Episode 275

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hm, so Griffith launched an aerial strike. Well, geez who saw that coming? :guts: But like Aazealh said last episode, the Garuda are a race of creatures, so there are likely more where he came from. Which means it's not necessarily an ace card by Griffith. The battle has indeed become one of Land, Sea, and Air. Miura rules.

And I'm also not so sure Guts is using the lightning rod trick. We'll know in a few days though, so its pointless to speculate.

CnC said:
daiba's gotta be pretty jacked up by now...
Yeah but he still has to escape the battlefield.

S

smoke

This is exciting. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl right now at the prospects of the next episode. Giggle giggle.

You called it Walter...so how did you come up with that one, was it because Daiba is in the air so you wanted to see someone take him down from is flying dino or are you just that good??

CnC

Ad Oculos
sandman said:
You called it Walter...so how did you come up with that one, was it because Daiba is in the air so you wanted to see someone take him down from is flying dino or are you just that good??

you've got a little something on your nose.

CnC said:
you've got a little something on your nose.

When you predict somthing like that you diserve some praise, plus if I would have thought about it more I would have probable been on the same page as Walter... Cause Daiba needs to die, I dont care who kills him but he needs to die.

I wish Serpico could learn how to be one with his air elemental friends so he could fly for long distances but I guess that is a strech.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
sandman said:
You called it Walter...so how did you come up with that one
It's really not that worthy of praise. Miura gave us a hint by calling ep 258 "Homing," a technique birds use to find their way. Remember Griffith mysteriously "homing" on the hillside? Well, now we know what he was up to. That, along with Daiba's talk about the "Land Troops," in ep 243 meant the Kushans had both Sea and Land forces. What's the missing component? Griffith's air forces complete the total war aspect of the Holy War.

As it turns out, Griffith's tactic isn't so unique, since Daiba had the Garuda up his sleeve all along, though we didnt know of them until last ep. :judo: As for how they'll fare against the [likely] more powerful Aerial Apostles, we'll see...

In any case, it's good to see this war really taking off now, after many volumes of buildup (since vol 23 technically).

S

Some Guy

Seeing the aerial apostles will be very interesting, since the only apostle that we've seen that is in Griffith's army that can fly is Zodd, so maybe we'll see him :zodd: Interested to see what the other apostles look like.

Also, judging by Ganishka's face in the preview, I'm thinking Guts may have dodged it, or at least withstood the lightnigh bolt.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Knight o' Skeleton said:
since the only apostle that we've seen that is in Griffith's army that can fly is Zodd,

Didn't we see one with bat wings at the eclipse (at work so I can't check)?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Didn't we see one with bat wings at the eclipse (at work so I can't check)?
There's a lot of flying apostles. They've been under of our noses all along, but like many things in Berserk, it's just that we've never focused on the subject before. I counted at least 7 Apostles with wings in volume 13 alone, and that's just what's visible (they're scattered all around, but check page 109 for the best shot). So, I'm sure there's no shortage of them. Also, don't forget that Rochine could fly, though she's DEAD.

PS: Griffith also has wings (Ep 83: "If so, I want wings.") :griff:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, to be fair, Zodd is basically all we've seen so far in Griff's army as Knight o' Skeleton put it, and yeah, Rochine can't be in the army either for reasons previously discussed. =)

Anyway, this episode keeps sounding better and better on paper, the fucking flying Apostles are coming!? And the total geek in me is looking forward to seeing which one's from the Eclipse Miura might bring back. :carcus:

And jesus, is Guts okay? This episode has TOO much. :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I'm wondering if Gut's and Co will use this time to make a "tactical retreat" and let the 2 demon forces go at it.

They pretty much have to, with Guts fried and Schierke barely conscious and both of them exhausted. Also don't forget for what they came there in the first place. Maybe there'll be an opportunity to finally get onboard a ship and set sail to wherethefuckever Puck leads 'em to. Even though I don't think that's going to happen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Well, to be fair, Zodd is basically all we've seen so far in Griff's army as Knight o' Skeleton put it
Good call, I knew that'd come back to haunt me. I should have clarified: there are several apostles with wings, many of which LIKELY joined Griffith's army along with the rest. :puck:

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Ah, finally back to the plot.
Right, "the plot". Berserk: the story of Guts getting a boat. Way to support the series, dude. Feeling kind of queasy, think I'll go barf and hope the memory of your post comes up with my lunch.

Griffith

I don't think we have to lynch the guy, maybe he just means the plot at large. :carcus:

Speaking of which...

Aazealh said:
275-Griffith-Guts.jpg

Will Aaz's preview become a reality!? :guts:

Heh...Well, I'm really hoping we get some Zodd vs. Ganishka action in this episode, though I really don't think it'll happen...Actually, what I really want to see is Griffith flying in ON Zodd...

Can't wait for the actual episode, anyways.

CnC

Ad Oculos
coolerimmortal said:
Heh...Well, I'm really hoping we get some Zodd vs. Ganishka action in this episode, though I really don't think it'll happen...Actually, what I really want to see is Griffith flying in ON Zodd...

Can't wait for the actual episode, anyways.

cool thought. perhaps a BIT too much to ask for in one episode. this is sure to be rockin'.
A griffith on Zodd to speak with Ganishka would be one hell of a cliffhanger, tho...
:griff:
:zodd:

Griffith

That's not cool, Griffith flying in period would be cool. :carcus:

</// :griff: \\\>​

CnC said:
cool thought. perhaps a BIT too much to ask for in one episode. this is sure to be rockin'.
A griffith on Zodd to speak with Ganishka would be one hell of a cliffhanger, tho...
:griff:
:zodd:

Yes, I suppose it is a bit too much to ask for. Perhaps the first half or so of the episode will be Guts surviving the blast and that situation being resolved, with the other half being the arrival of the Flying Apostles...and on the final page, we see Zodd?

Griffith

Well, I'm not getting my expections too high for this one episode, Miura can only do so much in 20 pages, afterall. =)

Top Bottom