FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my years of bettering myself by watching countless hours of sport on the couch, one thing remains true to this day, as it was when I was knee high to a grasshopper – Never, ever rule the Krauts out of any sport.

Dirk – Finals MVP, and Mavs in 7! Get mad, Dirk, be aggressive! :zodd:

Now the seamless transition back to football……how ‘bout those Krauts? Not bad, not bad at all.

Argies vs the Dutch on tomorrow. Should be a goodin’

Great game today.. Sweden 2 - 2 England
Awesome goals on the English side..
Tomorrow Argentina vs Holland and Portugal vs Mexico will decide the next phase for these four teams..

fuxberg said:
Tomorrow Argentina vs Holland and Portugal vs Mexico will decide the next phase for these four teams..

No surprises there. I picked both results. Argies and the Dutch just went through the motions (not risking players on a yellow for the most part), but I was hoping the Dutch would gun for it a bit more. Portugal up next for them, and that's an even money bet for mind.

Ivory Coast vs S+M looked a cracking match. I'll have to check it out tonight, but great to see IC get a win.

The best coach is José Mourinho.. Not that dickheaded Felipão..
Fuck Scolari, i hate the guy.. Leaving Quaresma out of the squad..

Tj-Sama

--Vicious Smile--
Today: Italy vs Czech, I haven't seen Italy play yet... but from what I heard they're pretty good.

Anyone watch yesterdays game?

fuxberg said:
The best coach is José Mourinho.. Not that dickheaded Felipão..
Fuck Scolari, i hate the guy.. Leaving Quaresma out of the squad..

Harsh...... :troll:

I think Lethe was meaning at the World Cup, who is the best manager? I'd still opt for Hiddink myself, but Scolari is an excellent manager whether you like him or not. :casca:

And there is no bigger dickhead than Mourinho in World Football. The guy has no class, and I even know Chelsea fans who are embarrassed by his antics and arrogance. Brilliant manager he might be, but he's a complete and utter twat.

Tj-Sama said:
Today: Italy vs Czech, I haven't seen Italy play yet... but from what I heard they're pretty good.

Anyone watch yesterdays game?

Italy looked like Italy :guts:

Strong as always, they very rarely falter at World Cups.

w00t said:
Harsh...... :troll:

I think Lethe was meaning at the World Cup, who is the best manager? I'd still opt for Hiddink myself, but Scolari is an excellent manager whether you like him or not.  :casca:

Yes  :casca:

I did pick Portugal in my tipping comp. They deserved it, more cutting edge upfront.

Plenty of spite in the match! When you've got an overly physical side like Portugal vs divers like the Dutch it's always going to turn nasty :guts:

Well done, fuxberg! England up next, I wish you well, but with key players red carded it's going to be tough! Bloody Poms have had it easy so far, make them pay damnit!

I'm so juiced after that match! :troll:

Figo could be out as well. If he was booked for dissent, then FIFA can look at the tapes and see his headbutt, then he'd be suspended for sure! England might get a semi-final spot by default...

What a mess.

w00t said:
I did pick Portugal in my tipping comp. They deserved it, more cutting edge upfront.

Plenty of spite in the match! When you've got an overly physical side like Portugal vs divers like the Dutch it's always going to turn nasty :guts:

Well done, fuxberg! England up next, I wish you well, but with key players red carded it's going to be tough! Bloody Poms have had it easy so far, make them pay damnit!

I'm so juiced after that match! :troll:

Figo could be out as well. If he was booked for dissent, then FIFA can look at the tapes and see his headbutt, then he'd be suspended for sure! England might get a semi-final spot by default...

What a mess.

Damn i was so pumped up with that game i even broke my head and didnt feel a thing.. lol
If that happens to Figo, FIFA will have to relief Deco of the suspension...
I mean.. What the hell was that? The second yellow card to Deco was so fu*king stupid.. Pissed everybody off! Grrr.. Damned Russian..
The ref sucked ass :miura:

Aazealh said:
Looks like the old Frenchies aren't so tired that they'd lose to Spain. :badbone:

Well Done the French!

But it's Spain! The biggest under-achievers in the history of International football. They choke more than Nick Anderson at the free-throw line.

Still, Frenchies vs Brazil is a mouth-watering match. Brazil play at a tempo the French haven't encountered yet, but you never know......maybe I ruled out the French too early? Zidane was Zidane today - great to see the man in full flight.

fuxberg said:
Damn i was so pumped up with that game i even broke my head and didnt feel a thing.. lol
If that happens to Figo, FIFA will have to relief Deco of the suspension...
I mean.. What the hell was that? The second yellow card to Deco was so fu*king stupid.. Pissed everybody off! Grrr.. Damned Russian..
The ref sucked ass :miura:

How did you break your head? :guts:

I was so tired after the match I didn't realise I had my jersey on backwards for most of the day. Now I'm glad there's a half-decent break before the 1/4's so I can catch up on some sleep.

I was running and jumping with joy and bumped my forehead in a door.. Lol
<- Idiot :troll:

Good game France, i knew it hehehe.
I hope we can beat the living crap of England so they will shut the fuck up.
Im the angry rambling Portuguese.

Best of luck against England, fuxberg. I hope you carve 'em up!

Gutted for Argentina. But as soon as it went to penalties NO ONE in the room I was watching the game with thought the Argies had a chance. The Germans are born to take spot-kicks. :judo:

Italy/Germany should be one hell of a match.

Don't mind who wins b/t France and Brazil. It should be a stormer!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
w00t said:
Don't mind who wins b/t France and Brazil. It should be a stormer!

Maybe next time Ronaldo will cut down the paella diet before the World Cup. :troll: But seriously, this was a great match. Portugal/England wasn't very satisfying to me, what with the red card and the messy second half. Still, congrats fuxberg.

Aazealh said:
Maybe next time Ronaldo will cut down the paella diet before the World Cup. :troll: But seriously, this was a great match. Portugal/England wasn't very satisfying to me, what with the red card and the messy second half. Still, congrats fuxberg.

Zidane, Viera and Makelele running the midfield like the good old days. They gave Brazil nothing.

Clinical effort by the Frenchies today. I will be cheering for Portugal though, and maybe if they win, fuxberg, you might change your opinion on Scolari? :casca:

England are cack - have been all tournament. I need Italy to win for my tipping comp - I've picked them for the title, but had the real money on Argentina :judo:

Ah well gerrard didnt win us the cup lol but at least I get to annoy my scouser boss by reminding him 1 was sent off and the other 2 missed penalties.

Now onto the tennis! where murry just beat roddick... I wont go into my views on boris becker although if anyone wants to join my cult dedicated to him.... ;)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
*crestfallen for England* My home country bit the bullet... gah, I knew I shouldn't have watched it :judo: Still, France did Brazil for a number -- so at least a European team is guaranteed to win. I'm going to be waving the German flag for the rest of the competition, though. Sorry, Aaz-man :griff:

Uahaha! Fear us :beast:
I almost had an heart attack during the penalty kicks.. Ricardo's the man! Whooo!
I didnt understand Rooney's red card but i think it was because he pushed C.Ronaldo right in front of the ref..
Eusebio as been avenged.. See 1966 WC.
Now we'll have revenge for Euro 2000 semi-final that Portugal lost to France due to a dubious penalty..

GO PORTUGAL!

fuxberg, can´t see why u hate Scholari so much..
People turned against him when he put Vitor Baia on the bench, and now...

Ricardo's the man! Whooo!

Ricardo owned England. Who trusted him ?

We had the best players of the world. And our coach let ALL OF THEM ON THE BENCH..
Ronaldo, Rob Carlos, Cafu, Emerson, Ze Roberto...all fakes living under their own shadow. Ronaldinho to me is still a top, but no one told Parreira that he´s an ATTACKER, ... well.. we´re missing Felipão Scholari A LOT.

Anyway, fuxberg many (millions) here will be trusting the only Portuguese-speaking country now on semifinals..

Se o Brasil já se fudeu,
agora é Portugal até o final !
boa sorte :beast:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom