Episode 274

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
Yeah I probably took your comments a little too seriously, I over reacted, I'm sorry man. Its just, there was someone from another forum community that I'm from that used to talk down to me a lot, any little gramatical/spelling mistake he'd point out or maybe that was just his little fan club, he was a real jerk, and I really just hated him.

Hey there Donald, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

I'm glad to see that this mini-conflict is over. Anyway, please try not to be over-sensitive in the future since SK.net isn't that other place you're coming from. I'm sure you realize that from our point of view it made you sound rude more than the other way around. Giving Walter (founder of this community and fan of Berserk since forever) sass when he was just being playful and genuinely curious about your assertions wasn't exactly the best way to introduce yourself, especially if your theory was a bit of a joke like you said. :guts:

And aside from that we're pretty rigorous when it comes to Berserk facts and speculation in general over here, so you will find that any claim or theory usually requires explanations, argumentation and justification to be well regarded. Moving on to your post:

Donald Shimoda said:
But in all seriousness yeah Guts does look pretty messed up/wornout, though I think if it comes down to it, if he has to, he will keep fighting untill he dies, even if it means reactivating the Berserker armor again. I mean think about it, if he falls here, whats to happen to Casca and the others? He'll probably keep fighting till this is over or can get away, like he always has.

The problem I see here is that Guts looked pretty much KO in this episode. Reactivating the armor? Fine, but what would he do? Ganishka would just electrocute him again. And as far as fighting goes there isn't much he can do it seems (not even flee, which is what he attempted in this episode). Ganishka's a fog figure as tall as a building and standing in the sky, so what's Guts supposed to do, wave the DS at the fog's base or something? It's the same fog that covers all the city and till now we have had no reason to assume he'd be able to damage it at all by doing that.

Obviously something is going to happen, Ganishka won't just kill Guts and then finish off the rest of the group; Berserk isn't ending with episode 275, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Guts single-handedly defeating him out of pure will. Keep also in mind that his situation is unlike anything he's ever been in, and that the odds are currently against him. In that regard I think what was previously said in the thread by various other members is relevant (alternate ways for the situation to be resolved). Anyway it won't be long until we get answers now.

Donald Shimoda said:
Marraka(sp?)

Makara. :void:

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
You know i think it's cool that Guts is finally in Ganishka's radar. I would be surprised if Guts were to just croak from Gan's lightning considering what Guts went thru to survive plus how its been just one long battle after another since their visit in Vritannis. Would you think that being in hell with the Godhand surrounded by demons be a larger obstacle compared to the situation he's in? I think not. But let's say if he did "die" from it my prediction is that his body would be completely disintergrated. This might signal off the story of how the group will coup without Guts temporarily and at some point he will come back maybe even more powerful then he was. Hey i know its far fetch but it doesn't hurt just to think up fun scenarios

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
Would you think that being in hell with the Godhand surrounded by demons be a larger obstacle compared to the situation he's in? I think not.

He's never been in Hell (talking about the Vortex of Souls here, which is what is called Hell in Berserk), and what are you referring to exactly? The Eclipse? Not a great example of Guts defeating adversity and getting away without being scarred for life. :schierke: As for really dying, like it's been said it's obviously pretty unlikely. It's just interesting because it could happen, and it's rarely the case (plus there's definitely potential for serious consequences, he's not going to just be alright even if he dodged the last lightning bolt).

But think about it, he was in bad shape before and had just started to recover. He gets through several fights and is severely wounded by a Makara. Then he half burns from his suicide attack to vanquish the Kundalini, and finally Ganishka fries him with lightning. Three times (if we are to assume he hit him the third time). Guts was already trying to escape before, so do you expect him to just rise and kick Ganishka's ass? I don't know, but I expect something else this time.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
I figure Ganishka will just....drift away, assuming the guy in the heavy armor will drown.
Wait what....? You mean Guts the protagonist of the story? The guy who we have been following since his birth from a corps? Have been smoking crack by any chance?

wonderland reject said:
Wait what....? You mean Guts the protagonist of the story? The guy who we have been following since his birth from a corps? Have been smoking crack by any chance?

