Episode 273

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Proj2501 said:
Fantastic episode, Thanx Aaz as always!

I agree with CnC, I hope Daiba reveals, well, anything about what's going on. However, he only speaks Kushan. I just re-read the translation, I know they're heard his voice, but can they understand him? (Puck says "Bilingual"...but does he mean he can understand, or that telepathy is universally translated....u guys followin me?) Plus no one Speaks Kushan. Serpico knew what language but couldn't understand.

Anyone's thoughts?

Anything's possible. It depends on many things. If Daiba believes they fought him for the sake of saving the city, he may say something along the lines of "You may have defeated me, but there's still one more general like me, one more army movign towards this place!". Or something... As for whenever they'll understand him or not.. go figure. Schierke might, the elves might, but the others...?

Me, I'm wondering if Ganishka will make one more apperence of Daiba is killed - assuming he doesn't have a few tricks left that may allow him to escape at least.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Dark Wanderer said:
Anything's possible. It depends on many things. If Daiba believes they fought him for the sake of saving the city, he may say something along the lines of "You may have defeated me, but there's still one more general like me, one more army movign towards this place!". Or something... As for whenever they'll understand him or not.. go figure. Schierke might, the elves might, but the others...?

Me, I'm wondering if Ganishka will make one more apperence of Daiba is killed - assuming he doesn't have a few tricks left that may allow him to escape at least.

Anything more than Daiba just saying "I've lost" would be good for me. He doesn't need a lengthy exposition

Proj2501 said:
Fantastic episode, Thanx Aaz as always!

I agree with CnC, I hope Daiba reveals, well, anything about what's going on. However, he only speaks Kushan. I just re-read the translation, I know they're heard his voice, but can they understand him? (Puck says "Bilingual"...but does he mean he can understand, or that telepathy is universally translated....u guys followin me?) Plus no one Speaks Kushan. Serpico knew what language but couldn't understand.

Anyone's thoughts?
Good point. With Daiba defanged and in their possession, I wonder what Daiba and Guts' group will make of each other. Until now, Daiba has assumed that only Guts and Serpico were visible threats; a direct confrontation between Daiba and Schierke could shed light on the more magical aspects of Berserk. The group won't understand Daiba (and I doubt Daiba would be able to understand them), so a telepathic conversation between the two magicians would be key & the dialect may wander onto the subject of the berserk armor (like how exactly Schierke's mind got sucked into it).

However, I would think that defeating one of Emperor Ganishka's generals would draw the attention of the big cheese himself (like what he did after the blotched nobles' massacre that Guts' group also ruined) along with Daiba's other subordinates. Anything from Ganishka's mist steaming out of Daiba's head to yell at Guts' group or Daiba's subordinates in the vicinity rushing to aide their commander can happen.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well could it be that since Daiba is a much more experienced and powerful magic suer, that he alone was able to control a vast majority of the familiars? Or since he s the General of this attack, that he wouldn't even trifle with such "small" things? Hmm.. maybe I answered my own question. :judo:

(Ultimately i was going to ask since his defeat if this would free the control over the Tigers, Elephants, and what not.)

Thanks, Aaz.

Jhot obs said:
Until now, Daiba has assumed that only Guts and Serpico were visible threats; a direct confrontation between Daiba and Schierke could shed light on the more magical aspects of Berserk.
Something I was thinking about is related to this...in a wierd way. The way the strength of both Guts and the "water snake" (can't remember name and I'm short on time) is explained could be roughly equivalent to Guts cutting through a lightning-bolt from the ancient greek mythology's Zues.

Jhot obs said:
However, I would think that defeating one of Emperor Ganishka's generals would draw the attention of the big cheese himself (like what he did after the blotched nobles' massacre that Guts' group also ruined) along with Daiba's other subordinates. Anything from Ganishka's mist steaming out of Daiba's head to yell at Guts' group or Daiba's subordinates in the vicinity rushing to aide their commander can happen.
Hahaha. Seems like they'll never get a break now.

I like this ep. I guess great teamwork yield great feat. Gut & team did better than I expected. Fire DS - now that's something new. ;]

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Now that Daiba's greatest magic has been defeated, hopefully they can get en route to Elfheim so we can get on with Caska's restoration(if it happens :casca). I'd rather them wait on fighting Ganishka, as that's definantely gonna take awhile, since he seems to be the strongest apostle(next to Zodd) introduced so far..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to SKnet, Black Devil.

