FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it as started! The greatest sport event the world as ever seen.
32 national teams, 6 continents and 6 former World Champions.
Anyways here are the Groups

Group A
Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

Group B
England
Paraguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden

Group C
Argentina
Côte d'Ivoire
Serbia and Montenegro
Netherlands

Group D
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

Group E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

Group F
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

Group G
France
Switzerland
Korea Republic
Togo

Group H
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Make your bets the show starts in few hours :serpico:
Go Portugal :D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
My heart says ENGLAND. My head says Brazil :judo:

France drew an easy group though, so they've got a great chance too.

I can't see the US making out of the first round, then again I didn't see them making it to the semi's last cup. As long as they play well and don't embarass themselves like in 94' and 98', I'll be happy.

GO ENGLAND!!!!!

Brazil - well they have the talent and 5 world cups they are clearly doing something right
Germany - u can never count the hosts out they have the home advantage :)
England - YAY!!!! well we probabaly have the strongest midfield in the world, rooney and owens fitness are going to be the only problems. Sven will want a good result too as hes off after the cup... if he wins he will be able to go to any club in the world.
France - shame cisse broke his leg would have been good to see a full strength team althouh Zidane and Henry i hope play well (unless they face england)

As for the other top seeds italy, spain & mexico i dont expect much from them.

I do love the upsets that happen in knockout tournaments so who knows a few big names could go out in the group stage lets hope England isnt one of them :D

S

smoke

I don't really follow soccer. How does the "group" thing work?

And the USA will win because we're God's favorite country. :troll:

smoke said:

And the USA will win because we're God's favorite country. :troll:
Yeah keep telling your self that as you are destroyed, O and GO ENGLAND!!!!

"Fédération Internationale de Football Association" just saying

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well America is odd like that. Everyone else call's it football, we call it soccer.

Don't worry Smoke, your not alone. I don't follow soccer at all. Personaly, I highly dislike the sport, but literally every one I know absolutely love it.. :chomp:

smoke said:

there is the 1st round which are groups :) 4 teams in a group every team plays the other 3 once and the scoring for football... 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw & 0 for a loss. the 2 teams with the highest points go through to the 2nd round which is knockout.

brinco said:
I'd like to mention that Argentina it's going to make it, at least, to semi-finals.

Argentina have a decent team but they are short fat coke sniffing cheats.
Hand_of_God_goal.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
wonderland reject said:
"Fédération Internationale de Football Association"

What are you guys talking about, the Football season doesn't start until September! And which one of these wonky divisions are the 49ers and Cowboys supposed to be in, anyway!? What's going on here? :???:

And BTW, they play for the Lombardi Trophy, not the Stanley Cup! That's Hockey, guys. :schierke:

Cracking start to the tournie!

I adopt the Dutch as my team, pretenders to the throne in all major tournaments!

States will do very, very, very well to get out of their Group. I can't see it myself...

I'm picking the Argies for the title.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Here here! Although Japan kinda got screwed by getting picked to be in the same bracket as Brazil :judo:

But Croatia has some injuried players and Australia is kinda.. *sucky* lol
Besides Japan has evolved a lot since WC 2002 and i hope they do a good campaign. We gotta support the "little guy" too :serpico:

Lol yeah I'm English so we always cheer on the under dog, remember Middlesbrough support for North Koreans. Also Japan were great host of the 2002 WC and is Goldenballs(David Beckham) still popular over there?

S

smoke

We should just bomb all the countries in our group. If we can't beat them in soccer, we should humble them somehow, right?

ENGLAND!! ENGLAND!! We won are first match(off to drink)
smoke said:
We should just bomb all the countries in our group. If we can't beat them in soccer, we should humble them somehow, right?
Woow you're so unbelievably stereotypically American.....

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
smoke said:

you should have also put "drop off food after wards and take their oil"....hehe... damn that bush....

any who, GO MEXICO!!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
wonderland reject said:
I know but as a joke it's still a unbelievably stereotypically thing to say, it just fails in its self.

What's your excuse? :carcus:

CnC said:
it was a joke, its hilaroius.  move on.

You don't get it CnC, it wouldn't be the glory of nations closing the shops, ending the wars, and coming together to riot over a 1-1 tie if we didn't insult each other and our nationalities. Isn't that the beauty of it all?

Plus, my earlier troll failed. I'll have my revenge! :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
You don't get it CnC, it wouldn't be the glory of nations closing the shops, ending the wars, and coming together to riot over a 1-1 tie if we didn't insult each other and our nationalities. Isn't that the beauty of it all?

Plus, my earlier troll failed. I'll have my revenge! :troll:

what a stereotypically "Griffith no more" thing for you to say, griff.

...NOT cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom