FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
tokken_brz said:
Se o Brasil já se fudeu,
agora é Portugal até o final !
boa sorte :beast:

A brazilian here? Tasse bem amigão? :serpico:
Well i dont like Scolari even if he wins the WC.. I cant forgive the man for leaving Quaresma, Baía, Moutinho and Miguelito out of the squad.. Even Joao Pinto should be there! LOL
Yes, because we dont have a "real" sub for Deco.. Who by the way is one of the greatest number 10 i've ever seen..
Against France.. It's gonna be though cuz they're with a high morale and have a very experienced team.. But if Ricardo Carvalho covers every move of Henry we might have a chance. Hehe
Go Portugal! Portugal vs Germany in the final! Crush'em all!! :chomp:

What a match! Italy wins!

Now all they need to do is beat France in the final. Right, fuxberg? :casca:

Great match today, wonderful football, and the ref was superb. Cannavaro and Pirlo were outstanding.

I had Italy to win 1-0 though. Del Piero!!! :puck:

Aazealh said:
There are way more Brazilian members than Portuguese ones registered on this forum, FYI.

I did not know that.
w00t said:
What a match! Italy wins!

Now all they need to do is beat France in the final. Right, fuxberg? :casca:

Portugal is going to win this.. "I believeee!" :puck:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You guys aren't going to believe this, but I actually saw a goal scored LIVE on TV today!!! And it was the Spanish language broadcast too, not ESPN. =)

It was the second one BTW; anyway, go my Italian brothers! I love the World Cup! :troll:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Yeah, next time maybe. :casca:

Get your white flags ready, cause us Italians are going to kill you froggies!!! :miura:

And if Italy loses I'll murder/suicide my family! :judo:

P.S. Good luck in the 3rd place game, Portugal. You'll probably never get this close again. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Get your white flags ready, cause us Italians are going to kill you froggies!!! :miura:

And if Italy loses I'll murder/suicide my family! :judo:

FUK U FACIST FAG. :puck: I've already maimed my wife because she disturbed me during the match (asked me if I was hungry, geez), and I won't hesitate to cross border and come to gut you if we win or if we lose or if anything happens. :griff: Then I'll blow myself up along with the French team, going out in a blaze of glory. :badbone:

Hard luck, fuxberg. Scolari's system isn't made for catch-up football. Great run nonetheless.

Now it's time for the Azzurri to punish those Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!

Forza Italia!!! :puck:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I want the French to win this one. Sorry for anyone who supports Italy... but you're the reason every European football team dives half way across the pitch when they're looked at :miura: Viva la France!

God damn it..
A f*cking penalty.. AGAIN?!
The closest we can get? You are a funny man.. We've been in the semi's 2 times.. 66 and now 06 and we were robbed again.. Like in Euro 2000.. :S
We are little in the financial "side" but in football? Haha.. We have the best schools in Europe and the greatest players in terms of future.. So sooner or later we're going to win the "caneco".. I guess will win it with Jose Mourinho.. When that day comes, be afraid but for now enjoy yourselves as you can :chomp:

:. Btw.. Im pissed :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
A f*cking penalty.. AGAIN?!

Hey, you called it. :carcus:

fuxberg said:
We've been in the semi's 2 times.. 66 and now 06

See you in 2046 for the next elimination then. :troll:

fuxberg said:
We have the best schools in Europe and the greatest players in terms of future..

Yeah, they're great actors/stuntmen, I think we can all agree on that. No wonder if they come from the best playacting schools. :troll:

But seriously, I don't want to piss you off by just jeering. Both teams were physically tired and it showed, the match was tensed. It's only a matter of time before you guys win the cup. Keep faith man.

Griffith

fuxberg said:
The closest we can get? You are a funny man.. We've been in the semi's 2 times.. 66 and now 06

See, it apparently IS the closest you can get. =)

BTW, in '30 the USA went to the semi's and got 3rd. So, technically, you guys haven't even placed better than us historically speaking; and we did it first. So save all that pie in the sky pipe-dream crap and pre-bragging for when you actually make a final; I could just as well say the USA is a little light on the "giving a shit" side or we'd win because our best athletes would actually play soccer and maybe somebody would care.

I mean, shit, since we're the best country in the World, I feel it's almost our right to win this silly little tournament anyway. We'll probably turn around win by accident some day, then yawn. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
But seriously, I don't want to piss you off by just jeering.

