High res scans for our colorists

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Heyyy well I've been getting YA lately so I thught I'd make nice BIG scans of a few pages and panels for our awesomely talented color artists to work on if they so desire. :carcus:

Here are thumbnails, the links go to the full res versions. Please don't everyone go clicking them all just for kicks though, they are beeg.

They are in greyscale gif format to save filesize; don't worry, they will un-ugly when you change them to rgb format.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
WOAH! Great stuff Lithrael :griff: I'd colour them if I thought I could do them justice these days.. too many people stealing the spot light :p

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for posting these, Lith. I'm sure someone here can use them.
I'm workin' on pages that are 4000*6000, usually. Up till their coloring, however they are kept in bitmap or grayscale to cut down on filesize. But they're always saved in a lossless format, like tif. If you are going to through all this effort of providing HQ scans of these, why not go all the way?
I'd take quality over quantity,anyday.

But thanks, regardless.

Uriel said:
I'd colour them if I thought I could do them justice these days.. too many people stealing the spot light :p

do it anyway... the audience demands it. :guts:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
What are you talking about, lossless?  greyscale gif *is* lossless.

ETA: yeah I did knock the bit depth down on most of these but seriously I CHALLENGE you to tell the difference, this is printed ink we're talking about here, not photography.

EATA: ..er, didn't mean to sound so attitude-coppey, m'apologies.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Lithrael said:
What are you talking about, lossless? greyscale gif *is* lossless.

I'm an idiot. I'm confusing my image formats. you're right. go with the gif.

Lithrael said:
ETA: yeah I did knock the bit depth down on most of these but seriously I CHALLENGE you to tell the difference, this is printed ink we're talking about here, not photography.

ETA: Well, this sort of thing is important when you're taking images for printing at a decent size. It isn't really a factor when you're viewing it on the web.
But since I doubt we are going for print here theres no point in continuing the discussion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's a really nice thing to do Lith, I hope it'll be put to good use. :guts:

PS: In regard to the discussion above: if you ever want to lower file size to host images without changing the format, try to zip or rar them. Compacting a JPG file will result in a 0% size gain, but compacting a TIF or a BMP file will do wonders.

Top Bottom