Black_Devil said:
Now that Daiba's greatest magic has been defeated, hopefully they can get en route to Elfhelm so we can get on with Casca's restoration(if it happens :casca).
Well, it's been ~4 years since they set in that direction. I think we can wait a while longer. Besides, I'm sure Daiba wasn't the final obstacle to the Band's arrival on Skellig.

I'd rather them wait on fighting Ganishka, as that's definantely gonna take awhile, since he seems to be the strongest apostle(next to Zodd) introduced so far..
But, why would Guts fight Ganishka? Based on the current scenario, that's Griffith's territory.

Black_Devil said:
Now that Daiba's greatest magic has been defeated, hopefully they can get en route to Elfhelm so we can get on with Casca's restoration(if it happens :casca).
Given what's been happening lately, I don't see the group just walking from this and heading straight for the rowboat to Roderick's ship so soon. There's still the issue of Schierke inside Guts' mind that needs to be resolved/explained properly as well as what the Kushans' next move is in regards to what happened/happens to Daiba. To be frank, the group has been traveling to Elfhelm since volume 22/23 and I doubt they're through with Vritanis yet (Azan's role in the story, Guts' physical condition after going through all those dakas, makaras and Daiba's magic).

Looks like Walter beat me to mentioning how long the Elfhelm journey's been. :void:

Looking back on this episode and the previous ones comprising volume 31, it's clear that in addition to tackling the Kushan seaside forces head-on, this volume's about developing the Guts-Schierke relationship. I would hope the next 3 episodes or more would continue to bring them closer to each other, especially after what they've been through.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Walter said:
Welcome to SKnet, Black Devil.
Well, it's been ~4 years since they set in that direction. I think we can wait a while longer. Besides, I'm sure Daiba wasn't the final obstacle to the Band's arrival on Skellig.
But, why would Guts fight Ganishka? Based on the current scenario, that's Griffith's territory.

*Thanks for the welcome*

I'd just rather see Ganishka and Guts coming into some kind of conflict. Griffith didn't even bother with Ganishka when they nabbed Charlotte, Ganishka's also still merely an apostle in comparison to Femto, so he could probably just make ol' 'Nish go poof anyway, which would be really anticlimactic =\.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
To be frank, the group has been traveling to Elfhelm since volume 22/23 and I doubt they're through with Vritanis yet (Azan's role in the story, Guts' physical condition after going through all those dakas, makaras and Daiba's magic).
Indeed, there's still much that can be accomplished this chapter. Which, let's all keep in mind, is the FALCONIA chapter: the namesake of which has yet to rear its head :griff: .

Black_Devil said:
Griffith didn't even bother with Ganishka when they nabbed Charlotte,
While the reason remains to be seen why he "spared" Ganishka then, there are several likely possibilities: A) Griffith wanted to get Charlotte safely away. B) He needed Ganishka to continue his campaign against the straggling Holy See Alliance, primarily in Vritannis; essentially doing clean-up duty for Griffith with those pompous, out-of-their-league nobles. Ganishka's campaign in general has paved the road for Griffith's popularity. Getting rid of the EVIL EMPEROR as soon as possible wouldn't be as fruitful as dragging it out.

Ganishka's also still merely an apostle in comparison to Femto, so he could probably just make ol' 'Nish go poof anyway, which would be really anticlimactic =\.
I wouldn't underestimate Ganishka that much, nor would I overestimate Griffith's abilities. The limits for both of these guys are completely unknown. Ganishka obviously has some magic abilities. And as for Griffith, now that he's "flesh" there's really no telling what he's capable of. However, apparently he needed Zodd to protect him after the reincarnation. Didn't want to get his hands dirty, or just too frail?
:griff: XD

PS: Just to clarify, when I said it had been ~4 years since they set off for Elfhelm, I mean in real life, not Berserk years :guts:

Black_Devil said:
*Thanks for the welcome*

I'd just rather see Ganishka and Guts coming into some kind of conflict. Griffith didn't even bother with Ganishka when they nabbed Charlotte, Ganishka's also still merely an apostle in comparison to Femto, so he could probably just make ol' 'Nish go poof anyway, which would be really anticlimactic =\.

I believe Griffith wants to get rid of Ganishka using Guts.
So far Guts been taking care of the most powerful enemies from Ganishka.
Griffith been playing everyone like a chess peice so far.

May be there will be more generals when pope gets back.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
skethee2 said:
I believe Griffith wants to get rid of Ganishka using Guts.
On what grounds? This seems to be a fairly popular opinion, yet I can't see any reasoning for it.

