Daiba (either as a farewell or a dieing breath) to give some insight as to what is going on the world (wether it be new or old information) to the group just to guage their reactions

I don't think Guts is going to care much about the affairs of Wyndam. He's more concerned with getting Caska to Elfhelm so that she can be cured.

The Lamb

Luncheable!
I wonder if anything happens to the DS after this. After all, it's just been heated then quenched - so was it annealed, or weakened, or is this not a factor of import?

ahhh great episode. I'd rant and rave about the finer points, but, thankfully, most of it has already been done for me. :)

Nah, i'll still say something.

I too, really like the scene of serpico on the last page(22?). I think it really shows some of the differences between berserk and other manga. After all, in others, Daiba would be falling...very slowly, allowing him a 5 minute monologue. This would be shortly followed by a flash of Serpico's face with him saying "Now's my chance! You're through! Wind Elemental Sakura Blossom Strike X!"

Thankfully, that didn't happen.

And that's all i have to say. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Lamb said:
I wonder if anything happens to the DS after this. After all, it's just been heated then quenched - so was it annealed, or weakened, or is this not a factor of import?

Hmm, personally I don't think it'll have much of an effect on it. Extremely hot fire surrounded (covered) the sword for a brief instant, then that fire was extinguished when Guts jumped into the water snake. The DS is a massive piece of metal, so in that time I don't think the metal underwent a severe temperature change. Besides it's all magic: magic fire, "magic" water, and a sword with a strange astral aura, so looking at it in conventional ways might not mean much. We'll see.

Fantastic episode, Thanx Aaz as always!

I agree with CnC, I hope Daiba reveals, well, anything about what's going on. However, he only speaks Kushan. I just re-read the translation, I know they're heard his voice, but can they understand him? (Puck says "Bilingual"...but does he mean he can understand, or that telepathy is universally translated....u guys followin me?) Plus no one Speaks Kushan. Serpico knew what language but couldn't understand.

Anyone's thoughts?

Top Bottom