Berserk TV Series - Second season

Markaveli63

I don't love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I found this topic while skimming through another Berserk forum, credits go to Nasferatu_Alucard for finding the site. Just look on the site, it says there'll be a new Berserk TV series airing in 2004, made by the same crew as the first. Probably just a rumour though...

(It's an italian site, it's translated to English)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.newemotion.it/indicearticolo.php3%3Fart%3Danime&prev=/ search%3Fq%3Dmao%2Bdante%2Banime%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D
%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The italian article don't say that the original crew has agreed to do it: It say that they are waiting their answer. Miura has agreed it seems, but that is all. The rest of the article is a summary of the manga. Maybe but I will not bet the money of my rent on it.

T

temporary

Its not whether Miura wants to or not, its whether freaking Miura will complete the god damn manga :p

P

psymont

i dont want to see it end, however, i would like to see some closure over the current situation, then guts and his posse can go deal with the rest of the worlds problems ....

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I don't want an ending its just too good of a series to end, also I think this whole strange elemantal turn is what Mirua was planning for a long time.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
There's no reason it would have to end for a second season of anime. If that were the case, the manga would've ended at Volume 13.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'll only be happy with a high-budget, 12-episode OVA series. I think a high-budget series is the only way to go to accurately portray the Berserk universe. The anime just didnt do it for me...

T

temporary

WALTER! YOU MA' BITCH! Anyhow, I AgREE with the shit that just came out of your mouth dude! Which comes to my conclusion that Miura' just wont get the damn $$$ to fund for a high budget movie coz his freaking manga is becoming too much of a drag and its really scaring possible producers off :p

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
I could live without seeing a second season of Berserk anime because I'm scared on how would further butcher the story or try to piece together the mistakes they made with the first season. If I was down with the manga since jump there's a good chance I probably wouldn't like the anime. Although I know the best ending for a second season would be Griffith flying away on Zodd's back from Godo's house in keeping with the ending of the first season tradition of pissing you off. I just want the manga's to be officially released in America.

As for this rushing Kentarou Miura to finish the mange nonsense, why would anyone want that? In my mind Berserk has least 2 years to come to a rushed conclusion and an ideal conclusion will probably be 10 more years. There's just way too much left to explain and the cut that short would be an injustice compared to how he's done thing in the past. Here's what I'm looking forward to seeing before it's all over with:

A couple volumes dedicated to Griffith and new Taka no Dan tearin' shit up.

Origins of the Godhands.

Origin of Zodd.

What's the deal with Skullknight?

Casca becoming sane again and dealing with a whole new set of problems.

A true Griffith flashback like Guts had. How did he get so strong? Why a Hawk as your mascot?

More Guts tellin' it like it is speeches.

There is so much story left to tell and I want it all. The hell with the quickie of Guts killing Griffith, it's an all night love session baby. If Berserk ends anytime soon Miura better quadruple his content output (which probably wouldn't be good in the long run).

T

temporary

I believe Miura should just concentrate on Gatsu and Griffith's perspective and deal with the others in a side story.

P

psymont

i think, if they did make a second series, the best place to end it would be when right after albion when guts goes back to godo's place to find griffith standing casually in the memorial graveyard of swords. Then griffith can say that line "** ***** ....* **** ****** .... **** ** ***" and the credits can role.

My biggest hope for a new series is better opening music , PLEASE tell me i am not alone on this , PLEASE! ..... "toll me rye, toll me rye, forgtetgyf, its to RATE"

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Heh...for the next big English TV export to Japan we need an American singing a song in japanese so they'll know how we feel to hear our language butchered in a song.

D

Drachenfels

I liked the song and the series was great. Don't know why you all are such nitpickers.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I think the best place to end a second season would be right after the second eclipse. It is a great parralel. A third season could start with the battle on the hill of swords rather nicely.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I liked the opening song and even the end one. Does that count for anything?
Anyway, yeah, I agree that would be the best way to go for the second series.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
it seems a little too short to just base the second season off of 9 volumes, as opposed to them bassing it off of 13 volumes like they did.
I like the begining song, the end was good also but the best begining song would be forces II (that's the begining theme fom the DC game right?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ShinHell9 said:
it seems a little too short to just base the second season off of 9 volumes, as opposed to them bassing it off of 13 volumes like they did.
I like the begining song, the end was good also but the best begining song would be forces II (that's the begining theme fom the DC game right?)
But the anime only included about 8 manga worth of content. They edited out all of volume 11, and a bit in volume 10. Not to mention they didnt include anything that happened in volumes 2-3.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Well content was the main reason for that. And who is to say that volume 2-3 doesn't happen? It might happen after ep 1 of anime ;)

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
The opening song makes me leap onto my computer chair and begin air-guitaring to the tune. Mmm hmm.

P

psymont

rookin brack the timing says a frace in your crust .... the nirest prace da flize in maring ya wairing .... im wraited so rong .... im wraiting so rong ....

"put your glasses on nothing willbe wrong"??????
wait, i see how that line along with some of the other of that piece of crap song can apply to Berserk

1) put your glasses on : guts is missing an eye! his persceptive of the world is somewhat asque .... he can see what most people cant! OF COURSE

2) nothing will be rong .... hmmmm .... : yes that is it! nothing will be wrong refers to the immense amount of pain and suffer as well as the unaccomplishable goals that guts has and will face in the future as well as the past! ....

now that ive have put it all in perspective, i LOVE THAT OPENING SONG!

:p

Top Bottom