May be there will be more generals when pope gets back.
Huh? Do you mean, you think the Holy See Alliance will rally around the pope? I think the pope is rallying around Griffith now. Who needs the Alliance when you have a SUPERPOWER XD

We'll see though.

We havent seen Griffith for a while.. Wonder what is he doing..
Guess he'll defend Vitrannis and then will attack Windham :griff:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I think Gut's wanting
Black_Devil said:
*Thanks for the welcome*

I think Gut's is already in a conflict with Ganishka wether he knows it or not. It's going to be up to Ganishka if he is going to interfere against the human who has fucked up his plan not once, but twice! For Gut's... pimping aint easy. :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
fuxberg said:
We havent seen Griffith for a while.. Wonder what is he doing..
Guess he'll defend Vritannis and then will attack Windham  :griff:
Possible. If he protects Vritannis in this time of need, he could well rally more forces to his cause and win back the capital and the peoples hearts :guts:

Possible. If he protects Vritannis in this time of need, he could well rally more forces to his cause and win back the capital and the peoples hearts Guts

It's extremely predictable, but knowing Griffith's character it is also the most logical thing that will happen.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Thank you Aazealh.
I'm expecting that Daiba will let some interesting tidbit slip before flying away on a water-spout: Thank you, come again!
He is the Wizard General after all so I figure he must have a fall-back strategy of some kind if not something even bigger up his sleeve.

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
AHHH :???:! Must be getting old and senile  :judo: but I don't remember when Schierke used the "Blaze Rod" - could anyone point me to the ep in which she uses it (it wasn't recent was it!?) ???  Thanks!

Edit: OH just read it - awesome.  There was some references to spells back at Enoch village, but darn, even after reading I just can't seem to recall the blaze wheel.  Only remember the water, and dark spirits/elementals summoned :/

Also, in the trans, Schierke explains that the Kundalini is part Undine - so since Daiba gets power from Gashrilanka and that power is elemental based...  what does it mean?  Am I reading it all wrong?  Thought that there was some separation from powers belonging/like God-Hand and those of the elementals that Schierke mentioned way back.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
hanafubuku said:
Edit: OH just read it - awesome.  There was some references to spells back at Enoch village, but darn, even after reading I just can't seem to recall the blaze wheel.  Only remember the water, and dark spirits/elementals summoned :/

If you mean you don't remember her summoning the Blaze Rod in Enoch Village, that's because she didn't.  The first time she uses it is in Vritannis.

hanafubuku said:
Also, in the trans, Schierke explains that the Kundalini is part Undine - so since Daiba gets power from Gashrilanka and that power is elemental based...  what does it mean?  Am I reading it all wrong?  Thought that there was some separation from powers belonging/like God-Hand and those of the elementals that Schierke mentioned way back.

If I'm not mistaken, Aazealh has already explained most/all of this earlier in the thread.

Edit: Should have looked through the thread again before posting...bah... :puck: I know Aazealh explains this somewhere, so do a search for "Kundalini" and I'm sure you'll find the thread.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hanafubuku said:
I don't remember when Schierke used the "Blaze Rod" - could anyone point me to the ep in which she uses it (it wasn't recent was it!?)

She only used it recently like Rhombaad said, we first see it in action in episode 268.

hanafubuku said:
There was some references to spells back at Enoch village, but darn, even after reading I just can't seem to recall the blaze wheel.

That's because she didn't summon the Fire Wheel in Enoch. She just said her experiences back then helped her this time around.

hanafubuku said:
Also, in the trans, Schierke explains that the Kundalini is part Undine - so since Daiba gets power from Gashrilanka and that power is elemental based... what does it mean? Am I reading it all wrong?

Yeah, you're reading it wrong. And it's Ganishka... Anyway, Schierke doesn't say that the Kundalini is part Undine, she just explains that it uses undine elementals and has some control over them (like the Kelpie had, except it's stronger). It's basically "just" a powerful astral creature. Ganishka most probably lent it to Daiba along with the familiars and Daka, but that doesn't mean his own power is elemental in nature, he's just captured/befriended a creature potent with the water element.

And anyway, since Ganishka is a sorcerer himself it wouldn't be impossible nor incongruous for him to be able to use elemental magic. He did shoot lightning bolts at Locus' lancers after all.

Rhombaad said:
I know Aazealh explains this somewhere, so do a search for "Kundalini" and I'm sure you'll find the thread.

Over there. :serpico:

Top Bottom