New Super Mario Bros

The game is too easy IMO especially the boss battles. I prefer the difficulty of Sonic Rush .  :chomp: Same goes with the music the "wamp wamp" sound during the music is very annoying.

BTW I recommend buying Sonic Rush for the DS it's really good:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/683/683045/vids_1.html

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
The game is too easy IMO especially the boss battles. I prefer the difficulty of Sonic Rush . :chomp: Same goes with the music the "wamp wamp" sound during the music is very annoying.

BTW I recommend buying Sonic Rush for the DS it's really good:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/683/683045/vids_1.html
Mario games were never known for their difficulty. They're just fun to play.

Walter said:
Mario games were never known for their difficulty.  They're just fun to play.

Well the first game was slightly hard especially in the later levels. The 2nd Mario game was hard, the third was about the same "dificulty" of the first Mario Game. Mario World SNES was a more of a challenge then New Super Mario Bros.

Lately Nintendo has been making there games to easy for players they even said this in a interview on Ign.com about making there games easier so that i'll be more accesible for gamers...

Damny you nintendo!!! I demand a more challenging Mario and Zelda game!!! But it looks like that won't happen during Nintendo's E3 presenation they said that the Zelda's Wii's version will be easier then then the Gamecube's version.. Stop pussifying your damn games NINTENDO!!!!!! :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
I prefer the difficulty of Sonic Rush

The inexistent one? I didn't find it very difficult, and it doesn't take long to finish. Plus you get to play through the same zones with the two characters, which in itself isn't very different from seaching various coins and stuff in NSMB in terms of replay value. Not that I didn't like Sonic Rush though, it's the best Sonic since the Megadrive to me. But the challenge of NSMB lies in getting everything, which is much less easy than pulling through the game as fast as possible (and missing half the levels of the game in the process).

ZODDGUTSU said:
Well the first game was slightly hard especially in the later levels. The 2nd Mario game was hard, the third was about the same "dificulty" of the first Mario Game.

Super Mario Bros 2 was hard, uh? I find SMB 3 and in a way even SMB 1 harder. SMB2's always been a walk in the park. Anyway if you want a hard Mario game get yourself a copy of the original Japanese version of Lost Levels, that should keep you happy for the next 50 years.

Aazealh said:
The inexistent one? I didn't find it very difficult, and it doesn't take long to finish. Plus you get to play through the same zones with the two characters, which in itself isn't very different from seaching various coins and stuff in NSMB in terms of replay value. Not that I didn't like Sonic Rush though, it's the best Sonic since the Megadrive to me. But the challenge of NSMB lies in getting everything, which is much less easy than pulling through the game as fast as possible (and missing half the levels of the game in the process).

Super Mario Bros 2 was hard, uh? I find SMB 3 and in a way even SMB 1 harder. SMB2's always been a walk in the park. Anyway if you want a hard Mario game get yourself a copy of the original Japanese version of Lost Levels, that should keep you happy for the next 50 years.

True SMB2 wasn't hard but later on it gets somewhat "hard" or as hard a mario game can get heh. Then again I was 6 years old when I was playing that game so I guess to me at that time the game was hard. I got to play it at a relatives house a few years ago the game seem a bit easier for me.

I've heard about that the "Lost Levels" isn't that the true SMB2 game that was released in Japan but wasn't in the U.S. because it was too hard. The game showed up in Mario All Stars in the SNES I think. I played that at a friends house yeah lol yeah it was hard.

BTW I didn't really say or meant to say that Sonic game was hard but I like the "diffuculty" in the game compared to New Mario Bros game. It's too easy in New Mario Bros!!!!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:

Now are you talking about the true Mario brothers 2? THe one which was never realesed till the game boy port of Mario Secret levels? Or are you talking about that rom hack that was passed out as mario brothers 2?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
True SMB2 wasn't hard but later on it gets somewhat "hard" or as hard a mario game can get heh.

I think the difficulty lies in the fact it's long and you have to get used to what to do and stuff, plus it's a pretty rich game, there are quite a few hidden warps and things like that. The only part I ever found remotely difficult was the last level before Wart though, and I think the game is much less of a pain than SMB3 if you go through ALL the levels.

ZODDGUTSU said:
I've heard about that the "Lost Levels" isn't that the true SMB2 game that was released in Japan but wasn't in the U.S. because it was too hard.

That's the one. And the All-Stars version was toned down a lot. The original is a true horror basically.

ZODDGUTSU said:
BTW I didn't really say or meant to say that Sonic game was hard but I like the "diffuculty" in the game compared to New Mario Bros game. It's too easy in New Mario Bros!!!!

Well like I said, the challenge lies in getting everything in all levels, breezing through the game isn't difficult. And the goal of the game in itself isn't to be difficult anyway. That being said, if you really want an easy game you can try Super Princess Peach, it's great but it's clearly aimed at novice players.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Now are you talking about the true Mario brothers 2? THe one which was never realesed till the game boy port of Mario Secret levels?

lost-levels.png

It was also in Super Mario All-Stars. link

Top Bottom