Nintendo DS

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Anyone else lucky enough to pick up one of these little miracle machines? The screen is absolutely beautiful and I'm very happy with it. The only downside was that I'm so broke I can't afford a new game (thinking about getting the Bleach game or Ouendan import) so my broke ass is playing Dawn of Sorrow all over again. :guts: Who else grabbed one?

Re: DS Lite

I'll be pick one up this weekend probably. Along with Mario Kart, New SMB and Castlevania.

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!

As big a Nitendo-backer I am, It's practically the same thing, excluding the new screens of course... I might pick one up next year.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I'll probably stick to the old one for a while. I'd like a Lite but basically I have no good excuse to get one right now. :chomp:

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start

I'd like to get a Lite some day (I especially find the improved battery life quite compelling) as well. I heard there were some issues with implementing Flashme and such in the beginning, but it seems like it works fine now.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."

I think it'd be nice to get one, but right now since I'm dirt poor I'll just have to stick with my regular DS.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Since we're on the topic of the NDS and because I don't want to make a new thread just for it, check this out: http://dsquake.blogspot.com/. The guy's getting Quake to run on the DS and he'll be fully porting it. There are videos too and it looks quite promising.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Aazealh said:
Since we're on the topic of the NDS and because I don't want to make a new thread just for it, check this out: http://dsquake.blogspot.com/. The guy's getting Quake to run on the DS and he'll be fully porting it. There are videos too and it looks quite promising.

Thats really cool. I'm glad that someone is experimenting with the DS. The only thing I ever hear is about PSP homebrew and I'm sick of it. Well, that was until my buddy got Dracula X Rondo of Blood running on his PSP. Then I was quite happy.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

My wife JUST bought one at NYC Nintendo World... the last time I went there, Miyamoto was signing my GBA... good times :judo:

Got one it looks good.

Question so um am I supposed to play this without the AC adapter? I read the manual and it says that the AC Adapter is used as a recharge for the battery inside the DS lite...

BTW The DS lite is lacking big time in the RPG department hopefully there be more RPG's being made for the DS. Looking forward to FF3 too!!

I'd get one, but I'm broke...it looks good though. Might save up money and sell my DS to get the lite.

on a side note: PSP vs. DS... the DS whooped PSP not only in the price department, but in the games as well. If PSP was to come out with another version(metaphorically speaking), it won't be cheap, thats for sure.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Quick question...

For the cartridge games... there is no region restrictions is there? Unlike teh CD's/DVD's correct?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Quick question...

For the cartridge games... there is no region restrictions is there? Unlike teh CD's/DVD's correct?

Thats what I've heard. So you can go play Jump Superstars right now!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

handsome rakshas said:
Thats what I've heard. So you can go play Jump Superstars right now!
Thats it! Well the wife wants one but if I can mooch off of her's... well now... HEHEHEH! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

SaiyajinNoOuji said:

I confirm that. It's international.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Well, after months of wanting to pick it up I finally bought the Bleach fighting game. As usual with Treasure games it is really awesome, and even rivals the PSP Bleach game in terms of presentation. And the gameplay is really good, any bleach fans out there I recommend picking it up! Next, Ouendan!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Grovel said:
That is the game to get, best game I have ever played on a handheld.

Seems like you have great taste in games there, Grovely old boy!
I have put off buying this game for too long now. I went to Frys and they had just about every sweet import DS game EXCEPT Ouendan. I will probably pick it up in the near future but two sweet domestic games come out this week (Mega Man ZX and Cooking Mama) so I will probably be rocking those out. And to Bleach fans, I still play the DS import game daily! It has withstood the test of time, and I love it so much I already preordered the 2nd game from Play-Asia!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Looks like Square is making a new Secret of Mana for the NDS. It's called Heroes of Mana. The cast is pretty heavy apparently. Character designer is Ryoma Ito (FF Tactics Advance), producer is Kôichi Ishii (Legend of Mana), scenarist is Masato Katô (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Seiken Densetsu 4, FFVII) & music is by Yoko Shimomura (Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve). And I heard it's going to be a tactical RPG. I'm still waiting for a port of SD 2 & 3...

And still from Square-Enix, FFXII: Revenant Wings is also coming on NDS. It'll be a side story in the FFXII world featuring Vaan & Penelo. Since that's not enough, they're also making another RPG for NDS, an A-RPG set in a modern world and called "It's a Wonderful World."

EDIT: And now a Front Mission too... Apparently an enhanced remake of the SNES version called "Front Mission the First."

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Aazealh said:
EDIT: And now a Front Mission too... Apparently an enhanced remake of the SNES version called "Front Mission the First."

Awesome news. Front mission would be perfect for the DS.

Well, I got stuck working night shift tonight. When that happens I like to either buy something new to read or a new videogame to play. So before I came to work I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for the DS. IGN gave it a good rating so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm about three hours in and I must say it is a fun little game. There's nothing like tank dueling platypus and little kittens at 4am when
you're on the clock and getting paid to do so. So anybody thinking about picking it up I give it my recommendation. If you don't mind cutesy, that is.
Also, Mega Man ZX for the DS is a little disappointing, and so is Cooking Mama. Anyone thinking about picking those up should beware. Well I'm 5 hours into my shift, with only 11 more hours to go(I got suckered into 2 shifts in a row). I'm going to play Rocket Slime for a few more hours until the sun comes up and I have to do actual work. Buh bye!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

handsome rakshas said:
So before I came to work I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for the DS. IGN gave it a good rating so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm about three hours in and I must say it is a fun little game.

Yeah, it seems cool from what I've seen of it. I don't think I'll buy it but I certainly wouldn't mind playing it.

handsome rakshas said:
Also, Mega Man ZX for the DS is a little disappointing, and so is Cooking Mama. Anyone thinking about picking those up should beware.

Really? How so? I expected both those games to be pretty fun. Well obviously Cooking Mama is limited to its peculiar genre, but is Megaman ZX mediocre? I'd like to hear more about this if you don't mind.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Aazealh said:
Really? How so? I expected both those games to be pretty fun. Well obviously Cooking Mama is limited to its peculiar genre, but is Megaman ZX mediocre? I'd like to hear more about this if you don't mind.

I think that I was expecting a little too much out of these games. Cooking Mama is neat and and all, but I thought there would be a cute little story mode or something. The whole game just consists of preparing various dishes as fast as you can, and the game really dosen't go anywhere. Its one of those games that you play once in a blue moon for like 10 minutes and then put it away for another six months. I shouldn't complain so much, the game was only $19.99.

Mega Man ZX is one game that I shouldn't have bad mouthed so quickly. I stopped playing it early because the backtracking became so tiresome. It is not traditional Mega Man style, more like Castlevania-ish free roam. You can choose missions that require you to find a certain item or defeat a certain boss but having to get from one point in the map to another is a pain in the neck. I judged this one too early, and I'll give you my impressions when I actually beat the game. That might be a while since I'm hooked on Rocket Slime. :guts:

Top Bottom