Nintendo DS

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Bekul said:
And yeah, if anyone can make 3d not be a gimmick on a 3DS, it's Miyamoto.

I wouldn't consider 3D to a be a gimmick that needs curing when it comes to games. As walter stated, they already are in 3D, with a 2D window. The kind of immersiveness that true 3D can bring to the table for games is really exciting, and could really contribute to how games are played. I think television and movies are the ones who need to prove 3D isn't a gimmick... At the moment it feels like just another layer of eye-candy so the industry can sell evermore TVs now that everyone has gone out and gotten widescreen 1080p setups.

Nintendo's New 3D Portable Hits This October

CVG says it has on good authority from multiple "industry sources" that the Nintendo 3DS, which won't require 3D glasses to display potentially dazzling three-dimensional effects, will arrive before the holiday shopping season and well before the March 2011 release window that Nintendo set for itself. Nintendo plans to show the device off at this year's E3 expo in June, plenty of time to hype up a fall release for the new platform

Jesus, already?

Aazealh said:
And since we're on the topic, check out the trailer for Ghost Trick, the new title from the people behind the Phoenix Wright series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDsCzKUYjyo

Looks awesome so far.

Damn! Amazing art style and graphics, and looks like the game itself is great. I see a franchise blooming right there. :guts:

Did anyone else notice a guy making some Michael Jackson moves at 1:47?

I've been looking forward to Ghost Trick for awhile now, but a lot of people are speculating that it's the reason why there hasn't been any news on Gyakuten Saiban 5 and that makes me at least a little sad.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I've been looking forward to Ghost Trick for awhile now, but a lot of people are speculating that it's the reason why there hasn't been any news on Gyakuten Saiban 5 and that makes me at least a little sad.

Not me. The fourth wasn't on par with the older episodes and I also preferred the old cast of characters. I welcome a pause in the series.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
And since we're on the topic, check out the trailer for Ghost Trick, the new title from the people behind the Phoenix Wright series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDsCzKUYjyo
This does look really cool! I love the art style...very fluid animations. Unfortunately I'm one DS short...: ( I love my PSP too much to let it go. Maybe when the 3DS comes out the old ones will drop even cheaper. : )

Aazealh said:
Not me. The fourth wasn't on par with the older episodes and I also preferred the old cast of characters. I welcome a pause in the series.

This is why I'm only a little sad. If it means the next one can stew a little and come out the better for it, that's fine with me. That said, I did enjoy GS4 and the new Investigations game (even if it wasn't as good as 1 and 3) so having to wait so long hurts a little. There's always E3 around the corner though. :schnoz:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
YAY! Dragon Quest IX finally gets a release date in the US (July 11) and Europe (July 23)

The wait is almost over !!! :mozgus:

anyways heres a Japanese trailer to get people excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65oDKijim4w&feature=related

and an introduction to Dragon Quest IX video, It's in Japanese but it's easy to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yf35a305yI

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
That said, I did enjoy GS4 and the new Investigations game (even if it wasn't as good as 1 and 3) so having to wait so long hurts a little.

Your prayers were answered CowTip, a new Investigations game was announced recently, and it seems to follow in the previous game's steps. The new system introduced will be a mental game of chess you play against your opponents to break down their logic and see through their lies.

In other news, Cave Story will get a release on DSiWare.

Top Bottom