FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
wonderland reject said:
I know but as a joke it's still a unbelievably stereotypically thing to say, it just fails in its self.

Want to know what else is very stereotypical? Other nationalities banging on the US all the time. I'd rather live in US of A then in a third world country like South Africa or something. :troll:

...okay, so I failed.

Anyways getting back on topic, I saw a commercial this morning about FIFA, more specificly Germany's match. Haven't the slightest clue who they are up against though. Just curious, how long has the FIFA been around for? I know football/soccer is getting to be incredibly popular, just don't really know how long it's been considered a major sport.

FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) - founded 1904 - governs world football

UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) - founded 1954 - governs european football

FA (Football Association) - founded 1863- in charge of all english football

as for todays matches...

England 1 v 0 Paraguay
we played poorly and the ref made some shocking decisions

Sweden 0 v 0 Trinidad & Tobago
average match... a draw sums it up

Argentina 2 v 1 Ivory Coast
good match although i want holland to qualify they may have problems beating the ivory coast after the way they played agaisnt argentina

zooty said:
as for todays matches...

England 1 v 0 Paraguay
we played poorly and the ref made some shocking decisions

Sweden 0 v 0 Trinidad & Tobago
average match... a draw sums it up

Argentina 2 v 1 Ivory Coast
good match although i want holland to qualify they may have problems beating the ivory coast after the way they played agaisnt argentina

England were largely uninspiring, unbalanced, and out of sorts. The usual under Sven then. Will probably get bundled out in the 1/4's, again. Terrible match, easily the worst spectacle of the night.

T&T on the other hand were tremendous. Against all odds they held on for a point, when most, including myself, thought Sweden would roll them with ease.

Argies/IC - good to watch. Best Group this one, well worth the sleep deprivation!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
w00t said:
And they call it football.

I think soccer is more apt as a name though, as to not confuse it with real football.

See guys? That's how you troll.

Aazealh said:
I think soccer is more apt as a name though, as to not confuse it with real football.

"real" football. Where guys like this can make a great living:

siragusa.jpg

God Bless America :chomp:

Aazealh said:
Nice :troll: you got there, but I was hoping for something along the line of the MLS being the World Series or what have you :chomp:. Do get the feeling that not many are falling for it though.
Anyway, its shaping up to be a good tournament, let's see how well the Brazilians do against Croatia, then the picture will be a bit clearer.

zooty said:
Argentina have a decent team but they are short fat coke sniffing cheats.

Late answer: Probably, but he's the best football player of all time (Pelé aside). And the goal after the God Hand :void: goal worth like 2 goals.

Anyway, I'm not even Argentinean, I just didn't want to say Brazil Champion.

As for today's round:

Holland 1 - 0 Serbia Montenegro
(Didnt saw this one)

Mexico 3 - 1 Iran
(Good match. Mexico did what they were supposed to do)

Portugal 1 - 0 Angola
(Crappy match. Made sleepy. Portugal is very weak at this point. I hope we improve. Knowing that most of Angola's players play in Portugal's 2nd Division :troll:)

-------
Football is and as always been the most popular game in the whole world (except USA)

fuxberg said:
As for today's round:

Holland 1 - 0 Serbia Montenegro
(Didnt saw this one)

Dutch dominated possession (as they do), and deserved the win. They're always good to watch.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You're just jealous. :casca:

You know what? I am! That bastard helped knock the Raiders out of the 2001 AFC title game. I was gutted. He's got a ring, I don't... :judo:

Well, Japan came close... Up until the end... 3:1. Aussies. :judo:

I'm hoping Germany or U.S. will win but lets face it, we all know it's going to be Brazil, LOL. :guts:

Spirit of Ukko

Eclipse darkened the horizon
Tomorrow France and Brasil will play (not against but i'd like to see that). Those games are must-see (at least second half).

The Checs, France, England and Brazil are the great candidates for me..
England has the best defenders (Ashley Cole, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand) and the best midfielders (Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Joe Cole, Beckham) and in the front Rooney.. I'd bet in England to win this one..
Portuguese players are very tired.. Little f*ckers :puck:

What the heck.. GO BRASIL!!!!! :guts:

fuxberg said:
The Checs, France, England and Brazil are the great candidates for me..
England has the best defenders (Ashley Cole, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand) and the best midfielders (Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Joe Cole, Beckham) and in the front Rooney.. I'd bet in England to win this one..
Portuguese players are very tired.. Little f*ckers :puck:

I see the Argies and Italy as greater threats to Brazil than the Czechs, French or English. You have to be joking to think England has the best defence in the world. Terry is excellent, Cole is unfit, Neville and Ferdinand are prone to howlers. Give me the Italian defence anyday. The English midfield is also unbalanced - wonderful players, but they have yet to gel. Oh, and Scholes retired from International football almost 2 years ago! :casca:

Italy and the Czechs rolled today. States ranked 5th in the World is a joke. The only decent side they play regularly is Mexico, and that showed today. They were hammered.

You just owned me back there.. That Scholes thing.. Erm.. lol
But the english team is very very good.. Argentina aint gonna do notin'
An Italy.. Bah.. I cant see them passing the quarter-finals..

fuxberg said:
You just owned me back there.. That Scholes thing.. Erm.. lol
But the english team is very very good.. Argentina aint gonna do notin'
An Italy.. Bah.. I cant see them passing the quarter-finals..

Argentina have a better team than England, and I expect them to go further. Italy will need to win their group to avoid Brazil next up. The Czech/Italy game is huge!

It's all speculation though. England do have an easier draw than both Italy and Argentina, so you never know. I just think under Sven they play too conservatively - they've got the players to have a good run at the Cup - but I can't see them winning it.

USA isn't going anywhere...it was painful to watch that game today.
Italy played okay, I guess.
Like someone said before, Brazil's gonna win it, they're favored.
And I had no clue, this was Australia's FIRST time in the World Cup?! I say good for them...even tho they beat the Japan :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
USA isn't going anywhere...it was painful to watch that game today.

Don't worry, we're taking drastic measures for the next match...

patsvssoccer4gv.jpg

Time to take it to them the AMERICAN WAY! USA! USA! :troll:

"And the Americans win, 56 to 3!" In any case, I'm sure we'll give up at least 3 points. =)

You'll be OK as long as Adam Vinatieri's (sure hope his name doesn't come up on my next Spelling B) helmet is ringing: Under the bar, under the bar...
Fifa World Cup Episode 06: The troll wars.
:guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that was a hard win for Korea. They were completely dominated during the first half and admittedly didn't play very well, but Togo just lost it after that while Korea found some motivation. They were still pretty dangerous in the second half though, even at 10 against 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom