Anyone playing WoW?

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
So, I'm curious if anyone else here is paying WoW and on which realm? :serpico:

And which sword would you say resembles the Dragonslayer most? I definitely vote for Ashkandi, it basically has Dragonslayer written all over it. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
I wish I was... but I have a marriage to think of :puck:

lol.

I think WoW is the first game I think I've avoided solely on the reason that I know I'd be addicted to it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Chiba said:
So, I'm curious if anyone else here is paying WoW and on which realm? :serpico:

And which sword would you say resembles the Dragonslayer most? I definitely vote for Ashkandi, it basically has Dragonslayer written all over it. :guts:
I'm currently on Frostmourne horde side. Got's me a 57 hunter... I'm pretty decent/above average at PvP. Also to answer your question I suppose the Blade of the Titans would kinda sorta look like the Dragonslayer but its a much smaller version.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=13043

Also look at my sig for my other main of sorts.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
CnC said:
lol.

I think WoW is the first game I think I've avoided solely on the reason that I know I'd be addicted to it.

Haha, I tried that too, but then a friend convinced me to get it and after playing it for a day I thought "screw it, life's too short to miss something like this". :serpico:

Now I got a warrior, warlock and priest (all 60) on Bronzebeard and I still love it (playing since Feb '05). :guts:

Chiba said:
Haha, I tried that too, but then a friend convinced me to get it and after playing it for a day I thought "screw it, life's too short to miss something like this". :serpico:

Now I got a warrior, warlock and priest (all 60) on Bronzebeard and I still love it (playing since Feb '05). :guts:

Haha. I think it goes the other direction -- Life's too short not to miss it! Plenty of things you'll look back on more pleasantly than wasting a few hundred/thousand hours on WoW.

Actually, I refuse to pay for online games whose sole purpose is to keep you paying those subscription fees. I do play Guild Wars for a few hours every few weeks -- Not a complex game but entertaining enough for a diversion every once in awhile.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I've got Chongo, the adorable lvl 16 paladin. RPG, Cenarion Circle. I'm pretty new to this, and no I don't let myself to play over an hour.

I'm currently on Frostmourne horde side. Got's me a 57 hunter... I'm pretty decent/above average at PvP. Also to answer your question I suppose the Blade of the Titans would kinda sorta look like the Dragonslayer but its a much smaller version.

I'm looking for somebody I know in the PvP section. Too many people take advantage of 1st timers. I can barely stand more than a minute before some punk comes over and rapes my character to shreds. You get the point. Let me know.

On another note: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NNd0LKKHEg&search=Leeroy
I don't know what's funnier, either Leeory or the fact that this people come up with "Survival Percentage".

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Only a Guild Wars player, because I lost two of my friends to the addiction of WoW..

Seriously, one of them I haven't seen for two months (for reasons unknown to me) and the other ONLY talks about WoW, so I sort of have stopped hanging out with him. Frightening how addicted someone can be to a bunch of polygons on a screen.

S

smoke

I've got a couple of characters on my friend's account, but I don't really play that often.

It's pretty good, and kind of addicting, but I'd never get SUCKED IN like a lot of people do.

Well, I'd never forget to eat and die while playing it, anyway.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Nomad said:
I've got Chongo, the adorable lvl 16 paladin. RPG, Cenarion Circle. I'm pretty new to this, and no I don't let myself to play over an hour.

I'm looking for somebody I know in the PvP section. Too many people take advantage of 1st timers. I can barely stand more than a minute before some punk comes over and rapes my character to shreds. You get the point. Let me know.

On another note: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NNd0LKKHEg&search=Leeroy
I don't know what's funnier, either Leeory or the fact that this people come up with "Survival Percentage".

Well with PvP servers.. you will remain unflagged untill you get into hostile territory or neutral territory. So for the first few levels (20'ish or so) you are safe. If you ever want to try the power of the dark side (horde) Come on over to Frostmourne :carcus:

I haven't played World of Warcraft in a while. It's a little depressing thinking about how much time I wasted on that game. But I guess, in all honesty really, I would have been at my computer playing some other game. I lose at life regardless. Whee.  :serpico:

I had an Orc Hunter and quite a few Alliance characters. I think my highest level character was a level 56 Holy/Ret Paladin named Annabelle.

I'll probably start playing more when the expansion comes out though. I have to make a Blood Elf. Have to.  :eek:

Winde, will not succumb to sleep

SaiyajinNoOuji

lady winde said:
I haven't played World of Warcraft in a while. It's a little depressing thinking about how much time I wasted on that game. But I guess, in all honesty really, I would have been at my computer playing some other game. I lose at life regardless. Whee. :serpico:

I had an Orc Hunter and quite a few Alliance characters. I think my highest level character was a level 56 Holy/Ret Paladin named Annabelle.

I'll probably start playing more when the expansion comes out though. I have to make a Blood Elf. Have to. :eek:

Winde, will not succumb to sleep
Play on Frostmourne! :casca:

My hunter is currently a Beastmaster... I love my pet with Beastial Wrath... that plus aimed shot = easy kills! =D

Argh

I am resisting temptation.

Well I guess it can't hurt to have a toon on there with my name saved so when Blood Elves come out I'll have what I want for her...

That was relatively quick. And so terribly sad at the same time.

Winde, weak

edit -

Made a Forsaken priest named Rainelyn. I'll play a little tonight.