The post is completely logical. Ganshika knows little of Guts...little to lead him to believe that after being fried multiple times by lightning Guts could pull himself out of the water, heavy armor or not.

BTW: Is there no preview for Episode 275? It's slated to come out Friday (two days from now) and we've usually got a discussion topic by then...Is there no preview?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
The post is completely logical. Ganishka knows little of Guts...

I think wonderland reject just got a bit confused and missed the fact Funkmasta Zeph meant that Ganishka would believe that Guts would drown, instead taking it as "Guts' going to drown."

coolerimmortal said:
Is there no preview?

No, there isn't. Unless you count this as a valid preview:

275-Griffith-Guts.jpg

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
EDIT: I hate you... :judo:

EDIT2: Although that would have been pretty cool.... I am also seriously considering that Skullknight will make an appearance. Himself and Flora had the conversation that Gut's and his group should not make the same mistakes that her and him had made... With this, it obvious from what other people have seen that SK is hollow on the inside and that his spirit/od resides in him. With this he more then likely lost his physical body from dying from a battle maybe somewhat similar to this. Wonder if he will save Gut's from losing his body like he probably did.

Aazealh said:
I think wonderland reject just got a bit confused and missed the fact Funkmasta Zeph meant that Ganishka would believe that Guts would drown, instead taking it as "Guts' going to drown."

Ah, thanks. A pity there isn't a preview...I keep cracking up when I see your fake preview, though...it's great.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
With this, it obvious from what other people have seen that SK is hollow on the inside and that his spirit/od resides in him. With this he more then likely lost his physical body from dying from a battle maybe somewhat similar to this.

Well, that was kind of obvious long before that. We still don't know anything about how he became what he is though, and I'm not convinced he'll show up even considering all of this anyway. Who knows though.

coolerimmortal said:
A pity there isn't a preview...I keep cracking up when I see your fake preview, though...it's great.

Hehe thanks. There might still be a preview tomorrow though, sometimes they're that late. Otherwise, well, we won't count on them anymore I guess.

Yeah I misread their message, I'd just got back from the pub and perhaps I should have not had that last double whisky? Although I will point out that Ganshika can apparently sense Guts brand so if he pay attention he should notice him not dieing but Ganshika arrogance could mean he walk off.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Ganishka knows that he need's every help he can get against a probably more powerful oponent like griffith. I hope that he somehow notices the brand as the source of the dark energy he feels about guts. My theory how it goes on is, that ganishka sees the brand on guts thinking about the way he should treat him and before he can make a decision "something else" :griff: calls attention to him and he let the group with a warning never again to mess with him go.
I hope for the health of guts that i am right leastwise once.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:

meh, I wouldn't mind a griffith appearance, personally. Perhaps not like _that_, but playing some part in Guts survival wouldn't be bad. I mean, hell, he's a living god. I could totally buy his being there in a split second (he's already done similar achievements)

...for now I'm stickin' with the DS=lighting rod theory :D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I mean, hell, he's a living god.
Don't you mean living god HAND? :void: Just calling him a god is putting him on the same level as Kundalini... Anyway, the Apostles call him THE God, not just a "lowercase G" god. But there can't be two concurrent Gods... right?

But that wordage aside, it's true, we don't know his full capabilities yet.

Aazealh said:
Hey there Donald, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

I'm glad to see that this mini-conflict is over. Anyway, please try not to be over-sensitive in the future since SK.net isn't that other place you're coming from. I'm sure you realize that from our point of view it made you sound rude more than the other way around. Giving Walter (founder of this community and fan of Berserk since forever) sass when he was just being playful and genuinely curious about your assertions wasn't exactly the best way to introduce yourself, especially if your theory was a bit of a joke like you said. :guts:

And aside from that we're pretty rigorous when it comes to Berserk facts and speculation in general over here, so you will find that any claim or theory usually requires explanations, argumentation and justification to be well regarded.

Yeah I really messed up, I apologise for that.

Aazealh said:
Moving on to your post:

The problem I see here is that Guts looked pretty much KO in this episode. Reactivating the armor? Fine, but what would he do? Ganishka would just electrocute him again. And as far as fighting goes there isn't much he can do it seems (not even flee, which is what he attempted in this episode). Ganishka's a fog figure as tall as a building and standing in the sky, so what's Guts supposed to do, wave the DS at the fog's base or something? It's the same fog that covers all the city and till now we have had no reason to assume he'd be able to damage it at all.

Obviously something is going to happen, Ganishka won't just kill Guts and then finish off the rest of the group; Berserk isn't ending with episode 275, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Guts single-handedly defeating him out of pure will. Keep also in mind that his situation is unlike anything he's ever been in, and that the odds are currently against him. In that regard I think what was previously said in the thread by various other members is relevant (alternate ways for the situation to be resolved). Anyway it won't be long until we get answers now.

Makara. :void:

True, perhaps if he used the DS as a lightening rod, maybe he could somehow hold the electric charge or reflect it. He could use the electricity to harm Ganishka maybe. Hes made of fog, which is water in a gas like state, couldn't electricity harm water?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
What about the fact that the DS is no longer just a piece of metal? Wonder if its dark powers will help any in this situation.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I don't think we know enough about Griffith to truly define him currently (we may never). He could just be a tool, he could be a supreme being as described by some, or he could likely fall somewhere in between. Godhood is already very subjective, especially when you get into the lowercase versus captial G dynamic. But, all things considered, I don't see anything wrong with casually referring to him like that. Conversely, I think the real mistake is thinking of him in any sort of absolute manner since it's anything but that now. We simply don't know.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=God

But for the record, he covers at 5 out of 6 definitions for God. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
There can be. The only reason there couldn't be is if you're bound by the Judeo-Christian ideal of "God". Just look at Hinduism.
Well, until the Elephant God of Chocolate Candy rears his tusken head, there's only one God in Berserk, the Idea of Evil. By my questioning tone, I was inferring that it's obvious that Griffith and the Idea of Evil aren't on the same level.

Walter said:
Well, until the Elephant God of Chocolate Candy rears his tusken head, there's only one God in Berserk, the Idea of Evil. By my questioning tone, I was inferring that it's obvious that Griffith and the Idea of Evil aren't on the same level.

Ah, I understand. Sorry.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I don't think we should give Idea supreme being status just yet (actually, more like it's been stripped away by the recent volumes); so much has happened and so many new etherial wrinkles have been added (too many questions, not enough answers). While certainly it can be considered a God or God-like entity, more prudent and open-minded to think of it as an extremely powerful supernatural being, perhaps beyond comprehension.

Coolerimmortal also makes a good point about Hinduism relating to the supernatural world of Berserk in general.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I don't think we should give Idea supreme being status just yet (actually, more like it's been stripped away by the recent volumes); so much has happened and so many new etherial wrinkles have been added (too many questions, not enough answers). While certainly it can be considered a God or God-like entity, more prudent and open-minded to think of it as an extremely powerful supernatural being, perhaps beyond comprehension.

Coolerimmortal also makes a good point about Hinduism relating to the supernatural world of Berserk in general.

I've always thought that another deity, or a higher deity, would be highly probable. Somewhere along the line, the idea of the deity controlling everything being a creature of evil strikes me as...odd. I've considered the possibility of a "good" variation of the Idea, along with a higher, neutral being...though this is pure, baseless speculation, my apologies.

Nonetheless, I do believe there are other Gods in the world of Berserk, but as there is no true evidence as to their existance, there is little to say on the subject.

Top Bottom