Your Berserk reading habits?

I was wondering how often and in how large entireties do you read the Berserk manga?

Personally, I read every volume that has been released at the time in "one sitting" about once a year. By one sitting I mean for a few days I eat, sleep and read Berserk.
I really like to get into the story and when I start reading it I can't stop

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I do the "One Sitting" every six months or so; I go back and read it all over again. Usually though, I read it when episodes come out and sometimes read the episode before the current one to remind myself what's going on.

Oh, and sometimes I'll listen to the Anime soundtrack with it. That or Opeth :badbone:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I usually re-read the previous 3 or 4 volumes while I wait for the next DH release. I don't really like speeding through all of them; I prefer to sit back after each one and really think and go over what I just read and whats happened.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
once i tried to read all the volume before the new one of DH went out but it's starting to take long since they are at volume 11 but usually i'm trying to read all of them before the next release..

Usually I read a volume once every month; about a few pages a day trying to translate it myself (helps with my Japanese). Though, seeing as I've only got volumes 26-30 right now, I don't binge on Berserk as much as I'd like to. Still, moving this slow has it benefits: mainly catching the details in Miura's art and appreciating them.

S

smoke

I actually re-read pretty rarely. Usually, I only go back when I want to look something up. I have read volumes of the Retribution arc a few times, though. Because Mozgus totally ROCKS. We need a Mozgus smiley.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"hey sweetie, what does this kanji say?" :serpico:

"I don't know, its too old. I dont want to read Berserk, it looks boring." :schierke:

"....." :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I'll make her come around though... she thought the first batman and predator looked boring as well, but after she saw them, she liked them a lot!

Ah, I prefer that! There's still hope! :guts:

I go through periods of intense reading, and then nothing for a long time. I recently started reading the manga from the beginning and im at volume 11 now, but i hadnt read it for about six months.  I usually listen to either dragonforce or opeth when reading it too. Opeth is the BEST for berserk reading!!

Spirit of Ukko

Eclipse darkened the horizon
Nice to notice that there are Opeth fans here! When i read Berserk i take a good position in couch and start to read. I like to listen music too while reading "B" (havent tried Opeth yet though). I like to listen specially old Amorphis (album "Tales from the Thousand Lakes" takes me really to Berserk atmosphere, specially the cover art) i also like to listen Callisto (listen here!).

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
hmm, at least i know im not alone when it comes to mood music w/ berserk...i listen to a bunch....although i like to listen to somethin a little hard when the guts goes berserk....say....mudvayne, seven dust, soulfly, and korn....haha...maybe foo fighers, opeth, some manson....

mmmm.... As often as I can. I need to try the Mood music... I need to dust off my older copies and read them again. Oh, time where did you go? :beast:

With the exception of random Suehiro Maruo or Katsuhiro Otomo books that I pick up from time to time, Berserk is pretty much the only comic I read, and I read it often. I go through the whole thing, 1-30, then when I'm finished start over again. Like someone mentioned, it helps with the Japanese. When I get to certain parts of the story I tend to read more compulsively: vols 8-13 I usually go through in a couple days, things slow down from 17-21 then pick up again when Guts gets his armor. When I finish I do wait a couple weeks to let it digest before starting back up again.

When I read I usually listen to the Berserk OST or to other Hirasawa music.

Tj-Sama

--Vicious Smile--
I need some sort of classical music playing in the background even if it's not on loud I need the background noise xD

Top Bottom