Episode 275

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Jeez jeez.

By plot...I mean direct moving plot at large.

Fighting scenes generally aren't considered direct plotting.
And weve had them for about a volume now, so its nice for a change.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Jeez jeez.

I understand what he's saying, and I somewhat agree.

S

smoke

coolerimmortal said:
I understand what he's saying, and I somewhat agree.

Yeah, and I can kind of agree, but I also disagree. :troll:

I mean, it would be cool to see Elfhelm, but at the same time, it will be so much more rewarding to finally see it if the party goes through hell to get there.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
smoke said:
Yeah, and I can kind of agree, but I also disagree. :troll:

I mean, it would be cool to see Elfhelm, but at the same time, it will be so much more rewarding to finally see it if the party goes through hell to get there.
You don't call what they have been currently going through just to get on the boat hell?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Jeez jeez.

I'm anxious to see the clashing of Griffith and Ganishka too, but you're minimizing the character progress we've already been given. Character development is integral to the progression of the story, and that's what Miura has been providing for the past several volumes. You say "fighting scenes generally aren't considered direct plotting," but Guts' conquering of the Beast with Schierke's help was a major milestone in his maturity. Not to mention how all the cool bits we learned through Daiba's monologues helped us see inside the Kushan perspective.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Jeez jeez.

I see, when you said "back to the plot" you meant "no more fighting". Well, the fights still not officially over but your statement kind of implies the plot was put on hold until the battle's over.
I disagree with that, as I think a lot of the plot hinges on the events of this battle. It isn't filler by any means.

S

smoke

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You don't call what they have been currently going through just to get on the boat hell?

No, no. What they are currently going through is the "hell" I'm referring to. I guess I was speaking from the viewpoint of "if the fight with the Makara/Daiba had never happened."

If this doesn't make sense, it's because i'm tired/drunk.

S

Some Guy

Walter said:
Good call, I knew that'd come back to haunt me. I should have clarified: there are several apostles with wings, many of which LIKELY joined Griffith's army along with the rest. :puck:
Yeah, I sort of meant in Griffith's army, sorry if I caused any confusion.  I forgot about the ones at the Eclipse though, so I agree that they are probably now part of it  too.

Assuming Guts is conscious afterwards, I'm wondering what his reaction will be once he realizes that the Neo-Hawks are in town.  I'm wondering if that may affect his better judgement to retreat as soon as he can.  Will he pick up on what is going on after seeing the apostles attack Ganishka's army?

Also, how long will Ganishka hold out against the counteroffensive?  I'm sure Griffith's army will wind up victorious in the end, but whether or not Ganishka and his goons be able to do a great deal of damage to the apostle army is something I'm not quite sure of.  He seemed to be able to hold his own agains them in Windham, but may be in over his head with this.  And I'm interested to see if they will have any affect on Ganishka's form over the city.

Really looking forward to this :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
smoke said:
No, no. What they are currently going through is the "hell" I'm referring to. I guess I was speaking from the viewpoint of "if the fight with the Makara/Daiba had never happened."

If this doesn't make sense, it's because i'm tired/drunk.
No worries :guts: been there done that! I'm interested in seeing that when they do get on the boat and when they do get in trouble with some giant sea apostle/regular monster. How the fighting style is going to change! They are going to have to be very careful in not destroying their ship!

Other then that though, i'm really curious on how this ship that magnifico, guts, and co are trying to get on, has not been destroyed. I guess its really really tucked away safely from all this death and carange!

EDIT:

Attention all SK shoppers. The latest YA with a berserk episode is in the house. :guts:

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Thx Saiya :) gonna read them now.

Edit: Aerial troops? Oh man, sweet :D though if they're like other birds, Vritanis is gonna smell by sunrise.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I can't really emphasize how awesome this ep is except to say Gutsnishka Vs. the Hawks! :troll:

Art is superb in this episode as well, Ganishka in particular and the invasion shots are gorgeous.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A truly amazing episode that will surely be followed by one of the most legendary translations yet. Ganishka and Guts conversation looks really promising. Guts hasn't talked this much since he knocked Casca up. :guts:

From a really rough and biased glance at the kanji I recognized, it looks like Ganishka recognizes Guts to some extent, even referring to the Band of the Hawk. He also formally noticed the brand this time, calling it its proper name, "Rakuin".

Can't wait to learn more...

I would feel more excited but as most of this is ep develops with what they say to each other, I'll have to get excited over the translation. Also is it me or is the Apostles in the top right corner of page 17 the one who was on the left of the Apostles who held Casca before/as she was raped? I don't know why I remember that Apostles so well but it just stuck in my mind.

Thanks again Aaz & Saiya for the episode.  :serpico:

Dialogue-wise, all I can make out is that Ganishka identifies Guts' brand (after Guts says so or something like that on page 5) and they have a bit of a conversation, Guts and Ganishka. Ganishka flashes his pearly whites while Guts says something about the God Hand a mad dog (himself probably) and concludes his "fuck you" speech to Ganishka by calling him something along the lines of "old man/grampa lightning". All in all, this just proves how shitty my Japanese is.  :troll:

Fucking badass 2 page spread (even if they're not connected) at the end of Zodd tearing dakas apart and Griffith's aerial/insect apostles homing in on Ganishka at the end.

Only have to wait another 2 weeks to see Ganishka fry those fuckers.  :carcus:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Huzzah!! Interesting episode what with all the stuff I can't read and all. I look forward to a translation so I can make real sense of the goings on.

Badass Episode :guts:

Thanks alot for the episode, Aaz and Saiya

As usual the last page show the unfazed look of Ganishka face... perhaps amid those battle with the apostle that Guts may try to escape... :SK:

Jhot obs said:
Only have to wait another 2 weeks to see Ganishka fry those fuckers. :carcus:

Episode 276: Invasion of the fried army

Uhahaha :guts:
That's gotta be one of the best of episodes in some time! Dont know why but it worked for me.

Fear :zodd:

EDIT: Thanx for the scans :casca:

Really good episode but like a lot of us I can't wait for a translation now!
Like Griffith No More said I find the artwork absolutly beautiful no matter how bad the scan are.
Guts is still in a bad shape nw thanks to Griffith's apostle he won't have to worry for long about Ganishka but the next week episode will be something we won't see before long!
Anyway I find it strange that Griffith dont care about frightening the people of Vritannis sending monster(I mean apostle in their true form)...desperate how they are the citizen of the holy city could see these monsters as "angels" and the pontiff will certainly support this thought...I always thought that he'd take his time to show his true face to the people,guess I was wrong

Top Bottom