FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Just got done watchin France and Sweden 0-0. Few close calls. Sorry Aaz. :judo:

Didn't even watch it so don't worry. I don't care much about football.

EDIT: And yeah, Switzerland man.

It seems France is going to be a disapointment.. Very bad start.
Brazil played their game against Croatia (1 - 0) and started this World Cup easy..
Hmm.. All is open for every team.. Hope this WC edition will be more exciting than WC 2002 :puck:

asmer said:
It wasn't exactly Sweden, but Switzerland.................
Pretty boring game...
:schierke:

They know each other inside out, a draw was always on the cards. Most pundits picked exactly that.

Hope this WC edition will be more exciting than WC 2002 :puck:

Some cracking goals so far. I'm loving it. No big upsets yet, but it's early days.

Spain 4 - 0 Ucraine

Muahah! A team was crushed at last :beast:
I think this was the big game of the day. Germany will very probably win.. Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia... I didnt even bother watch lmao

GO ON ENGLAND!

England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

England deserved the win it took them some time but they were all over t&t for 90 mins... im glad Gerrard scored i think hes gonna win us the cup.... imo hes in leauge with Pele, Maradona & Eusebio

zooty said:
GO ON ENGLAND!

England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

England deserved the win it took them some time but they were all over t&t for 90 mins... im glad Gerrard scored i think hes gonna win us the cup.... imo hes in leauge with Pele, Maradona & Eusebio

You've got to be kidding? Gerrard is a world class player, but he's not even close to being mentioned amongst those 3.

Zidane is the best midfielder of his generation. Now he's fading, I'm hoping Gerrard will continue his form and claim that title. I've been a Liverpool fan for 20 years, so I'd love nothing more than Gerrard to be considered a great, but he's a long, long way off that.

Congrats on England making it to the last 16. They looked alot better, but still a ways to go.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I don't follow this at all and even I could tell zooty was a fan full of BS here.

I THINK HE'S GONNA WIN THE CUP, CURE CANCER, AND SAVE THE WORLD FOR ENGLAND, OH, AND HE'S BETTER AT HIS SPORT THAN BABE RUTH AND MJ PUT TOGETHER! At least he has a 1 in 32 chance at the first one. =)

Though, I kind of hope England wins now just to prove zootsuit right. :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Gerrard.... like Pele? Okay, zooty, I'm an Englishman and even I think that's fucking ridiculous.... lol?

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
Serbia & Montenegro v. Argentina just finished... Was that stadium a slaughterhouse or what? I knew Argentina was a powerhouse, but that wasn't even really a game.

Iscariot said:
Serbia & Montenegro v. Argentina just finished... Was that stadium a slaughterhouse or what? I knew Argentina was a powerhouse, but that wasn't even really a game.

That was such an awesome game. 6-0! Incredible! I felt bad for Serbia and Montenegro though... I mean, it's one thing to lose, it's another to get blown away, lol. :judo:

fuxberg said:
But the english team is very very good.. Argentina aint gonna do notin'

Be honest now, fuxberg. Who looks the better side? :casca:

My pick for the tournie are looking sharp :guts:

Still, I cheer for the Dutch, and hope they beat 'em! What a match that is going to be.

fuxberg said:
Im telling you Argentina aint gonna do nothing.
Im more afraid of England than that bunch..

I hope Ecuador atleast knab a draw against Germany, then we'll see how England goes against their old foes. :carcus:

fuxberg said:
Tomorrow Portugal vs Iran
GO PORTUGAL :beast:

Best of luck. You shouldn't need it though, Portugal are in the weakest Group and should top it with ease.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
w00t said:
Still, I cheer for the Dutch, and hope they beat 'em! What a match that is going to be.

I hope they get crushed. Their match against the Ivory Coast was a shame really, they shouldn't have won.

Portugal is on the next phase, now we have to win (or lose) the match against Mexico, it depends on the Holand vs Argentina match ^^
Ghana add a little more emotion to the Group and USA was quite a surprise on Italy.. Haha
I guess the little teams like Ghana and USA are performing so well because they are in better physical condition than the other players.. The other players play in more competitive leagues (Seria A, Premiership, La Liga, etc..)
Brasil didnt do a convincing exibition against Australia but got away with an 2 - 0 win.. Superstars usally win :beast:

Brazil was awful. Ronaldinho stepped on the ball and fell? Ronaldo missed the ball? If they classified, it's because they are in an easy group. Australia played much better IMHO (or at least above my expectations). If Brazil doesn't wake up soon, the hex-championship (not sure of the term) is just a dream.

Well France were pathetic again. Too old and too slow. I didn't rate them before the start of the tournament, and I've seen nothing to suggest they can win this.

Brazil are still favoured with most bookies to win it, with the Argies 2nd.

Germany, England, Spain and then Italy next in line.

Dutch are too young, Czechs aren't good enough. Portugal never fire when it matters.

The Poms play the worse football of the top 6. Boring, Boring Ingerland. God, I hope they don't win.

Who are the Pomps?
Anyways i didnt watch the games today.. I have to study a lot.. Maths final exam is close and i HAVE to pass.. Im in hibernation lol

Griffith

Yeah, I didn't watch them today either, or ever; it's worth mentioning. Anyway, awesome soccer vids: :troll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-E6weZIdG8

I don't think The Simpsons was good still at this point, but I'll allow it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do5xlE9C_A&search=italian%20soccer

Yep, soccer.

I love that Simpsons one.

But players are fined now for diving. Hardly hurts their pockets, but it's a start.

Oh, and there's been more diving in the NBA Finals than the World Cup......

None better in any code:

divac_5947.jpg

Poor, Vlade. Have they caught that sniper who has been hounding him? :judo:

fuxberg said:
Who are the Pomps?
Anyways i didnt watch the games today.. I have to study a lot.. Maths final exam is close and i HAVE to pass.. Im in hibernation lol

Poms is a slang term for the English used by Kiwis and Aussies.

Good luck with you exam!

Griffith

w00t said:
Oh, and there's been more diving in the NBA Finals than the World Cup......

Yeah, thanks European influence. =)

And yes, Vlade will always be the flop King.

Anyway, and I know we're getting our threads crossed, but is Dirk going to show up in this series? He hit a sweet clutch shot the other night (negated by Wade's freak throws), but other than that and game 3, if not for his own free throw shooting (except the two that counted most in games 3 and 5), he'd be a total non-factor in this series when he was supposed to be the best player in it. I wanted a German MVP, and now even if the Mavs win, Dirk isn't a slam dunk (granted, if they do win, he'll likely need to play better). :judo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom