Post Wacky Images

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
stench-cholera.jpg

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
ive been asking myself this question for a long time,

who do you think would win in a fight? a gorilla or a bear?
3972_image2_western_gorilla_MWatson.jpg
vs
675~Grizzly-Bear-Posters.jpg

I have asked people before, and its always about 50/50. i still think a gorilla would win.

donkey_kong_64.jpg
vs
banjok.jpg

in this fight too.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'll go further and say it's not even a contest. Gorillas don't get much bigger than people (5-6', 300-400lbs), while it's not uncommon for different bear species to reach 10' and 1,500lbs, not to mention bears have built-in weapons, their claws and teeth, that are specifically meant for fighting/killing, while Gorillas are gentler herbivores. So, assuming they'd even fight, if you put the meanest, strongest gorilla against the biggest, baddest bear the gorilla would be totally outclassed.

Truder this is the best post I've ever seen in my life and I am not kidding. I googled the shit out of "bear vs. gorilla" for about 20 minutes and here's what I found: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80746154/

I personally think a gorilla would win, because it can punch. If it punches the FACE of the bear with maximum power, it's over. So what they're gentle herbivores? They can punch in the face.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Eluvei said:
Truder this is the best post I've ever seen in my life and I am not kidding. I googled the shit out of "bear vs. gorilla" for about 20 minutes and here's what I found: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80746154/

I personally think a gorilla would win, because it can punch. If it punches the FACE of the bear with maximum power, it's over. So what they're gentle herbivores? They can punch in the face.

Gorillas aren't just going to start pulling off mma moves dude. Bears.

I agree with Aaz. Polar Bear.
The environment would be pretty important. Also, one should keep in mind that a Silver-back Gorilla weighs around 400 lbs. Brown bears weigh at least twice as much. A kodiak, ranges from 1000-1500. The polar bear is also in that weight range.

Griffith

Eluvei said:

No, you think a gorilla could win under a very specific circumstance, big difference. The circumstance being the gorilla somehow landing a knockout punch (like a boxer!? too bad the bear, and probably even the gorilla, isn't playing by those rules) before its ripped apart by something twice its size and over three times its weight. Bears may not specifically punch, but they can hit just as hard if not harder and instead of having to hit perfectly, their claws would do serious and potentially fatal damage even with glancing blows. Plus, once the bear gets inside, which could be instantly, its over.

I'm supposed to be writing a research paper, not researching bears and gorillas. :ganishka:

What about their speed? I think a gorilla is probably faster than a big fat bear. I think he'd probably land the first blow and knock him out like a boxer, yes sir. Or throw a 6-feet log at him. Gorillas can throw things.

Plus bears are assholes. You people shouldn't cheer for them.

Griffith

Eluvei said:
What about their speed? I think a gorilla is probably faster than a big fat bear. I think he'd probably land the first blow and knock him out like a boxer, yes sir. Or throw a 6-feet log at him. Gorillas can throw things.

Plus bears are assholes. You people shouldn't cheer for them.

I feel obnoxiously obligated to be pro-bear as I am now a Bruin, so on that note and because Aaz covered the technical side, a poetic anecdote on the speed of the majestic grizzly bear:

Ernest Thompson Seton, in his "Lives of Game Animals," has the following to say regarding the speed of the grizzly.

"Swift too, is he, in amazing measure for his build. Those who form their idea of a bear's speed from watching a hulking, slouching prisoner, are sure to be amazed at the real thing. For 50 or 100 yards a Grizzly can go faster than any horse, and keep it up indefinitely. It is well known that in the spring of the year, the Indian ponies that have wintered out and are poor, very commonly become the prey of the Grizzly, who can now catch them on the open plain. Townsend tells of a wounded Grizzly that pursued closely a man on horseback for half a mile, snapping at the horse's heels, and apparently would have captured the object of his wrath but for a timely volley from the man's comrades.

So beautiful. :judo:

Fine then, if you're gonna drop all numbers in the world and poetry that prove that bears are magnificent, I can't argue :mozgus:. If I become an eccentric billionare or a zoo keeper I'll make sure to prepare the fight and invite all of you to watch the bear getting punched in the face.

And Pooh, I'm sorry. I didn't really mean that. Not all bears are assholes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
If I become an eccentric billionare or a zoo keeper I'll make sure to prepare the fight and invite all of you to watch the bear getting punched in the face.
Lol, this made my day. Well, that and this: http://i56.tinypic.com/35hq05t.jpg

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
i still think a gorilla would grab the bear with his mighty thumb-enabled hands, and bite into its nose or something.
funny_gorilla_627995.jpg

team gorilla all the way.

Griffith

Truder said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA3AZ59Zk_I&feature=related
old video but related

I remember that. Here's another pertinent video, the battle continues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwRNiVJl15E
Geez, don't you think the Gorilla's retaliation was a bit much? Basically murder. :ganishka:

Top Bottom