Any fighting game fans out there??

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Hey folks, I just ordered a game called The Rumble Fish. It's a 2D fighter that for some reason was never ported over to the US. It has a sequel in Japanese arcades as well. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vaxillus said:
Hey folks, I just ordered a game called The Rumble Fish. It's a 2D fighter that for some reason was never ported over to the US. It has a sequel in Japanese arcades as well. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with it.
That game was weird. I played it at a few arcades, all I remember is the old sighting seeing dude and that the more you get hit the more your cloths fall off.

I've won a couple of local tournaments in Soul Calibur, but I'll be damned if I'll acknowledge the existence of number 3. Splitting Knightmares moveset between two characters? Sinful! My two favourite combos are now impossible, because each of them got HALF of the necessary moves... grr.
Also, nobody can lose a Virtua Fighter duel faster than I can.

Pesmerga said:
I have one of Guts i will post the pics today :guts:
I created a Guts, Griffith and Casca. Guts in all fairness was the hardest, as you can't really get a cannon/crossbow combo and I keep wanting to change his hairstyle among a variation of 3. Griffith was slightly easier, but still looks a bit bulky compared to what he should be (no thinner model) and Casca by far came out the best, but its real hard to get her skin tone.

Say what you will about the battle/tournament mechanics for SC3, but outside of those flaws (which all SC' have regardless, just not as noticeable as in 3) 3 was noticeably improved multitudes over SC1 and SC2 in terms of a stand alone game.

As for fighters, I'm a massive fan of Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Mark of the Wolves, Samurai Shodown, KOF and Last Blade.

Majin Femto

Evil Incarnate
bastard_swordsman said:
I've won a couple of local tournaments in Soul Calibur, but I'll be damned if I'll acknowledge the existence of number 3. Splitting Knightmares moveset between two characters? Sinful! My two favourite combos are now impossible, because each of them got HALF of the necessary moves... grr.
Also, nobody can lose a Virtua Fighter duel faster than I can.
Yea SC3 wuz definitely a disappointment. Jankie combos, lame move lists, and the split of nightmare. And by far the most heinous, takin away taki's unblockable cancel. Jesus man could they have done anymore to destroy such a good game franchise. But as far as my gamin goes... i've been in plenty of tournaments, in fact, i was supposed to go to Final Round in atl but i made the mistake of moving away from home. /me kicks the shit out of himself.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Soul Calibur 2
SF3: Third Strike
... and of course all of the old classics. SF, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, and Killer Instinct.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I wouldn't mind seeing another SF game come out.

I'm wondering when the next GG will come out, since Accent Core came out before I could get Slash.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
SF Doesn't seem to need a new installment to me. 3rd Strike works well, and aside from maybe some ballance issues on the side of the Shotokans, I can't think of much that needs changing. Maybe if they brought back some of the old cast it might make the game a bit more interesting though, I mean who the fuck thought of characters like 12, Necro, Oro, and the near naked Urien who spouts out sadistic phrases like 'Kill!' while he fights.

I have a feeling GGXX will end with Accent Core. XX revamped the system into what it is now, #Reload ballanced it, and Slash added some of the characters from Isuka (and kinda broke the system with new moves), so hopefully Accent Core will top off the system and be the final, ballanced version with a complete cast and system. I've heard rumors of a 3D version being the next installment, which will likely suck utterly but has potential for total awesomeness if pulled off correctly. How the hell they plan to do characters like Faust and Eddie/Zato-1 is beyond me though.

Begemot

Vaxillus said:
SF Doesn't seem to need a new installment to me. 3rd Strike works well, and aside from maybe some ballance issues on the side of the Shotokans, I can't think of much that needs changing. Maybe if they brought back some of the old cast it might make the game a bit more interesting though, I mean who the fuck thought of characters like 12, Necro, Oro, and the near naked Urien who spouts out sadistic phrases like 'Kill!' while he fights.

I wouldn't mind a Capcom All-stars fighting game, as long as it doesn't seem just slapped together like CFE did.

The only Shoto balance problems I see in 3S is that Sean sucks, and Ken is just a little bit too good. But Ken has nothing as abuseable as Yun's SAIII.

I have a feeling GGXX will end with Accent Core. XX revamped the system into what it is now, #Reload ballanced it, and Slash added some of the characters from Isuka (and kinda broke the system with new moves), so hopefully Accent Core will top off the system and be the final, ballanced version with a complete cast and system. I've heard rumors of a 3D version being the next installment, which will likely suck utterly but has potential for total awesomeness if pulled off correctly. How the hell they plan to do characters like Faust and Eddie/Zato-1 is beyond me though.

I doubt it will end with Accent Core, mainly because they added so many features that I'd expect a few more rebalancings. Though from what I've heard, Slash is more balanced than #R, since Eddie pretty much owned everyone else in #R, though he was even more broken in XX.

And I don't like the look of AC Johnny. So I'm hoping for rebalances anyways.

I think the shotokans were pretty balanced in SF3, even Sean had his knacks (still not a fave though). I do agree with some people that Ken experienced a serge in popularity after the (now infamous) daigo incident, and I think a lot of people tend to over-estimate Ken in the long run now (still my favorite SF character overall actually).

And what's changed about Johnny in AC? I haven't seen or played it yet, so did they change his sprite or is his character portrait bleh?

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
They just need to skip all of the foreplay and do a Marvel vs Capcom, Vs SNK.
For ultimate mayhem
Capcom vs SNK vs vs Sammy(Guilty Gear..BERSERK?..I kid)vs Marvel vs DC

But eh, that's why I have MUGEN.

