Berserk TV Series - Second season

To bad this series isnt own by ADV they would have put up the money to make more episodes for Berserk. Then again they did put up the money to make more of Kenshin (Samurai X) even though they didn't own the series. I don't think Japanesse companies don't care about if a series is popular anymore it's really about money. ADV put up the money to make more of the old series Bublegum crisis series. oh and Urban Vision with Ninja Scroll eventhough the movie was not popular in Japan it was in the U.S. now we have the tv series because of Urban Vision. In other words MONEY TALKS as long a company is willing to put up the money to be a second season there's a possibility of happneing even if it's not popular in Japan anymore. Oh and this could be bad news but Cartoon Network is looking into of possibility os putting Berserk on Adult Swim. Yeah it probably end up being a hack job but at least it be on TV. :-\

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
CRAZYBERSERKER said:
Then again they did put up the money to make more of Kenshin (Samurai X) even though they didn't own the series.

umm... i thought the last movie of Samuai X Kenshin DIED. So how the hell can they make another movie bout a dead guy?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarkBlademaster said:
umm... i thought the last movie of Samuai X Kenshin DIED. So how the hell can they make another movie bout a dead guy?
He's referring to the initial OVA's, Tsuioku Hen, which was the "flashback" arc during Kenshin's days as a Hitokiri in Kyoto during the Bakumatsu.

The second OVA series was what you saw.

CRAZYBERSERKER said:
Then again they did put up the money to make more of Kenshin (Samurai X) even though they didn't own the series.
They did? I didn't know that.

I don't think Japanesse companies don't care about if a series is popular anymore it's really about money. ADV put up the money to make more of the old series Bublegum crisis series. oh and Urban Vision with Ninja Scroll eventhough the movie was not popular in Japan it was in the U.S. now we have the tv series because of Urban Vision. In other words MONEY TALKS as long a company is willing to put up the money to be a second season there's a possibility of happneing even if it's not popular in Japan anymore.
Of course. ::)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Walter said:
He's referring to the initial OVA's, Tsuioku Hen, which was the "flashback" arc during Kenshin's days as a Hitokiri in Kyoto during the Bakumatsu.

The second OVA series was what you saw.

i see i see 8)

Wereallmad said:
You didn't even like the OST?
I like it. Better than the one of the manga, obviously.
But how many minutes of music do we have for 25 episodes? 40? 50?
When I saw the Occultation episodes for the first time, I thought the use of the BGMs was very effective... But I hadn't seen the previous episodes yet. Hearing the same BGMs in a lot of other scenes, most (all?) of them far more important than the Occultation, is kinda... "blah".

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
It was just plain poorly done. It's a fine start, but after you've gone through the manga, it's trash.
Well, the first ep was nicer to look at than Volume 1, though. Apart from the absence of Puck...
I did (and still do) enjoy the anime quite a lot.. the quality is uneven, yes, but there are plenty of scenes that *do* look great.
But yeah, the manga = HOLY SHIT pretty much all of the time...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Olivier Hague said:
I like it. Better than the one of the manga, obviously.
But how many minutes of music do we have for 25 episodes? 40? 50?
When I saw the Occultation episodes for the first time, I thought the use of the BGMs was very effective... But I hadn't seen the previous episodes yet. Hearing the same BGMs in a lot of other scenes, most (all?) of them far more important than the Occultation, is kinda... "blah".

good point....

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
The music was terribly used in Berserk...and just not enough of it. They were just sloppy...I would love more anime with a new OST to listen to :D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I think a lot of the veteran fans here would agree the anime wasn't even a drop in the ocean compared to the manga, so why even bother? I, too, didn't think the Berserk anime was good, not compared to a lot of other anime out there.

If there was a second season of Berserk, I would watch it, but I would not enjoy it. The Berserk anime was a one off and it ended in the best possible way. It gave the veiwer a taste of the manga and left them gagging for more. Why spoil that with some American Fat Cat pushing money into Miura's pockets? Count me out!

If you want to make an anime petition, make one for a Cowboy Bebop OVA or the Jiinchu arc from Rurouni Kenshin... at least those would be entertaining.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
There aren't so many different tracks,but I always felt they were actually used wisely.Well,it's a matter of taste,after all...

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Agreed on the OST, Oltobaz.

I dunno how one would think the music was used "terribly" though...how else would you use it? What would you have changed, theblakeman?

Oh well. Nothing new on this thread...

pureimpure

I'm a llama!
(hi Iam new here)
I think the anime of berserk was done very well for what it is .
whenever you translate something from script to screen you have to trim the fat .you cant have all the detail in there . we'd have 3 hour episodes instead of 30min.the second season would be great to see , and throwing skully and pak in there isnt that hard to do .skull knight saves gatsu and caska from the eclipse (which happens in the manga) and pak saw the eclipse happening (also in the manga) its pretty easy to present those characters .also there is a PS2 game coming out soon , so hopefully for those that like the anime , maybe that means the second season could be around the corner depending on game sales .

Well put pureimpure. And number18, I comend you on how you went about this whole thing. It's not easy dealing with a stubborn lot. As for the rest of you, what I just stated does not make you wrong for liking the manga and disliking the anime. It's your guys opinions and your entitled to them. But it does make you stubborn for the way you handled yourselves.