SaiyajinNoOuji

lady winde said:
Argh

I am resisting temptation.

Well I guess it can't hurt to have a toon on there with my name saved so when Blood Elves come out I'll have what I want for her...

That was relatively quick. And so terribly sad at the same time.

Winde, weak

edit -

Made a Forsaken priest named Rainelyn. I'll play a little tonight.

Goood.. gooooood... :carcus: My hunters name is Miza... I have a few low level guy's as well so later on I might jump on them to help ya out! (That is if you dont mind)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I remember when I played Diablo II, I could literally feel my soul being drained from my body as I click-click-clicked my way to the most rare and powerful item so that I could continue the cycle at a faster rate the next day. So I'm genuinely curious, for WoW players, what's the biggest incentive to play the game? One of my best friends spends a lot of time on it, and I ... vaguely understand the attraction, but at the end of the day, I like to see what my time invested is getting me.

Is it:
a) Rare item collection (so that you can kill enemies faster, and thus get more rare items)
b) Raids (so you can get rare items without having to kill so many enemies).
c) The comradery among players: does it even exist? I've heard some nasty things...
d) Leveling up
e) For the WoW girlfriends you can buy for a few gold a week.
f) The story :carcus:

A, C, D, and F at the far end.

I like the lore of Warcraft and I like discovering what little bits I can of it through some quests. And with those quests come items. Some worth the stats... some worth the look.

I used to play with a set group of 6. We all had our roles and doing the five man instances were pretty fun. Hunting horde with those guys was a blast. Sucks we all, you know, had stuff to do. Like work or go to school. Bah.

I wish I did play her more. Always wanted Annabelle to reach 60 but at the way it's looking now, she'll probably be another inventory toon... for my Draenei Paladin later on.

SaiyajinNoOuji

For me I do like the camaraderie... I was part of the biggest guild on Frostmourne when it first came about, Tempest was the name, but due to drama the guild master left and a lot of the higher level people went with him. He promoted myself and another player to lead the guild but one day when I logged on, the guild was disbanded. :judo:

I did make some good friends though but they don't seem to play anymore on Frostmourne, I'm just a guildless Orc Hunter who loves to PvP and go against impressive odds. (My claim to fame was kill a group of 4 who were around my same level).

I really do like the PvP server settings since you really do have to watch your back since many of the higher level areas are contested so you never know WHO will be right behind you while you are taking on 2 or 3 enemy mobs. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I remember when I played Diablo II, I could literally feel my soul being drained from my body as I click-click-clicked my way to the most rare and powerful item so that I could continue the cycle at a faster rate the next day.

At this point I've been helpless sucked into both Diablo games and Ultima Online. Diablo 2 and UO got me a few times each. So I know the potential for addiction is there so I have to force myself to stay clear.
UO was great when PVP/PKing was a part of the game. When they made that harder (non-existant) it no longer was any fun. Or at least there was no real risk.

SaiyajinNoOuji

CnC said:
At this point I've been helpless sucked into both Diablo games and Ultima Online. Diablo 2 and UO got me a few times each. So I know the potential for addiction is there so I have to force myself to stay clear.
UO was great when PVP/PKing was a part of the game. When they made that harder (non-existant) it no longer was any fun. Or at least there was no real risk.
Go onto wow... you know you want to :zodd:

I have a 58 Paladin on Spirestone. I've been playing since about January. The reason I'm only getting to 60 just now is because I only play on weekends. However, this schedule works out pretty well. It means that my life isn't getting totally wasted on it, and every weekend I have a shit load of rest xp - making leveling exactly half as tedious as it sometimes is  :serpico:.

As for it's appeal... Well, even though I've never really played a Warcraft game properly, I really like the world and the lore. It's pretty cool having my own hero. I 'spose I also really like collecting those rare items, but not to the extent where I'll farm certain instances religiously for a particular item.

What I don't like about WoW, however, is how I can sometimes spend an entire hour typing '/4 LFG BRD' and get absolutely nowhere. That really pisses me off :guts:.

Can't wait to start raiding. They sound like so much fun.

woo-haa

I'm a llama!
I'm one of those "hardcore" players with several lvl60 characters and rank14 (highest PvP rank). I play on the EU-Ravencrest server with my all-norwegian guild, The Axemen. Regarding the DS, I think that the alliance rank 14 sword is the most similiar.

To answer Walter: I play mostly for my guild now. I became one of the 5 officers there, and I enjoy the social aspect of the game as much as I enjoy the game itself. I started playing WoW right after I moved to a new and mostly unknown town, and I got several friends through the game. We have arranged several get-to-gethers for everybody, and have weekly meetings at my current city. It's really great.

ps: It's funny how it should take a WoW topic to get me out of my lurking status here ^^;

While I wasn't immediately impressed with WoW in the beginning (having no real endgame kind of bothered me, having come from a heavily endgame-oriented MMO), I did play it for a few months... And then this morning I actually resubscribed to the game, LOL. I only have a lvl7 Troll Mage (on Garona server) named Agwe (deleted my other toons, I wanted to start fresh so I wouldn't get bored). :guts:

I absolutely love WC's lore and the WoW world itself! :serpico:

woo-haa

I'm a llama!
Sushi Fish said:
I absolutely love WC's lore and the WoW world itself! :serpico:

I agree. The lore is pretty amazing, and I love reading all the lore topics at the forums. I am on my 5th Warcraft novel right now.

Top Bottom