Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
shadar logoth said:
i remember that i rented an N64 back when ocarina of time first came out because i didn't feel like spending the money to buy an N64 just to play mario and ocarina of time.

Yeah, and I'd do the same thing for GTA4 and MGS4 today, it's a great idea if you only care about a couple of games on a given system... which, I guess is partly why it stopped happening.

Griffith

In the not too distant future... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsEinMdLkDQ&NR=1

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
New Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33853.html
Courage is Solid guys...
It's Advent Children all over again. For some reason I can imagine the leading staff of Playstation keeping Kojima in a room with threats of terminating his family if he doesn't meet quota. That was... horrible.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Nomad said:
It's Advent Children all over again. For some reason I can imagine the leading staff of Playstation keeping Kojima in a room with threats of terminating his family if he doesn't meet quota. That was... horrible.

Totally agree, just didn't wanna be the one to say it :guts:. I'm at serious risk of really disliking this game...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Come on, a terrible trailer doesn't mean it'll be an equally terrible game. But jesus, this thing is downright SHAMEFUL.

"Sounds like the PERFECT job for ME."
"DIIEEEEE SNAKE!" "BRUTHAAAAAAAAA. It's BEEN TOO LONG!"

Whew... not feeling to well after that.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Come on guys, it was supposed to be corny! Perhaps a parody of 80's action movies? I don't know, it's better than a trailer where things like "NO PLACE TO HIDE" are flashed across the screen. The trailer looked to be more comical than serious, and also Laughing Octopus is a hot character!

Griffith

You guys just now noticed that Metal Gear Solid games have a bunch of awful cheesy trailers? I tuned out after the monkey loving arms dealer showed up a while back.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith No More! said:
You guys just now noticed that Metal Gear Solid games have a bunch of awful cheesy trailers? I tuned out after the monkey loving arms dealer showed up a while back.

I was a big fan of the "Call me big MAMA" part.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Metal Gear minus Snake? How's that gonna work? Is this where Raiden takes over? :SK:
Nah, it'll be Olga's kid. :ganishka: Raiden's just a CYYYBOORRUUGU now.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
To anyone in NYC:

file0658do2.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
It has at least one 90 minute cutscene:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189543

...I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189543

...I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous. :schierke:

What the fuck... Kojima finally realized his dream of being a film-maker it seems.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
What the fuck... Kojima finally realized his dream of being a film-maker it seems.

Yea, a film maker without an editor, it seems.

I'm not sure I have the patience to sit through cutscenes that last over an hour. Even if they're pause-able and skip-able (no chapter selection?), there has to be a better way to tell the story in a game.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
CnC said:
Even if they're pause-able and skip-able (no chapter selection?), there has to be a better way to tell the story in a game.

I agree, I think a good game weaves the story seamlessly throughout it's playable action, which keeps it engaging and fun. Maybe a short cutscene here and there to be able to showcase something that wouldn't quite work with a player behind the controls (but then again, context sensitive buttons can easily get around this), but 90 minutes? I'd have to check it out first before I make a final judgment, but that seems like it would break the whole experience for me.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:

Yeah, that's ridiculous. I thought the 40-minute cutscene before the final battle in MGS2 was too much, but this is insane. It better be pauseable, but if not, I hope you can at least save at 10 or 15-minute intervals or something.

Griffith

"MGS4's story is massive. The videogame equivalent of all three Godfather movies on one disc," says the mag.

Including Godfather Part III? Yuck, though that pretty much sums up the MGS good/bad ratio and experience. :guts:

And yeah, that's redonkulous, no excuses, it's just plain old suffering game design at that point, and they seem pretty adamant that there's more than one too. Yeesh.

Rhombaad said:
It better be pauseable

That's exactly what I thought when I first read that.

Man, I hate to say it but I'm just not pumped for this MGS game. I couldn't wait to get my hands on MGS2 and MGS3 but not so much this one. The only reason I want a Playstation 3 is because of the two Final Fantasy XIII games that they're making but that's just about it. I'm still interested in the game but it's becoming more and more one of those deals where I have no problem waiting a few years when the Playstation 4 is out to find a PS3 and MGS4 used for cheap. I kind of hope I'm proven wrong though.

i won't really be pissed about the cut scenes as long as their entertaining because some of the long ass cut scenes in 2 where very boring they had a lot of info as far as the plot goes but they where boring none the less.

Top Bottom