What did Godot craft there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Well, I'm currently re-reading the manga and in volume 14 in episode 93 Erika shows Rikkert the room with all the things that Godot already crafted. And there's also some weird 2 head mask or something, I think this should be a joke or allude to something, but I don't get it. To me it looks a bit perverse. ;)
Could anyone lighten me up on that? :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There's what could be a chastity belt and 2 branks (what interests you). A Brank is defined in the dictionary as:

A scolding bridle, an instrument formerly used for correcting "scolding" women. It was an iron frame surrounding the head and having a triangular piece entering the mouth of the scold.

See an example of a real one here. (link)
And here is a brief explanation of how and when it was used. (link)
Another page on the subject, more historically detailed. (link)

It's basically a torture tool for women, not unlike a muzzle. It was used to punish women that were considered "a public nuisance".

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Aah, thanks Aazealh, that explains a lot. On that image it looks as if the 3 things were one, that's what irritated me.
My ancestors were a bunch of sick bastards... :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Chiba said:
Aah, thanks Aazealh, that explains a lot. On that image it looks as if the 3 things were one, that's what irritated me.
My ancestors were a bunch of sick bastards... :guts:

I blame the french, personally.

Thanks for the articles, Aaz ol' buddy!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I blame the french, personally.

It came from Scotland, so that's WRONG! :guts:

Anyway I'm locking the thread since the question was answered, unless somebody has a valid reason to keep it active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom