Episode 274

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Walter said:
And what STUNNING possibilities they are! XD

Want me to add an even more impossible possibility, then? ^_-

Amidst your whole "Couldn't the dragon slayer possibly hurt Ganishka?" tirade, you fail to acknowledge that Ganishka has already dealt the "coup de grace" thunderbolt.  The aftermath of this blow is the most direct suspense right now, but all you care about are deus ex machinas... I suggest you add the possibility of Doc Brown ripping through time and space to rescue Guts before the blow hits to your profound list.

We've seen Guts getting pretty much trashed up before. Yes, the blow he jsut was bad, but he has risen from bad blows before. It's up to what Miura decides should be impossible or not impossible for him, isn't it? Regarding the DS, my thought was that if it has the power to hurt astral beings, their very soul/being, then why shouldn't it be able to hurt Ganishka? It's not like the flesh Slan was used mattered to her either (Guts blew away her whole stomach, after all), but nonetheless she was hurt on a "deeper" level when Guts used the DS. I'm not saying the same apply to Ganishka, being of fog, but then again, it was all just a thought.

Here's a list of my own. Your reply will consist of:

1) You being offended by my post and whining about it.

I do think I have better things to do than whin, but why shouldn't I at least speak in my defense?

2) The same drivel with more indecipherable emoticons.

Well, I like to use emoticons. Feel free to dislike or disliket hem yourself :p

3) The moonlight child possesses your body and writes a suitable reply

So far feeling rather unpossessed... :troll:

[4) One of the admins deletes it and saves me the pain of reading another one.

Anything's possible :puck:.

Walter said:
And what STUNNING possibilities they are! XD

Amidst your whole "Couldn't the dragon slayer possibly hurt Ganishka?" tirade, you fail to acknowledge that Ganishka has already dealt the "coup de grace" thunderbolt.  The aftermath of this blow is the most direct suspense right now, but all you care about are deus ex machinas... I suggest you add the possibility of Doc Brown ripping through time and space to rescue Guts before the blow hits to your profound list.

Here's a list of my own. Your reply will consist of:

1) You being offended by my post and whining about it.
2) The same drivel with more indecipherable emoticons.
3) The moonlight child possesses your body and writes a suitable reply
4) One of the admins deletes it and saves me the pain of reading another one.

http://karatepwnage.ytmnd.com/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well anyway (in a humble attempt to get the thread back on tracks), there's a possibility that hasn't been listed: Ganishka was amazed that Guts could take so much of his lightning without dying, and he went all pompous "now I order you to die" when bolting him the third time. So he could just leave, thinking that he's dead for good, without even making sure it's the case.

Other than that, nobody's really commented on the Garuda (pterodactyl-like familiar) yet... Don't you guys find it awesome? I know I just love it.

EDIT: And you've just got to love Puck on page 08, asking Ganishka if he's the owner of "this pet" (he's holding the Kundalini's head):

Puck-Kundalini.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Well anyway (in a humble attempt to get the thread back on tracks), there's a possibility that hasn't been listed: Ganishka was amazed that Guts could take so much of his lightning without dying, and he went all pompous "now I order you to die" when bolting him the third time. So he could just leave, thinking that he's dead for good, without even making sure it's the case.

Yeah, this whole episode begs the question of where this is going beyond whether Guts is zapped or not. What understanding are Ganishka and Guts going to come to about each other? I'm just wondering if Miura wants them to simply know of each other for their own familiarity of the bigger picture or if they're actually going to have some kind of relationship, whether they continue to be enemies directly or not. Certainly not looking friendly, but a clearing of the air isn't out of the question, though I think Ganishka is actually more likely to be the catalyst for that; Guts usually doesn't care for alliances even if he knows there's mutually beneficial interest (and yeah, he obviously has a thing against Apostles). =)

Ganishka may have already lost Griffith's Princess, but he could still have his queen! :troll:

Aazealh said:
Other than that, nobody's really commented on the Garuda (pterodactyl-like familiar) yet... Don't you guys find it awesome? I know I just love it.

As I told you last night, I think the fact that it's not even worth noting shows just how cool Berserk is. I didn't even notice at first, "Oh, he was saved by his pet pterodactyl, the devious sonofa..." =)

I wonder how much more abuse Guts will be able to take in this battle. I get the feeling that when it comes time to sail away, Guts' body will be dragged or carried onto that boat.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I suggest you add the possibility of Doc Brown ripping through time and space to rescue Guts before the blow hits to your profound list.

