Any fighting game fans out there??

Everything I read and watched in those links just seems to hint at the SSF2HD remake. Which could be cool, as long as they add a few new moves or something.

No new moves or anything. It's new sprites replacing the old ones, as well as redesigned stages. It's the exact same game with an updated look.

Udon's great at being Capcom's new "official" art rep. They've done great work with the comics so SFII(turbo)HD will be pretty damn sweet. I'm not hoping for new moves, but Guile could use his handcuffs back :carcus:
As for the extras, I also hope if/when they remake the "music" they are just that, I miss me some SF2 music.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Dunno if you already chewed this subject but they made Hokuto No Ken using the Guilty Gear engine, looks terrific...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEs447r9oWw

iamdani

Hobo
I have that Hakuto no Ken game, seems to be based off the GGX engine. Yeah it's pretty slick, but it's a tad unbalanced, and, frankly, abit boring. The opening movie does kickass though.

Guilty Gear fanatic here. May not be anywhere near the nest at the game, but I sure do love it.

Anyone seen Guilty Gear 2: Overture yet? Heh, talk about a shock.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Well, Capcom has confirmed that they are working on a new 2D fighter, but it's not SF4. It's based on something I've never heard of. Still, it's good to see that they haven't completely abandoned the genre. Here's hoping that it turns out better than CFJ/CFE. It's supposed to be shown at their private show in August.

Edit: Apparently it's based on Devil Kings aka Sengoku Basara in Japan. Rumor is that Arc System Works might also be involved.

I wouldn't mind seeing another MvC2 style fighter again either.

Begemot

Well, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is coming out for PS2 Next Month in America. And apparently Aksys Games is fixing the bugs that plagued the Japanese release.

dwarfkicker said:
No new moves or anything. It's new sprites replacing the old ones, as well as redesigned stages. It's the exact same game with an updated look.

Mmm, seems quite useless to me...

Best fighting game? Try one among these if you didn't yet:

Capcom Vs Snk 2 (Dreamcast or Ps2)

The king of fighters 99 dream match (Dreamcast is the best, original version is named 98')

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (IMO the saturn version is the best)

iamdani

Hobo
I've recently been playing with KOF: Maximum Impact 2, quite a nice break for 3D fighters. Despite some negative reviews for the first game in the 3d series and a lukewarm reception for this, I find myself enjoying it.

I have atleast two other people enjoying it with me, so I should get a few hours out of it.

Begemot

Phemt81 said:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (IMO the saturn version is the best)

The best version is probably the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.

Though I prefer 3rd Strike. Makes me glad I picked up the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.
I hope they rerelease MvC2 somehow (hopefully arcade perfect), but there may be some legal issues with the Marvel characters.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is geting released this week in the states on PS2 and Wii. Ill be picking it up for the PS2 though. Amazing game now in English yeah!

Th3Branded0ne said:
This is my list of the fighting games I have played and sorta master some characters I like
Art of Fighting1 , 2,3 Bloody Roar, 2, 3 Bloody Roar: Primal Fury Bloody Roar 4,Capcom Fighting Evolution, Capcom VS SNK Capcom VS SNK: Pro, Capcom VS SNK 2 ,Dead or Alive 3,Fatal Fury Fatal Fury 2 Fatal Fury 3 Fatal Fury Special Fatal Fury Wild Ambition ,Fatal Fury First Contact,Guilty Gear Guilty Gear,GuiltyGear X Advance Edition, Guilty Gear XX King of Fighters 94 King of Fighters 94,95,96 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,Last Blade, Last Blade 2,Mortal Kombat,2,3,4,Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat Deception, Mortal Kombat Gold, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Samurai Shodown,2,3,4,5,All Street fighters,Tekken 1-3,Virtua Fighter 1-3,World Heroes(Which sucks),X-men: Children of the Atom, and X-men Vs Street fighter...

SHORYUKEN!

I liked/have played the majority of these too.
Melty Blood was okay too =/
You forgot Clay Fighters! lmao

Top Bottom