Episode 274

I didn't notice it before...the wind elementals are keeping Guts from sinking, at a quick first glance, it just looks like bubbles.
Wow, sorry if everyone else noticed this...the elementals work underwater. :isidro:
I've also been thinking of what can go down next. Perhaps Ganishka does hit Guts with the big bolt of lightning, and -'blah'- Guts will be out for the count for a few episodes....if this happens, Ganishka will think Guts is dead and as Aaz specualted perhaps the Neo-Hawks will arrive and his attention will be averted.
WHO KNOWS?!?!?!

Actually, the water elementals kept Guts from sinking.  Since the Kuhndalini was killed Schierke could control the water elementals (Undine).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I'd opt for Guts doing something clever over Skully or the moon child suddenly appearing. Having SK show up seems kinda lame to me. But I suppose Miura could pull it off.

I'm also not in favor of an intervention by SK or the Moonlight Child, but at the same time I'm not sure Guts, Serpico and Schierke will be able to pull something off successfully. That's the reason I think something (the Neo Hawks?) might distract Ganishka and allow them to escape.

Proj2501 said:
I didn't notice it before...the wind elementals are keeping Guts from sinking, at a quick first glance, it just looks like bubbles. Wow, sorry if everyone else noticed this...the elementals work underwater.

Well, I had noticed already, sorry. And of course the water elementals (look more closely, they're little mermaids) work underwater, what happened there is that after the Kundalini's demise his control over the Undines was disrupted, so Schierke used them to get Guts out of the water (you can see her murmuring a spell). Serpico didn't pull him up using the Sylphs.

EDIT: Ah, yota821 beat me to the punch. :void:

Proj2501 said:
I've also been thinking of what can go down next. Perhaps Ganishka does hit Guts with the big bolt of lightning, and -'blah'- Guts will be out for the count for a few episodes...

Yeah, that could be, it doesn't look like Serpico made it in time. Damn cliffhanger indeed.

Otherwise there's always the possibility than JIN evoked to me earlier today, since the battle is happening at sea (it's a bit of a One Piece only joke though, sorry). :SK:

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Yes yes, thank you very much. Appreciated to the fullest extent!

Man oh man, Miura out-does himself again. RIGHT when the fight with Daiba seems like a back & forth match, Ganishka gets thrown in. Excellent time for a change of pace if you ask me. :isidro:

I'm also against the typical intervention to save Guts. I'd much rather Serpico "takes a bullet" for him so to speak. Then who knows what happens. Another thing I was thinking about was how Guts' back is to Ganishka- perhaps a view of the brand might make him re-think his attack, or at least give him pause enough for Serpico to get to him.

Granted, it might be difficult to see given the circumstances- Ganishka coming at him at high velocity, steam coming from Guts' body, not to mention the charm around the brand, then again I'd rather see that than Skully or the Moonlight Child jump in.

Opinions opinions! Guess we'll have to wait! :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C. Walken said:
Another thing I was thinking about was how Guts' back is to Ganishka- perhaps a view of the brand might make him re-think his attack, or at least give him pause enough for Serpico to get to him.

Granted, it might be difficult to see given the circumstances- Ganishka coming at him at high velocity, steam coming from Guts' body, not to mention the charm around the brand, then again I'd rather see that than Skully or the Moonlight Child jump in.

Yeah, that seems a bit unlikely, especially since we see smoke rising from where Guts was in the last panel, indicating that Ganishka hit his target (or at least a spot close to it). It's the kind of situation where ironically the charm lessening the effect of the Brand is being detrimental in a way, as Ganishka would most probably be able to feel the Brand without even needing to see it otherwise (though nothing says that would have stopped him from attacking Guts).

PS: Nobody raised this possibility yet but... What if Guts is dead?! :isidro:
[Trolling! ;-D]

Another master plot twist by the master himself :miura:.......

If anyone Miura can do it, and by God we're all gonna love him for doing it too. :casca:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Bah, crazy stuff, and I certainly hope Guts isn't dead o_o.... wouldn't that also mean schierke'd die as well? Baaah, damn you Nish. Can't wait for the ninth, and thanks Aaz :chomp:

And just to point out the little chuckle I had when Nish roasted Daiba. :guts:

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Black_Devil said:
Bah, crazy stuff, and I certainly hope Guts isn't dead o_o.... wouldn't that also mean schierke'd die as well?
Nope.. she somehow went back to her body when Guts' armor was nullified

I'm gonna be pissed if Guts is dead. :miura:

Schierke's 'spirit, if you will, returned to her body, so if Guts died Schierke wouldn't die.  Apparently Ganishka's little bolt of lightning forcibly expelled Schierke, I wonder if it had any ill effect on her?

-Edit- Damnit, beaten.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the scans, Aazealh! One of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten. Oh, Miura, you shouldn't have... :casca: :miura:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
yota821 said:
Schierke's 'spirit, if you will, returned to her body, so if Guts died Schierke wouldn't die. Apparently Ganishka's little bolt of lightning forcibly expelled Schierke, I wonder if it had any ill effect on her?

-Edit- Damnit, beaten.

Ah I see now, if it did have an ill effect, I don't think it is a lasting one, probably just a jolt to her system.

Hmm, wonder if one of the big 4 of the neo-hawks will show up..I'd be much more intrigued by that than I would Skully showing up(I don't see anything Skully could do anyway, since it seems Ganishka doesn't have a "corpereal"(sp.) form in his apostle state due to magic, seems like another case of 'Need magic to beat magic" or something.(That is, unless you're Griffith)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
yota821 said:

If you're thinking of Azan showing up, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I think it'd be the perfect opportunity for him to finally meet up with the group, too. I would definitely prefer that to the chance of him joining up with the Neo Hawks when they pass through town. Oh well, it's only speculation at this point. As for Guts being dead, however... :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
Hmm, wonder if one of the big 4 of the neo-hawks will show up..

You mean the big 5? Zodd, Locus, Grunberd, Irvine, Rakshas.

Black_Devil said:
it seems Ganishka doesn't have a "corpereal"(sp.) form in his apostle state due to magic

We're not sure it's his apostle form though. Like you said, it could be a result of magic. Either purely magic or a mix of both.

Rhombaad said:
If you're thinking of Azan showing up, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I think it'd be the perfect opportunity for him to finally meet up with the group, too.

Whatever happens, he just HAS to join them. Seriously, I was re-reading his duel with Guts in volume 16 yesterday and I couldn't resist his charm. That mustache enticed me, I can't stand his absence anymore. :judo:

IMO the most logical solution is an intervention of the NeoBoTH!
Skully could be a solution,he's not a physical being(not like anyone in the group anyway) so maybe he could do something about Ganishka but it'd look redundant(for me) and the moonchild appeared in a special context, being on the beach at a fullmoon night... these conditions greatly increase the sensitivity to the astral world and I think that for now the child can't appear(to the group)  without them...but we know nothing about him and I can be wrong!
There are so many speculation possible...
PS:Gut's "death"...I can't imagine this but it could mean a new born for him... but I think it's too early for this kind of things(if they ever happen)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
Skully could be a solution,he's not a physical being(not like anyone in the group anyway)

Well he's obviously not a normal human but he has a corporeal form.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't think I would want Guts to die over something as trivial as a huge bolt of lighting from a 300 foot tall fog apostle of terror. It would have to be a lot more epic than that :guts:

S

Some Guy

Very good read.  First off, I was wrong to assume Daiba would die in the episode (suppose he was saving that particular familiar for such an occasion).

Ganishka really has the group (especially Guts) in a real tight spot.  I won't rule out that Guts may be have avoided the blast somehow, but things look real dire at the moment.  I'm thinking a distraction would be likely, which would be nothing less that the Neo-Hawks staging a counterattack in the invading forces, giving the group a chance to recoup and escape.  The don't see Skullknight or the Moonlight Child appearing to be very likely, though.  The group fighting Ganishka seems almost out of the question.

Also, I don't think Guts will die yet though, especially after he's cheated death so many other times :guts:  

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
Yeah, that means they're both mistaken since Guts thought Ganishka was serving Griffith like the other apostles in episode 262. Interesting situation.

Yep, their mutual confusion's rather interesting Xp.

Aazealh said:
How so? Guts doesn't look like he can harm Ganishka

Couldn't the dragon slayer possibly hurt Ganishka? With it's ability yo harm even astral beings.. (Slan was after all just "using" the meat from the trolls, and Ganishka's just "using" fog).

But I do think they'll be interrupted. Like the Neo Hawks could finally arrive in Vritannis and Ganishka would have to take care of them for example. Now if the next episode is about Serpico and Schierke defeating Ganishka then yeah, that will have been wrong.

There's several things that might happen...

1. Skully may show up and save the situation.

2. The Moonlight Child may show up and save the situation.

3. Guts attacks Ganishka and thansk to the DS abilities manage to wound him, thus forcing him to flee (and thus also robbing him of victory in Vritannis as he can't be there to do anything about the Neo-hawks when they appear.

4. The Neo-hawks attack the Kushan forces, thus forcing Ganishka to leave the group alone in order to deal with the new threat.

5. Schireke/the rest of the group come up with something...

6. Unknown cause - this IS Miura we're talking about, so Ganishka might leave or be forced away by another means...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Couldn't the dragon slayer possibly hurt Ganishka? With it's ability yo harm even astral beings.. (Slan was after all just "using" the meat from the trolls, and Ganishka's just "using" fog).

Well I guess it could, but Guts would have to get up there first...

Dark Wanderer said:
Unknown cause - this IS Miura we're talking about, so Ganishka might leave or be forced away by another means...

That's a really pertinent list you have here. Basically anything is possible, but special mention to what everybody else said in the thread, uh?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Err, I don't really get if you're trying to imply a good or bad meaning here <_<...

I meant it in a bad way, sorry. I updated my post to make it clearer.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
I meant it in a bad way, sorry. I updated my post to make it clearer.

No worries :). Thanks for making it clearer. Well, I had those possiblities in mind earlier today, thorugh. People just posted most of them before me <_<. Still, as a summary, not too bad, ne? ^_-

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, I had those possiblities in mind earlier today, thorugh. People just posted most of them before me <_<. Still, as a summary, not too bad, ne? ^_-
And what STUNNING possibilities they are! XD

Amidst your whole "Couldn't the dragon slayer possibly hurt Ganishka?" tirade, you fail to acknowledge that Ganishka has already dealt the "coup de grace" thunderbolt. The aftermath of this blow is the most direct suspense right now, but all you care about are deus ex machinas... I suggest you add the possibility of Doc Brown ripping through time and space to rescue Guts before the blow hits to your profound list.

Here's a list of my own. Your reply will consist of:

1) You being offended by my post and whining about it.
2) The same drivel with more indecipherable emoticons.
3) The moonlight child possesses your body and writes a suitable reply
4) One of the admins deletes it and saves me the pain of reading another one.

Top Bottom