Now on to my two cents. Berserk started for me back when the dreamcast was fairly new. Magazines showed a few screen shots of Sword of the Berserk. The dude had a massive sword, he killed a lot of beasts, and he was fighting a massive monster(zodd). I thought wow, cool. 4 or 5 years later(imay be wrong) The anime was released in the states. I saw the cases and thought, hey there was a game for this. I didn't buy it. Two months went buy and I bought the first 2. I felt I had to see them. The first episode was cool, and the episode that guts fought zodd was also cool. I was a little bored with the rest. The 3rd one came out and the 100 man slayer episode rocked. So I bought the rest and I loved the last episode. I checked out info on the manga between releases and I was hooked. I just ordered volume 1 and ive got most of the scans on the computer.

Berserk is a great manga and in my opinion a bad ass anime. Tell me you wouldn't want to see Guts' fight with Grunbeld while he's tearing shit up in the berserk armor. As stated earlier buying the merchandise is the best course of action to show the producers that a second season would be a good call. Introducing skullknight and puck wouldn't be difficult. Guts could have a flashback with his encounter with skullknight in the woods. And he could just meet puck later on. And as for it being butchered with editing, ask yourself this, did you really want to see guts molested by donavan? I would hope the answer is no even if it was in the manga. If you think it should have been in the anime than youre pretty fucked up in the head. That kind of shit aint cool.

I personnally think a second season will be done. It might be more than 25 episodes but I think they are waiting for another big turning point in the manga. They stopped at the eclipse because that was a big event. They just need another big event. Id say griffiths rebirth but not enough story went passed for that like it did with the eclipse.

Oh and miura did have say of what the anime portrayed. They sent him the scripts for the episodes and he made constant changes in it because he felt they werent being true to berserk. The interview can be found on dvd 4 of the anime.

I stand by what Ive stated. I can be stubborn too.

Sorry, it's a longer post then I thought it would be.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
dwarfkicker said:
As for the rest of you, what I just stated does not make you wrong for liking the manga and disliking the anime. It's your guys opinions and your entitled to them. But it does make you stubborn for the way you handled yourselves.

Right....

And as for it being butchered with editing, ask yourself this, did you really want to see guts molested by donavan? I would hope the answer is no even if it was in the manga. If you think it should have been in the anime than youre pretty fucked up in the head. That kind of shit aint cool.

I hope you can see that you're not making any sense here. That part was very important in the development of Guts as a character, it's not about if it's cool or not. Caska being raped and all the Hawks being slaughtered wasn't cool either, so you think they should have left that out of the anime too?

I stand by what Ive stated. I can be stubborn too.

Good for you.

The rape of Caska in the anime wasn't, how should I put this, as strong as it was in the manga. But your're right I shouldn't say somethings not right and say another thing is all right. But still, molesting children, not cool. That goes for the rape of caska but that was the incident that pushed guts to opt for vengence. That or how he saw how she turned out after that. As for the death of the hawks. That was good stuff. How many people can say they didn't enjoy corkus getting his?

An OVA per volume would probably be the best way to go. It would satisfy everyone wanting more anime. And it would be more satisfying to those who were dissapointed with the anime and felt that it should have been closer to the manga.

But what do I know, I'm a noob.

it is true that the berserk anime does not come close to the manga, but i would watch and probablly enjoy seeing berserk in visual motion once again.

realistically though, and forgive me if i sound synical but do letters and petitions EVER do anything? seriously have they in this industry?
maybe they can help a town of 232 people help fix up their shitty little city hall, but with something as big as creating a new series i think not.

i watched all the sad optimistic futurama fans have their spirits crushed when they actually believed that by writing that huge arse petition would stop it from being cancelled, they were clearly sadly mistaken.

im actually curious to know number 18, when EVER has it helped with something like this?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
dwarfkicker said:
An OVA per volume would probably be the best way to go. It would satisfy everyone wanting more anime. And it would be more satisfying to those who were dissapointed with the anime and felt that it should have been closer to the manga.
...??

They don't usualy make OVAs more then half an hour long, so one episode wouldn't be enough for a volume.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I'm against a new series. The manga is quite enough for me. If they did make a new series I probably wouldn't be happy with it because they changed something in a drastic manner. I'm happy with manga.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
generaly, yes, OVAs are about 30 minutes an episode. Sometimes they go longer though. Some of the tenchi ova eps were long, but most only lasted 1/2 an hour. The last ep of blue sub 6 is a little long...
But, 1/2 hour is the norm for OVAs with multiple episodes.

dwarfkicker said:
Tell me you wouldn't want to see Guts' fight with Grunbeld while he's tearing shit up in the berserk armor.
With the same "quality" as in the TV series? No, I wouldn't.
Introducing skullknight and puck wouldn't be difficult. Guts could have a flashback with his encounter with skullknight in the woods.
Sure, it would be easy. It would also be stupid.
did you really want to see guts molested by donavan? I would hope the answer is no even if it was in the manga. If you think it should have been in the anime than youre pretty fucked up in the head. That kind of shit aint cool.
But it is in the manga? Did I miss something, here?
I can be stubborn too.
I thought being stubborn was a bad thing?
dwarfkicker said:
molesting children, not cool.
But killing children (Adonis), cool.
'Makes sense.
dwarfkicker said:
OVAs are only 30 minutes? That blows. But wasn't the ninja scroll movie and ova
1) Huh?
2) It was a movie.

Top Bottom