C'mon, it's fun, and allowing him a safe place to vent his frustration will help him get over the loss. =)

Anyway, don't look at it as a loss, look at just as if your next World Cup match for title contention has been scheduled 1461 days from now. :troll:

GNM im not even going to discuss this with you because you dont know what you're talking about.

Aaz, about the schools we're the best in the world atm.. Holand had the best but now Portugal is the best place to develop young kid's skills..

Anyways i think you're right, the teams we're exaust by the 2nd half.. Figo could barely run.. It's too many games in little time, especially if you had to play the previous game till the penalty kicks.. But nonethless France won and i trully hope France wins the "fruitcup" so that i can say that we lost to the best :troll:

Griffith

fuxberg said:
GNM im not even going to discuss this with you because you dont know what you're talking about.

I'm just like the child pointing out that the emperor is wearing no clothes. =)

Anyway, sorry Mr. Cup expert, but aren't you the one that mentioned "6 former World Champions" in your initial post when there's actually 7? And I don't think idle boasting that your team "is going to win" counts as knowing what you're talking about, either. Anyway, ignore me if it makes you feel better when you have no rebuttal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
meh, the penalty given against portugal wasn't all that dubious, imo.

Nah, it wasn't. Fuxberg was referring to the Euro 2000 and not the recent match anyway, but even then it was legit (5 yellow cards and one red for Portugal... They should have known).

Aazealh said:
Nah, it wasn't. Fuxberg was referring to the Euro 2000 and not the recent match anyway, but even then it was legit (5 yellow cards and one red for Portugal... They should have known).

That was a crazy way to end the match..

So the most meaningless of all meaningless matches is over. Usually provides some goals, and today was no exception. A couple of corkers from Schweinsteiger.

Nice diving by Ronaldo again. The kid has all the talent in the world, such a shame he's a prick.

Now to the real deal.

Go the Azzurri! :SK:

And the Italians win it!!
ZZ didn't get the godbuy I hoped for, he should have at least made the red card mean something, but anyway we say farewell to one of the best so hats off!!

Unfortunately Zidane has had these brain explosions in the past. I've seen him sent off for stamping and headbutts before. One of the greats, but he badly let his side down today.

Not that I cared :guts:

All the French could muster was a blatant dive to get the goal.

Well done the Azzurri!!!

Cannavaro player of the tournament!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
w00t said:
All the French could muster was a blatant dive to get the goal.

The French team dominated the game (especially the second half), don't let yourself get carried away by the end result. In the extra-time the Italian players were so tired they didn't even run after the ball anymore. It's a good victory for the Italians anyway, but luck was on their side... Viera got wounded early, then Henry had to go too at a crucial point. And while the first penalty was generous, another one should have been given later and wasn't. I'd also like to know exactly how awful Materazzi was to deserve a headbutt. Not that it excuses it. Nevertheless, a 5-3 victory on penalties isn't exactly glorious, especially considering the way Trezeguet's shoot missed. I'd have preferred a field goal to end the match, no matter on what side.

Anyhow, congratulazioni Italia. :serpico:

I agree, France dominated, from the 2nd half onwards. But they were hardly threatening upfront. The 2nd penalty you speak of? The Zambrotta incident? Pfffft - no chance of a penalty.

Sides who dominate don't always win. Argentina dominated Germany and were the better side over the 120 minutes, but lost. Portugal were all over France for 60 minutes, but couldn't find a goal.

Good sides make their own luck, Italy held their nerve, and France clearly did not:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Zidane-big.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
w00t said:
I agree, France dominated, from the 2nd half onwards.

Good, I just want it to be clear. And they had more occasions to score than Italy, once again especially toward the end. Not that it matters, what's done is done.

w00t said:
The 2nd penalty you speak of? The Zambrotta incident? Pfffft - no chance of a penalty.

Sorry dude but the video replays don't lie. I don't remember exactly when it occurred because I watched the match while working but it was clearly valid to me with the replay. I can just tell you Malouda was involved. Then there are all the hand controls that weren't noticed either... This stuff happens all the time though, it's part of the game.

w00t said:
Sides who dominate don't always win.

Of course, the best teams don't always win. More flagrant than your examples, Portugal was completely overwhelmed by England and still won. That doesn't change what I said though.

w00t said:
Good sides make their own luck, Italy held their nerve, and France clearly did not

You can play on words but there was hardly any man-made luck at play here. If anything, Domenech's coaching was Italy's biggest advantage. :void:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom