Berserk TV Series - Second season

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Yeah I understand, but If berserk is the best anime that you see, please go see Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust and Ghost in the Shell, two of the best movie in animation. It's far better than Berserk in anime I think. But that's my point of view. And for the Dragonball stuff, I work in a manga shop, and everyday I have kids that ask me about DBZ cards, posters, videos, movie, etc... And they say studip things, etc.... And now that berserk is publish in french, when I receive my YA, a lot of kids come to me and ask me to see the pictures, to see the story, etc... and they say stupid things about pucks or casca, cause they don't understand the story very good. They are to small.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
sendo7 said:
Yeah I understand, but If berserk is the best anime that you see, please go see Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust and Ghost in the Shell, two of the best movie in animation. It's far better than Berserk in anime I think. But that's my point of view. And for the Dragonball stuff, I work in a manga shop, and everyday I have kids that ask me about DBZ cards, posters, videos, movie, etc... And they say studip things, etc.... And now that berserk is publish in french, when I receive my YA, a lot of kids come to me and ask me to see the pictures, to see the story, etc... and they say stupid things about pucks or casca, cause they don't understand the story very good. They are to small.

Well, they're kids and what else can you really expect from younger kids? There was some girl at AnimeNEXT trying to tell me that I was wrong about the character I was cosplaying as, just because the English dub screwed up my char's name...but I didn't care about it. Kids will be kids, man.

As for good animation, yeah GITS and Bloodlust are ridiculously well animated. But the story isn't as good as Berserk. Great animation doesn't make great anime. And besides, Berserk was a television series, so considering that and comparing it to other television series, the animation is spectacular. Heh.

And yes, Darok...I think an OVA would be good. I can't exactly remember why the NYAV Post dub studio and Media Blasters weren't really on that idea. I really think it's cause of having enough time to put everything down, cause like I said before, ovas aren't ever that long.

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Yeah, an OVA or a Movie would be great, but with a sidestory.

Yeah, like what have happened to Guts between the end of vol.03 and when we meet with him just before Rochinu

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
number18 said:
I'm sure if you were to tell Kentaro Miura to his face that you had absolutely no interest in the 2nd season (saying it was out already) because you had the manga - he'd ask you why. And what exactly would you say?

Client: I think it all begun when Griffith became king...

Bartender: Don't say anything like that! Someone might be listening!!

number18 said:
And you all seem to be forgetting that all parties involved (the Japanese and English directors, English voice actors, etc) are interested in producing more...

I'm so relieved, the english VA are interested in producing more, thanks God.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Considering that the second season rumors have been going around for years and nothing's ever come of any of it, it's doubtful it'll ever happen. A lot of anime shows in Japan are more like "fads" to viewers, they appear and just as quickly disappear, without anymore interest except from a small audience.

And, like what was said above, the Berserk anime is pretty bad. I actually hated it when I saw the first few episodes and only got interested when I got online and saw the manga. So, as long as I have the manga, I could care less about whether or not there's a second season or ANY more Berserk animation.

On another note, a larger fanbase is not all it's cracked up to be. For every intelligent, genuinely interested fan, there's about a hundred idiots (conservative estimate ;D). Take a look at some of the lovely posts that new fans have graced us with in the past if you want examples.

number18 said:
I enjoy the Berserk manga a LOT. I don't think it'll ever be possible for the anime to capture the exact spirit of the manga...but you know, it'll be good.
I don't think the first series was good, so why would I want a second one?
As for good animation, yeah GITS and Bloodlust are ridiculously well animated. But the story isn't as good as Berserk.
Well, for the story, we have the manga, right?

number18

a sci-fi bitch
You know what, I'm really gonna stop wasting my time with you people on this. I don't think anyone has really bothered to stop and consider (or even read) what I have said, so I'm just gonna forget I even said it ...cause it's obviously falling on to deaf ears. You guys have nothing to give but negative responses and aren't even considering the possibilities. So ef it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But... I didn't even like the anime? Now if there was a petition to get Miura to do more artbooks or something, I'd be right next to you. But why should we struggle so someone will create something that's only second-best to the manga?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
All of you who disagree are being real fucktards. The manga is superior to the anime. WHO CARES? The anime was made how many years ago? Like, 8? Who is to say that superior work can't be produced? Simply because the first season sucks, doesn't mean more anime shouldn't be made. Anime is much more accessible than manga is. I'd like to see more anime because anime provokes more emotion from me and I am sure it does from a lot of other people. Who the fuck cares whether you didn't like the first season or not? Is everyone saying "let's make another season of Berserk and have no improvements over the first at all!"? No. The manga is fine and dandy but I want to see the scenes animated because it's more enjoyable that way. I'm not saying I would rather have an anime than the manga I am saying I want a fucking anime to go along with it! You're all being mean to "number18" and it pisses me off. Also, Walt, I would struggle so my friends who watched the anime but don't like manga can see the rest of the storyline from thereon.

If you don't want it to come into place just shut the fuck up and stop acting so damn superior to everyone. number18 isn't an idiot like, say, Psymont or any one of those people that have the typing ability of a 4-year-old.

Anyway, I already bought the official DVDs and am going to buy every volume of the manga in English so I will help that way.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I think it's one thing to make something (i.e. Berserk Manga) because you truly want to and then to make something (i.e. Berserk Anime-Second Season) because everyone wants to you. Typically if you pour creative energy into what people want you to make, it won't have the same originality or feel as the creative work you do because you want to do it for yourself.

I'm a strong advocate of creating manga/anime because the artist/creator has the firm desire and drive to make it, not because they are going to appeal to the fanbase.

If they were to make a Berserk Second season, good for them, but I wouldn't want Miura to work on it because someone twisted his arm.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
theblakeman said:
You're all being mean to "number18" and it pisses me off.

WTF!? We're just voicing our opinion on this matter, learn the difference. Do you expect me to support something I do not agree with?

And FYI, personally I am not even against a second season, but like Miyu said, not in this way. I'm sure they can make a second season if they really want to, they really don't have to create a greater demand by showing it on television here first.

I personally would love to see a second season of berserk. I won't say I know for sure that a petition would help, or that I know for sure that Miura doesn't want to do a second season, maybe he does. *shrug*. In any case, it is too bad that this thread was met with so many negative responses, I don't see it being necessary to just drop by and say your not going to help anymore than it's necessary to call up those 1-800 numbers and tell them "Hi, i won't be sponsoring any of your orphans, ahahahahaha." If you didn't like the anime, fine, animes aren't definitely "good" or "bad" it's a matter of preference. I for one, loved the anime. As for actually signing myself, I'll have to see the format of this internet petition or whatever you set it up to be, as I do not care to give my name out on the inernet. Admittedly I am not so interested in a second season that I myself would make a website or something for it, but if 18 is, more power to her. I'm glad to see a "second season" thread for once that's more than just recycled rumors.

theblakeman

Mizar said:
WTF!? We're just voicing our opinion on this matter, learn the difference. Do you expect me to support something I do not agree with?

And FYI, personally I am not even against a second season, but like Miyu said, not in this way. I'm sure they can make a second season if they really want to, they really don't have to create a greater demand by showing it on television here first.

Most of what I said wasn't directed to you.

theblakeman said:
All of you who disagree are being real fucktards.
Because we disagree? That's rich.
The manga is superior to the anime. WHO CARES?
I do.
The anime was made how many years ago? Like, 8?
Six.
Who is to say that superior work can't be produced?
If it were to be an all new anime adaptation, why not.
But a follow-up to the existing one? Nope. Not interested, sorry.
Anime is much more accessible than manga is.
Huh? You mean, to illiterate people?
Who the fuck cares whether you didn't like the first season or not?
Well, we do?

theblakeman

Or to people who don't want to pay 15 bucks to buy dozens of volumes of manga. I said that because you all were being very negative about it and trying to discourage them form doing it. Not in disagreeing, but your commentary about it.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Olivier Hague said:
Er... Since when is anime cheaper than manga?...

http://animenation.com/bkdvd-6001.html

Berserk DVD 1 'War Cry'

List Price: $29.95
Our Price: $26.95

http://animenation.com/4592135741.html

Berserk Import Manga 1

Our Price: $9.95

The manga is cheaper.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Mizar said:
I'm sure they can make a second season if they really want to, they really don't have to create a greater demand by showing it on television here first.

Mizar (and what I'm about to say is something all of you should take the time to read), the POINT of starting a petition is to show the guys with money that there are interested parties. And the POINT of having Berserk being aired on television is so they can see how popular it will become, and once again, know that there are interested parties. Once AGAIN, I will cite The Big O and the fact that the popularity it garnered here in the US on television is what caused a 2nd season to go into production in Japan (why they showed it there first boggles my mind, though).

And to the other comment, I don't quite understand how we would be twisting Miura's arm to make a 2nd season by petitioning and such. He is the one in charge of his creation, anyway.

