Episode 276

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Here's a summary of the episode: We see the flying apostles attacking Ganishka, passing above the group and getting fried as if they were meaningless. They all get killed seemingly effortlessly by a huge lightning attack that hits everything, the burning head of one of them falling right next to the group. Some thunder barely misses Serpico so Guts tells him to get away (sensing that the situation's turning bad), Serpico is hesitating but eventually does. After that Guts thinks to himself that he'll end up as a piece of charred meat if he sticks around too long. Then Zodd arrives. He lands on a roof near the group (and Farnese recognises him from Albion, like Casca apparently) and watches Ganishka...

And suddenly propulses himself at high speed towards him! Ganishka casts lightning at him and hits him directly, but Zodd takes the hit without slowing down and flies right through him! That's inefficient however and the fog figure instantly reforms itself, with Daiba commenting. That doesn't stop Zodd though (although it visibly hurts him) and he attacks again while taking Ganishka's lightning, finally rushing him together with a bunch of other apostles. Ganishka then morphs into a huge cloud with the apostles inside and electrocutes them once again, killing them all (save for Zodd obviously) and sending a burning Zodd flying and crashing on Guts (and into the sea).

Next episode will be released on July 28.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow what a display of GUTS from Zodd :zodd: Sounds like a very promising episode. Too bad about the majority of the aerial apostles getting wiped out so early... (why am I rooting for them?)

Just so you guys know, this break is because on July 11th, Miura turns the BIG 40. Time to score a high school girlfriend, I guess?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Here's a summary of the episode:

Daaaaaamn, can't wait to see this one. That sucks that the flying Apostles were downed so early on, though, I was hoping for a little more action involving them. Just goes to show that Ganishka is definitely no push-over.

Walter said:
Just so you guys know, this break is because on July 11th, Miura turns the BIG 40. Time to score a high school girlfriend, I guess?

Take all the breaks you want, Miura, whatever keeps you from overworking! :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Wow what a display of GUTS from Zodd

Yeah, Zodd is really the Neo Hawks' Guts. Or vice versa, since I guess he came first. Whatever though, it's awesome. :zodd:

Walter said:
Sounds like a very promising episode. Too bad about the majority of the aerial apostles getting wiped out so early... (why am I rooting for them?)

Quite a lot died yeah, but there might be more of them coming (no indication of this in the manga though, so I don't think there'll be an even bigger rush of flying critters).

PS: Can't say I was too far off about Zodd, right Jhot? :void:

Sounds like they're really going to leave it at a cliff hanger for Episode 267. This one sounds really promising, look forward to it.

Aazealh said:
Next episode will be released on July 28.

Haha weird, on my B'day. 3 times more reason to look forward to it. ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, here's a preview of the episode.

NOCOMPROMISE.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Hahaha, no complaints from me. I love stuff like this, it reminds me of Wally's 181 scans he gave us all those years ago. It's like the espionage spy cam document photo edition here. =)

Anyway, awesome episode, Zodd looks like h'es ready to die on page 9, and he's certainly taking punishment; never seen him get beat down like this before, and I'm sure Ganishka is saying all kinds of hurtful things. =(

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wowo!!! amazing shit, even at this quality.

I was on the edge of my seat.

Thanks a ton, aaz.

ps. did Guts sense Zodd?

...what a cliffhanger.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Hahaha, no complaints from me. I love stuff like this, it reminds me of Wally's 181 scans he gave us all those years ago.

Yeah, good times. :guts:

"Griffith No More!" said:
Anyway, awesome episode, Zodd looks like h'es ready to die on page 9, and he's certainly taking punishment; never seen him get beat down like this before, and I'm sure Ganishka is saying all kinds of hurtful things. =(

Yeah, he's found his "master" it seems. :carcus: I like how Daiba's still flying around and commenting on the action too, he just needs some popcorn and he's good to go... Anyway, now there's a set up for a Zodd vs Ganishka revenge match; both in their apostle forms and without magic this time. Ganishka's last stand once his armies will have been wiped out and his magic all consumed for example.

CnC said:
did Guts sense Zodd?

Either he sensed him or he simply heard his roar.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Holeeeee fucksocks. I'm floored. This is gorgeous stuff!!

For a minute I thought Zodd's incisors were blunted but on relection I guess they always looked like that, they just give the impression of being pointier cause we don't usually see them head-on like that.

Also, Guts is ridiculously hot today. Esp. on page 7. Rawr.

MONSTERS YAY!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
For a minute I thought Zodd's incisors were blunted but on relection I guess they always looked like that, they just give the impression of being pointier cause we don't usually see them head-on like that.

Yep, we're just getting a closer look at them this time around. :zodd:

Anyway, Ganishka is awesome and as arrogant as usual (rightly so I guess, considering his power). He tells the apostles that since their heads are so high (as in not bowing to him) he'll have them crawl on the ground. :SK:

Guts' group also seems to be catching on as they're wondering why the monsters are fighting each other.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Woland said:
The Guts and Zodd situation is going to be interesting.

Yup, especially if one gets the other out of the water. :void: I doubt Guts could ever lift Zodd though so it's probably going to be the other way around (assuming it happens). It could also be a good occasion for Guts to get away; if Schierke used the Undines like she did a few episodes ago for example. Guts' dialogue with Serpico was also interesting: Guts told him that it was unlike him when Serpico hesitated to leave. That he should be cold and retreat since staying won't change anything and that he can't lift the both of them with his cloak.

Daiba's doing some major ass kissing to Ganishka as expected... "How dare you do this to the great emperor!" And on page 16 Guts wonders if Zodd is trying to blow Ganishka way little by little with his attacks, only to realize on page 18 that it's not going to work. Ganishka tells them that no matter how hard they struggle, they lie in the palm of his hand.

Geez, Guts can't catch a break! Can't wait to see Zodd's reaction to the group's presence. The ensuing dialogue could finally bring the group up to speed as to Guts' past (presuming Zodd recovers from the lightning...which he should, he's :zodd:! )

CnC

Ad Oculos

thanks for some of the dialogue. the change in Serp _is_ interesting

And that zodd panel with him on the building is awesome. Might look good in color :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
Can't wait to see Zodd's reaction to the group's presence. The ensuing dialogue could finally bring the group up to speed as to Guts' past

I don't think the group is his priority right now. He didn't even look at them. And even if he recovers quickly enough, Ganishka's still there.

CnC said:
And that zodd panel with him on the building is awesome. Might look good in color

You say it, you do it. That's the rule! :zodd:

Wow what a EPISODE and first time we get to see Zodd beaten XD..(i'm confident he will rise again and him and Guts will have a convo). Can't wait for the next one,kinda sucks it's like a month waiting:s, but i'd rather wait month(s) then seeing a masterpiece being destroyed cuz of the normal weekly deadline. (cough naruto part 2 cough)

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
I just hope Zodd, along with Team Guts(cheesey I know) gets away from Ganishka for now, especially Zodd/Guts getting out of that water asap, as water+lightning go REALLY well together.

Really amazing episode moreover it's a pleasure to see Zodd being beaten :guts: (not that I dislike him)and the situation getting more and more interesting...
I almost forgot...thanks for the pictures Aaz (so early in the week I should suscribe to YA !)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well, here are some photos of the episode to keep you guys waiting for decent scans. Pretty early so no complaints, alright?

Thanks for taking the time to snap those photos for us, Aazealh! I love getting my Berserk fix two days early. What an episode, too. Such an "oh shit" moment at the end there for Guts as Zodd comes rocketing towards him.

Top Bottom