The REAL Glossary

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I figured it'd be a more practical idea to reform the glossary so it includes EVERYTHING, not simply things in the Berserk world that don't fit into either Locations or Characters. So, here's EVERYTHING in the Berserk world, with several additions that weren't there before.

The new format allows me to add and edit entries on-the-fly so if anyone sees anything I left out, please don't hesitate to post it here. Enjoy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I like that new version a lot too. The glossary should really be the main part of the Encyclopedia, with entries on everything in Berserk. The Ultimate Knowledge Resource in other words. :badbone:

Seal_of_Approval.gif

Well this post can be a genuine contribution or just a smartass remark-your call :troll:
but here goes: Yugo - the minister of finance of Midland, and yes I was saving it for the ABC's thread but no bigy :carcus:
P.S. Great work really not trying to kid about that!!!!!!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Well this post can be a genuine contribution or just a smartass remark-your call :troll:
but here goes: Yugo - the minister of finance of Midland, and yes I was saving it for the ABC's thread but no bigy :carcus:
Err, Yugo? Sorry, I don't remember him. Can you give me a volume and page number for this?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's in volume 17, when the king dies. Just a worthless character mentioned a single time in the whole series. There are a lot of others like that, but for now I don't think they're worth adding. Maybe later, once the bigger stuff is down.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Great Job!
I always thought that the characters and locations should be added to the glossary too.

It's getting really impressive now.  :isidro:

nice!

edit: er... shouldn't Gaiseric be added?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
It's in volume 17, when the king dies. Just a worthless character mentioned a single time in the whole series. There are a lot of others like that, but for now I don't think they're worth adding. Maybe later, once the bigger stuff is down.
Oh, Yugo! How could I forget!

Unfortunately, I agree with Aaz on this. Yugo and the other ministers of Midland affairs are a little too inconsequential to include in the Glossary. Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw Yugo's disembodied head sucking the dick of a fountain in ep 232. It's not likely he'll play a role in the future XD

In the defense of other one-shot references in the Glossary, Randel, Nicce, Paneria etc. are all part of the Holy See Alliance, and may yet play a role on the front lines of Vritannis. They're also entire countries, playing an active role in current events.

brinco said:
Nice work, Walter. Was the old glossary static?
Yep, all hard-coded HTML. It, like the rest of the encyclopedia, was a pain to update. Now it's all PHP, and I can just add a new entry very easily.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Good stuff Walter! :carcus:

Just had some possible minor corrections...

1. For Godo, you have him in there as "Godot" is this really his name? have I been living a lie?

2. For the entry for Enoch Village, at the end there I think you may have repeated yourself cause it says... ".. to rebuild to rebuild". Is that intentional as well?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
1. For Godo, you have him in there as "Godot" is this really his name? have I been living a lie?

Yes, that's most probably how it's spelt. As in Waiting for Godot.

Great work, Walter :guts:

minor correction :-X:
receive instead of recieve in the entries for "Apostle" and "One hundred man slayer"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the fixes, Saiya and Chung. Those types of errors are bound to happen when entering data as quickly as I did.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Now I see why the Berserk abc's thread was revived.

Well written, will enjoy reading.
This was done well after the ABC thread was revived. But its true, it may have had a subconscious effect on me
idea-ani4.gif

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Bloody brilliant! Good job mate, I'm proud of you. It's looks beautiful :badbone:

Anyway, I too have lived a lie. Godot... maybe I'll just make silence the T when I say it :judo:

Top Bottom