Olivier Hague, it would be cool to see you maybe explain your answers some day instead of you just dishing out those clever little two and three word sentences. Like why exactly would an all-new adaption be better than a 2nd season?

Also, you can get Berserk dvds at Best Buy for 20 bucks a pop.

Anyways, I'll stop here...

number18 said:
I don't quite understand how we would be twisting Miura's arm to make a 2nd season by petitioning and such. He is the one in charge of his creation, anyway.
I'm not too sure about that...
Olivier Hague, it would be cool to see you maybe explain your answers some day instead of you just dishing out those clever little two and three word sentences.
Explain what?
Like why exactly would an all-new adaption be better than a 2nd season?
Er... Because I didn't like the first one? I'm pretty sure I already said something to that effect in this thread though...
'Still doesn't make it cheaper than manga...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
number18 said:
Mizar (and what I'm about to say is something all of you should take the time to read), the POINT of starting a petition is to show the guys with money that there are interested parties. And the POINT of having Berserk being aired on television is so they can see how popular it will become, and once again, know that there are interested parties. Once AGAIN, I will cite The Big O and the fact that the popularity it garnered here in the US on television is what caused a 2nd season to go into production in Japan (why they showed it there first boggles my mind, though).

Just so you know, I did take time to read your post. But keep in mind that most companies just don't care about however many petitions or letters they get. The Big O was most likely an exception (not to mention the fact that it was still a fairly recent series, unlike Berserk.)

And to the other comment, I don't quite understand how we would be twisting Miura's arm to make a 2nd season by petitioning and such. He is the one in charge of his creation, anyway.

It's doubtful Miura would have much control in any more anime. Series creators rarely get much if any say in anime adaptations of their manga.

Olivier Hague, it would be cool to see you maybe explain your answers some day instead of you just dishing out those clever little two and three word sentences. Like why exactly would an all-new adaption be better than a 2nd season?

I don't know Olivier's reasons (other than he just didn't like it), but I suspect part of it could be because a continuation would be pretty difficult because of some of the things they've left out and changed (namely Skull Knight, Puck, "King Griffith".) And the series gets so complex after the Eclipse that many details would simply be lost.

20 bucks isn't cheap compared to the manga prices, so I'm not sure how this makes any sense.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
kimchan said:
The Big O was most likely an exception (not to mention the fact that it was still a fairly recent series, unlike Berserk.)
Berserk IS a recent series here in the US. The manga is coming out in English this month. So the time is just right, in my opinion.

kimchan said:
It's doubtful Miura would have much control in any more anime. Series creators rarely get much if any say in anime adaptations of their manga.
What exactly makes you think that Miura would lose control of a 2nd animated production? I would think that, at least, the 2nd season's director would be contacting Miura all the TIME for direction...

kimchan said:
I don't know Olivier's reasons (other than he just didn't like it), but I suspect part of it could be because a continuation would be pretty difficult because of some of the things they've left out and changed (namely Skull Knight, Puck, "King Griffith".) And the series gets so complex after the Eclipse that many details would simply be lost.20 bucks isn't cheap compared to the manga prices, so I'm not sure how this makes any sense.
It's obvious that they would have to leave a lot out...but that's what happens when a manga is adapted or vice versa. Details are changed all the time for no good reason other than the fact that it's in a new medium. It seems most of you would rather it be EXACTLY like the manga, animated, than have there be an animated, Berserk with details and such left out. Like blakeman was saying earlier, having scenes from the manga animated is the whole reason I'd want to see the thing in the first place - nevermind how they would adapt the story for television. You guys are against a 2nd season (and the 1st) just because it didn't exactly follow the manga...but when has any printed story ever been faithfully, exactly adapted to moving picture? No shit they're going to leave things out, but that's what must be done in the animation because of time constraints.

Main arguments against a 2nd season appear to be:
cause it will suck,
cause the 1st season sucked,
and cause it won't follow the manga to a T.

When you look at those reasons and even briefly think about them, it all boils down to the excuse that it just won't/doesn't quite follow the manga. And again I ask what manga/novel/comic book has ever been adapted for tv/movie/animation EXACTLY?

lye

Nihilist!
iv allready bought the six dvd sets, and ill buy the manga, so in a way im with you, id like a second season, we dont really need one, and if it would get in the way of the manga, then id rather pass, as for it being on t.v., i dont have a problem with it, even if its all cut up, it doesnt really bug me that much, i just wouldnt watch it.
as for it becoming popular, id like for it to become popular, its a good story with good character and such. I can see why some would want a new season, and i can see why some wouldnt. as long as the manga goes on, ill be happy

Top Bottom