Great Scott!  I never even considered that! :isidro:

Aazealh said:
EDIT: And you've just got to love Puck on page 08, asking Ganishka if he's the owner of "this pet" (he's holding the Kundalini's head):

Puck-Kundalini.jpg

He's certainly come a long way since the early days with the Black Swordsman. Nowadays he's just flat-out mocking powerful baddies to their faces; I love that little guy. :casca: :puck:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, this whole episode begs the question of where this is going beyond whether Guts is zapped or not. What understanding are Ganishka and Guts going to come to about each other? I'm just wondering if Miura wants them to simply know of each other for their own familiarity of the bigger picture or if they're actually going to have some kind of relationship, whether they continue to be enemies directly or not. Certainly not looking friendly, but a clearing of the air isn't out of the question, though I think Ganishka is actually more likely to be the catalyst for that; Guts usually doesn't care for alliances even if he knows there's mutually beneficial interest (and yeah, he obviously has a thing against Apostles). =)

Ganishka may have already lost Griffith's Princess, but he could still have his queen! :troll:

As I told you last night, I think the fact that it's not even worth noting shows just how cool Berserk is. I didn't even notice at first, "Oh, he was saved by his pet pterodactyl, the devious sonofa..." =)

Me and Aaz did have a discussion about that earlier, Guts would never ally with Nish, he'd sooner ally than be killed(Nish is just as bad as Griffith, if not more so atm, as he's pure evil incarnate) If you don't think Nish would've offed Daiba were he not a general, you're kidding yourself. He doesn't care who he kills, he's made that very clear, he'll go to any lengths to do so as well. Guts wouldn't join Nish no matter what he offers. Though I myself will be glad to see this misunderstanding cleared up, could be interesting. :chomp:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I'm sorry, Black_Devil... but everytime you said "Nish" I read "Nash"... it makes for a pretty funny post :guts:

Griffith

Yeah yeah, Guts would rather walk over boiling coals and eat hot lava than ally with The Ganish (or Steve Nash), but my point wasn't teaming up as just leaving each other alone (for now). Actually, Aaz kinda confused me out of my original point because we crossed topics... =)

Anyway, yeah, they aren't going to high five, but if Ganishka knew about Guts' and especially Casca's relationship with Griffith, I'm sure he could find a use for them besides the beach BBQ (and if this episode is any indication, he certainly looks like he could try to force the issue). Barring that, I don't think Ganishka is without anything to offer (not just a shared enemy, but going fanfic here, Guts needs help with his brand one way or another).

On the other hand, just as likely Ganishka could be just the greater evil to force Griffith and Guts to reunite.

And then there's my favorite scenario, brought to you by Skull Knight: kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. :badbone:

maybe with the armor deactivated, Ganishka will see the brand on guts and be like WTFOMGBBQ? Will he care that Guts is not affiliated with the hawk? probably not, but who knows.

CnC

Ad Oculos
gh-zodd said:
maybe with the armor deactivated, Ganishka will see the brand on guts and be like WTFOMGBBQ? Will he care that Guts is not affiliated with the hawk? probably not, but who knows.

I get the feeling Ganashka doesnt really notice subtleties

Griffith

CnC said:
I get the feeling Ganashka doesnt really notice subtleties

Yeah, considering how he turned over Charlotte, for an Emperor, he doesn't seem to have very good court awareness. He's certainly good at the buzzer though in this episode. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I'm sorry, Black_Devil... but everytime you said "Nish" I read "Nash"...

Hmm yeah, it'd be cool if you used his full name Black_Devil, that abbreviation isn't really legitimate.

Actually, Aaz kinda confused me out of my original point because we crossed topics... =)

Yeah right, it's always my fault! Damn you guys, damn you all to hell! :puck: :judo:

Anyway, yeah, they aren't going to high five, but if Ganishka knew about Guts' and especially Casca's relationship with Griffith, I'm sure he could find a use for them besides the beach BBQ

Well, he could just let them go, that'd be enough. Knowing that Guts intends to kill Griffith one day could be enough of a reason to spare him, just because he might end up unknowingly helping Ganishka. I don't really see Guts and Griffith working together against him though, no matter how fun the idea is.

Anyway, going back to CnC's joke about the DS being a lightning rod and various people's enthusiasm about its astral aura, I wonder if Guts won't simply use it to protect himself from the lightning somehow. Whether it's by deflecting it, absorbing it or just plain resisting it.

And to conclude, some news from Miura: these days he's been drawing his sketches in a teashop.

Aazealh said:
the DS being a lightning rod... deflecting it, absorbing it or just plain resisting it.

Not sure this is a good idea, with Guts in metall armour and wet he'd probably just end up a smoking rubble. I'm more inclined to Serpico doing something with the wind elements eg. shielding him or carrying him away

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Not sure this is a good idea, with Guts in metall armour and wet he'd probably just end up a smoking rubble.

He could let the DS absorb the shock so he wouldn't take it himself, that's what I meant. He'd have not to be holding it of course (by thrusting it in the shipwreck he's on for example).

Aazealh said:
thrusting it in the shipwreck he's on for example
That might work but even in that case all that sea water would act as a conductor, he'd have to be out of the way completely, which I'm not sure he's able to pull of given his state so - :serpico: IMHO

puella

Berserk forever
In page 10, Ganishka called Guts "Virabhadana Kshatria" which means "Beast-faced warrior" in kanji. I remember that Guts was called "kshatria" by Daiba recently, more exactly "kshatria of Durga". "Kshatria" is the second cast in Hinduism, which is for warriors or nobles. And "Virabhadra" is the name of the hero who was made of the hair of Shiva which had fallen into the earth. Then what is "Virabhadana"? It might be a combination of words, but which exactly? That's the problem. :puck:

EDIT: I found that "vira" means hero, champion, warrior, etc; and "vadana" means "face, mouth, an animal's mouth". So I think "virabadana" could be "vira + vadana", making it something like "heroic beast-faced warrior".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
That might work but even in that case all that sea water would act as a conductor, he'd have to be out of the way completely, which I'm not sure he's able to pull of given his state so

The amount of electricity he'd take would be much less and therefore not fatal. He doesn't have to avoid it completely.

Well, OK I must admit that Guts did receive a charge and lived, which probably means that Ganishka's bolts are not on par with natural lightning. On the other hand further discussion on the grounding effects of DS and other electrical properties would totally deviate this topic, so I suggest we drop it.
Serpico's intervention is, however, a different story :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Well, OK I must admit that Guts did receive a charge and lived, which probably means that Ganishka's bolts are not on par with natural lightning.

Actually he also partly took it before, and I don't see how living after receiving Ganishka's lightning bolt proves anything. A lot of people survive natural lightning (even several times), and it's Guts we're talking about here. If anything I'd say Ganishka's lightning is as strong or stronger than natural one, seeing how it killed 3 apostles at a time in Wyndham.

vlad said:
On the other hand further discussion on the grounding effects of DS and other electrical properties would totally deviate this topic, so I suggest we drop it.

Sure, I was just throwing the idea out there anyway, I didn't mean to start a debate on the issue.

Aazealh said:
And to conclude, some news from Miura: these days he's been drawing his sketches in a teashop.
Before this electrifying exchange of posts (the joke is dumb, but I write all my own stuff :???:) I forgot to ask, does this mean he'll cut down on vacations or what?
Back to the episode. I'm hoping that the group gets out of this one by their own means, cos no matter how cool SK is having him bail them out again would seem a bit Deus Ex and could lead to them getting a bit "spoiled".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
does this mean he'll cut down on vacations or what?

Nope, just that he works in a teashop these days (instead of his house/atelier). And you seem to be mistaken like many people are about Miura's breaks. He doesn't take vacations, he just concentrates on the plot and the development of the story for a while, thus taking a break from the regular production of episodes. He may also use that time to paint covers or color illustrations, create new character designs, or work on various other stuff (games, etc).

vlad said:
no matter how cool SK is having him bail them out again would seem a bit Deus Ex and could lead to them getting a bit "spoiled".

Well, it's not like SK spends all his time saving Guts anyway. I don't think it'll happen.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Nope, just that he works in a teashop these days (instead of his house/atelier). And you seem to be mistaken like many people are about Miura's breaks. He doesn't take vacations, he just concentrates on the plot and the development of the story for a while, thus taking a break from the regular production of episodes. He may also use that time to paint covers or color illustrations, create new character designs, or work on various other stuff (games, etc).

Well whatever he can do relax a bit would be good. Man's a workaholic, it seems

Aazealh said:
you seem to be mistaken like many people are about Miura's breaks
Arrgh, fallen victim to common misconceptions, goes to show that "It can happen to you." Thx for clearing that up for me.
Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that SK does it on a regular basis, just saying that it would be nice to see a continuing group effort to runaway from/fool Ganishka.

Top Bottom