Begemot

Manji said:
I think the shotokans were pretty balanced in SF3, even Sean had his knacks (still not a fave though). I do agree with some people that Ken experienced a serge in popularity after the (now infamous) daigo incident, and I think a lot of people tend to over-estimate Ken in the long run now (still my favorite SF character overall actually).

Ken is solidly top tier. While he doesn't have Genei-Jin or something comprable, he is just good in every area, so he has no real weakness. And Ken was popular pre-Daigo vs. Wong anyways.

Sean's only saving graces are shoto normals and a fast dash. All his specials suck (seriously, his version of hurricane kicks is punishable on hit) and his supers are nothing to brag about either.

And what's changed about Johnny in AC? I haven't seen or played it yet, so did they change his sprite or is his character portrait bleh?

No, they changed the Mist Finers and Divine Blade Transport. Looks like no more 1-hit Ensengas because of the DB changes, and Lv.2 MF is no where near as good as it was anyways. His new Killer Joker move looks interesting though, and 6K being Mist Cancelable is cool. But from what reports I've seen, the changes to DBT have killed his high/low game.

Woland said:
Ken is solidly top tier. While he doesn't have Genei-Jin or something comprable, he is just good in every area, so he has no real weakness. And Ken was popular pre-Daigo vs. Wong anyways.
I agree with you, but there was definitely a serge (At least at my arcades) afterwards where people believed Daigo to have unlocked some hidden Ken strategy that they could apply to every match, completely ignoring personal skill. Ken's top tier, but I wouldn't quite place him in God (Even if he is my favorite)
Woland said:
Sean's only saving graces are shoto normals and a fast dash. All his specials suck (seriously, his version of hurricane kicks is punishable on hit) and his supers are nothing to brag about either.
I was taking his disadvantages into consideration, but you did have me on the specials, I really forgot how terrible they were.
Woland said:
No, they changed the Mist Finers and Divine Blade Transport. Looks like no more 1-hit Ensengas because of the DB changes, and Lv.2 MF is no where near as good as it was anyways.
You're kidding me! Damn, well, I'll have to wait for myself to see it, hopefully the change isn't as drastic as it sounds from my end of things.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
The new Hokuto no Ken fighting game on Ps2 is pretty awesome, even though there aren't so many playable characters, strongly recommended.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Oltobaz said:
The new Hokuto no Ken fighting game on Ps2 is pretty awesome, even though there aren't so many playable characters, strongly recommended.

I just got around to playing it the other day, its okay. The animation is top notch but it will take me a while to get used to the controls. The instant kill moves are kinda lame upon actually using them. Hopefully some stuff will be fixed if there is a sequel, Guilty Gear XX still rocks the house.

Begemot

Manji said:
I was taking his disadvantages into consideration, but you did have me on the specials, I really forgot how terrible they were.

Well to rag on Sean some more, his dragon punch gets beat out by throws.
And I've heard that Makoto might've taken Ken's spot in the top tier. It's kinda up in the air, Ken plays safer, but if Makoto guesses right 2-3 times, she wins the match.

In Guilty Gear news, the PS2 release of AC was apparently pretty glitch heavy, though there is a Wii release scheduled, hopefully it'll turn out better. Still sad that Johnny is on the bottom tier. He was the first character I learned to play as in GGXX.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
GGAC(Guilty Gear Accent Core) is coming to the Wii, another incentive to buy the system. Another 200 bucks out of my pay check, FUCK!!!!!!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Frank Castle said:
GGAC(Guilty Gear Accent Core) is coming to the Wii, another incentive to buy the system. Another 200 bucks out of my pay check, FUCK!!!!!!

The only thing that could save that would be using the classic controller. I am very skeptical that GG would be enjoyable on the Wii. Smash Brothers, maybe. Guilty Gear, no way.

Edit: Apparently they're doing a new control system for the Wiimote accompanied by Classic and Gamecube controller support. This could be interesting!
http://high-scoreonline.com/2007/06/22/guilty-gear-wii-and-ps2/

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Oltobaz said:

Yeah my friend bought this game the day it came out in JP, he is a huge HNK fan, I while not a fan of the show I found the game to be very entertaining as a fighting game fan.

Capcom's putting out another SF2 game:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (what a title :schierke:)

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/hdspritesqj8.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56822677/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57091546/
http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6660668387cb92d1e17oim7.jpg

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php?cat=96

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Woland said:
I wouldn't mind seeing another SF game come out.

I'm wondering when the next GG will come out, since Accent Core came out before I could get Slash.

actually today a Keiji Inafune (worked on SF and megaman) interview was released, and he talked about how they want to do something special for the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter, he pretty much hinted that something is coming

heres the interview
http://gametrailers.com/player/22484.html

not to mention this teaser site as well

http://www.capcom.co.jp/2d_kakutou/

teaser site is in Japanese, which teases a 2d fighting game coming soon

that sounds like a Streetfighter 4 confirmation to me (<===me dreaming :judo:)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kaji-Ryohji said:
actually today a Keiji Inafune (worked on SF and megaman) interview was released, and he talked about how they want to do something special for the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter, he pretty much hinted that something is coming

heres the interview
http://gametrailers.com/player/22484.html

not to mention this teaser site as well

http://www.capcom.co.jp/2d_kakutou/

teaser site is in Japanese, which teases a 2d fighting game coming soon

that sounds like a Streetfighter 4 confirmation to me (<===me dreaming :judo:)
Everything I read and watched in those links just seems to hint at the SSF2HD remake. Which could be cool, as long as they add a few new moves or something.

I didn't recognize any of the Mega Man games shown in the interview trailer. What was the more recent game they kept showing? It looked pretty cool.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I didn't recognize any of the Mega Man games shown in the interview trailer. What was the more recent game they kept showing? It looked pretty cool.

Mega Man ZX Advent for NDS.

Top Bottom