BERSERK Movie Posters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: BERSERK: THE MOVIE Posters

I think my favorite so far is Wally's, I think the execution is better than the sum of the parts. It has a really interesting spacey feel to it you can't quite put your finger on. Just cool.

And Ravant's looks fine to me. As far as the figure goes, looking at it objectively (as if I didn't already know it was a figure), it looks passable the way it's being used (in vague and stylized teaser fashion) and I think the simple pose helps that. If you contorted it dramatically I think it would look more awkward. Other than that, I'm obviously a fan of the lone Guts shot. Overall, it makes me think of volume 22 and Pixar. =)

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

Phew . . . Here is a movie poster for those who like the idea of a Slan-Guts pairing. I think that the expression visible on Gut's face really makes this poster.
With little more then MS Paint to work with for the lettering I decided to letter it by hand as everything else looked even worse:
"In association with Kentarou Miura and A.O.W. productions . . . Comes a Love-story so moving . . . it will transcend your sanity . . . His too . . ."
A Fish in the Sea.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6278/berserksgpiiii2hu.jpg

Griffith

Forest Wraith said:
With little more then MS Paint to work with for the lettering I decided to letter it by hand as everything else looked even worse:

Times New Roman wasn't available? I think anything else would be better, despite the inherent comedy gold. ;)

Page 4 is getting off to a slow start, still waiting for that uber photorealistic character collage that's going to make Neo-SK.net about to EXPLODE! :troll:

/awesome

berspost7jd.jpg

:guts:

Griffith

Hey, where'd everybody go?

That's it, I didn't want to have to do this, but if I have to make the next poster, I'm casting Leo Dicaprio as Griffith! Don't think I don't have guts.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Hey, where'd everybody go?

That's it, I didn't want to have to do this, but if I have to make the next poster, I'm casting Leo Dicaprio as Griffith! Don't think I don't have guts.

Hey, if your casting Leo Dicaprio as griffith, Use Dolph Lundgren as Guts, hehe. Thats all I can come up with

CnC

Ad Oculos

Poster = Failed!

Since griff tried to revive the thread I tried to create one here at work on this crummy computer but I quickly ran out of time before I had to go back to real work and it really wasn't up to snuff. But I'll post the failed attempt anyway, what the hell...
Didn't have enough time to blend in the tree nor enough time to put in the bodies. But you get the idea of what I was going for.

I present, the poster abortion:
poster_failed.jpg

dear god thats bad... :judo:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

I actually think it's pretty neat, and the text is really cool. Definetly the style you could see in thetres. The only real problem I see is the blending of the tree branches with the sky and the trunk with the ground.

Still neat though :guts: I'm working on one, but I've been bust a lot lately.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Skullgrin140 said:
If that is the corpse tree, no dead bodies I can see,
CnC mentioned that he didnt have time to add the bodies...

I like the concept a lot. And since you're using actual scenery, it's obviously going to have the one-up on virtually every other poster here. Good luck dude.

CnC

Ad Oculos

yea there are a ton of blending problems in addition to it not being done. I'd say its probably 15-20%.

Griffith

Still lookin' good so far. Progressive Berserk movie poster. :carcus:

S

smoke

bizzirk.jpg

It's paint. There's only so much I can do!

Griffith

Again, doesn't look bad to me from a design standpoint, makes me think of posters from the 70's for no logical reason in particular.

I like that we now have at least three Berserk movies directed by Paul Verhoven. :troll:

That is to say, I wouldn't like this in reality. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos

I like it, smoke. looks classy.

since people won't accept that I'm done with this failed poster, I've updated it.
Its still not done:

poster_failed2.jpg

Lots of work left to do...

The only problem I see is the tire tracks in lower mid-section, otherwise looks promising and cool :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos

vlad said:
The only problem I see is the tire tracks in lower mid-section, otherwise looks promising and cool :guts:

yea that bugged me too. I edited it out and added a reflection of the tree in there. More to do but that was a quick thing to get done.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

vlad said:
Looks like wagon tracks to me. Keep going CnC, this one shows a lot of promise.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Walter said:
Keep going CnC, this one shows a lot of promise.

oh, ok...

I realize there are fewer bodies on the trees but the tree I picked is too different from the one in the manga and having them hang on all the branches made them look like x-mas tree ornaments. So I just kept the bodies I had but fixed the lighting on them.
so, unless its got some serious issues, I'm just callin' it as done. cheers:

berserk_tree.jpg

S

smoke

Looks pretty well done. I think the bodies look kind of small, but I don't want to dredge up the relative-scale discussion again.

Good work.

Griffith

CnC said:
I realize there are fewer bodies on the trees but the tree I picked is too different from the one in the manga and having them hang on all the branches made them look like x-mas tree ornaments.

Maybe if yuo scaled teh background they might not look like ornaments! :troll:

Just kidding, cool work CnC. It's probably the most unique poster in the thread. Much more grounded and less fantastical, a whole different approach. Not what I expected. Reminds me of Silence of the Lambs (probably because Sparn and I were talking about it last week); a kind of subtle straight-forward approach with a realistic background, so to speak.

It's certainly the most "organic" feeling to me. I'd love to see you mess with it some more, but you sound like you've already abandoned it. =)

Anyway, I was thinking of consolidating all the posters submitted into the first post so they don't seem lost in the bowels of the thread (they'd still remain in their original spots as well, but they'd also all be in the front for easy viewing, seperated with credits). Tell me what you guys think of this idea.

Oh, and keep the posters coming, I've got another one on the way later in the week myself.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

CnC said:
oh, ok...

I realize there are fewer bodies on the trees but the tree I picked is too different from the one in the manga and having them hang on all the branches made them look like x-mas tree ornaments. So I just kept the bodies I had but fixed the lighting on them.
so, unless its got some serious issues, I'm just callin' it as done. cheers:

This is crap! You said not more then a few days ago that it would be coming out in 2007! Now your saying 2008!?! Screw you! I'm going to download this movie when it comes out! :puck:

Top Bottom