Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
And what's with Normal Snake at the end?!

Yeah, wondered that myself. I'm not even sure it's Snake himself. With Kojima you never know though, in the end the scenes shown in the trailers might not even be in the game.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Aazealh said:
Yeah, wondered that myself. I'm not even sure it's Snake himself. With Kojima you never know though, in the end the scenes shown in the trailers might not even be in the game.

yeah, it's why kojima is very impressive, with him every thing is possible.
maybe the young face will be a mask like in MGS3 raiden's mask, maybe young snake, maybe old snake, maybe not even snake, but apparently it's the last MGS so snake is surely the main character ^^

Pesmerga said:
it's the last MGS

Hasn't he stated that all the games were the last game?

Edit to add: "Kojima finishes off the interview by again stating that MGS4 will be apparently be his "last Metal Gear game." "The series belongs to Konami and the fans, but I have the liberty to stop," he says. Of course this isn't the first time Kojima has tried to ditch his famous stealth series; originally MGS2 was going to be his final series entry but he reclaimed the mantle for the third game after massive fan outcry. Better get your letter writing pens out then."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140990

Pesmerga

Aazealh said:
I didn't say he was impressive. I'm certainly not impressed.

I didn't say you say that but i mean by that kojima is good to do his job because everything is possible with him, and for me it's a big quality.

Azote mi Cabra Style said:
Hasn't he stated that all the games were the last game?

yeah that's true, but when you play mgs2 it's clear it's not the last game, mgs3 was supposed to be the last too, there is a future mgs on psp too, that why i used the word apparently :serpico:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Pesmerga said:
I didn't say you say that but i mean by that kojima is good to do his job because everything is possible with him, and for me it's a big quality.

Yeah, there's nothing better than someone shameless enough to pull anything out of their ass with a straight face, especially when they openly mock it later after bad fan reaction. =)

Griffith

I wish Miura were as impressive, maybe he can introduce us to Guts' clone brothers soon, and reveal that Skull Knight is really the true enemy, and GUTS' FATHER! :isidro:

regardless of cheese, they are still incredibly fun games... i cant wait for 4... it looks amazing... kojima is certainly infamous for misleading trailers... mgs3 had a 16 min trailer prior to release with half of it being nonsense that never made the cut... there was also an awsome song in that trailer that also didnt make the cut... does anyone know what i am talking about? i would love to find that song... it was damn good

Griffith

Psymont 2.0 said:
regardless of cheese, they are still incredibly fun games... i cant wait for 4... it looks amazing... kojima is certainly infamous for misleading trailers... mgs3 had a 16 min trailer prior to release with half of it being nonsense that never made the cut... there was also an awsome song in that trailer that also didnt make the cut... does anyone know what i am talking about? i would love to find that song... it was damn good

Do you mean the interview trailer where Kojima is just totally BSing a bunch of features and saying shit like, "You must really live in the jungle, hunt or be hunted, I don't know if I can release such a suspense filled game!" as if people will die from playing it? My favorite thing about that trailer is the actual game ended up being like every other Metal Gear game; sneak from room to room, only now they're tropically decorated. Jungle wallpaper!

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Directed by:

some shinji dude that isn't Hideo Kojima

hopefully this is a plus.

It looks interesting enough. I can't wait to play as Big Boss cloned from a rock found in outer heaven with his feces on it mixed with actual snake blood.

Pesmerga

the MGS OPS give a few more information on the story and a new badguy appear, (he speak with ocelot at the end of the game^^)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
KojiPro recently sat down to chat with David Hayter about his career, his movie projects and more importantly, Metal Gear Solid. This is a really interesting interview and it increased my appreciation for David and his involvement. There are spoilers for Metal Gear Solid 3, but nobody here hasn't played it, right? =P

Download and streaming here:
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/79.html

Thoughts?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oltobaz said:
Here's a weblink of interest:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mg20th/
What exactly is the package deal, and the HISTORY OF REAL :ganishka: ?

I see it listed underneath the main window but I can't see tell what the extras are since... I don't read Japanese.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Pretty neat but I already own all that junk that is included in the collection. And I don't think they can include anything extra that would make me want to purchase it. At least the JP premium package of Snake Eater came with a little toy Shagohad that you could play with and shout Volgin quotes. I think the "real side" thingy is just a comparison of real life timeline and MGS timeline, nothing special. Thanks for the info Oltobaz!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, was watching this a few minutes ago actually and it's looking good indeed. It's too bad they're not bundling it with MG Online though (well, I guess they might do just that when it's released).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Yeah, was watching this a few minutes ago actually and it's looking good indeed. It's too bad they're not bundling it with MG Online though (well, I guess they might do just that when it's released).
I'm a pretty large MGS fan, but I was really underwhelmed with this footage. I guess the guy playing the demo made it look a little too easy, simplistic. I dunno, I somehow expected... more.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I'm a pretty large MGS fan, but I was really underwhelmed with this footage. I guess the guy playing the demo made it look a little too easy, simplistic. I dunno, I somehow expected... more.

Well it was very rehearsed. He took a specific path in what looks to be a maze (plethora of options).

Top Bottom