Episode 276

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Thats all fine and dandy but what happens if/when Casca is healed and she is like...

:???: Jigga what? I'm going back to Griffith!

I think that would mess up his mojo.

I was thinking the same thing, and was making an addition to my post about it but accidently closed the window. But yeah thats a real possability, and that could be what skull knight mean't when he said to Guts that what he wants may not be what she wants.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow -- this episode really delivered! It's nice to get it early, so cheers for posting them Aaz :guts:

It seems that Zodd is testing the water with Ganishka -- trying to find some kind of weak point. I don't know if he really succeeded though =P By the way, isn't this the first them we've seen Zodd fight to this extend in his Winged form? It's quite badass :zodd:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/Guts+Zodd.jpg

Romeo + Juliet 1996 in the water interesting? :carcus:

Yes

gutszoddyaoi.jpg

Well, one more episode to go before we have another complete volume on our hands. A shame we have to wait till the end of next month, but I'm sure it's going to be amazing (it seems like a trend, these summer breaks).

Guts didn't do much, but I'm sure (as well as everyone else) it's because of the beating he's taken from Ganishka's magic. That or he's actually in awe at the site of all the apostles going after Ganishka.

I also thought it was great that Zodd could take Ganishka's attacks while they annihilated the rest of the apostles. Just goes to show that Zodd isn't an ordinary apostle. He's made for this kind of punishment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Well, one more episode to go before we have another complete volume on our hands.

Actually volume 31 is now complete with this one. It will contain episodes 267 through 276.

dwarfkicker said:
Guts didn't do much, but I'm sure (as well as everyone else) it's because of the beating he's taken from Ganishka's magic. That or he's actually in awe at the site of all the apostles going after Ganishka.

Well, he's got no reason to help one of the two sides over the other anyway. :guts: Like he said, he doesn't care about their fight.

Woland, ....man wtf? Gut's expression in the left panel is gonna be burnt into my retinas.
Terrible.

Awesome episode. Guts can't go one episode lately without getting fucked up. He should already nearly be dead, but now he gets run over by Zodd and is in a potential position to drown. Dude can't catch a break. Those flying apostles aren't worth a shit though. Guts took more damage than they did.

mike.william said:
Awesome episode. Guts can't go one episode lately without getting fucked up. He should already nearly be dead, but now he gets run over by Zodd and is in a potential position to drown. Dude can't catch a break. Those flying apostles aren't worth a shit though. Guts took more damage than they did.

Well he is Guts after all. :guts:

HOLYYYYYYYY SHIIITTTTTTTTT......That looked FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!! ITS ALL ABOUT ZODD BABY!!!!!! :zodd:
PHOTOSHOP FIENDS....REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

smoke

This is some really exciting shit.

Miura must've heard me complaining about how the plot wasn't advancing fast enough and taken heed. :badbone:

Really great stuff going on. I haven't been this wrapped up in Berserk since the mock-eclipse.

S

Some Guy

Superb episode. Thanks for posting the scans, Aaz. It seems that Zodd is getting involved with the aerial assault after all and man is he taking a beating. I don't know why, but I keep thinking Zodd is going to start flying before reaching the water with Guts in tow. Probably won't happen though. I hope Guts makes it back to shore eventually, though :guts:

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
THX for the episode Aaz and mystery japanese hero!!!

do u think that zodd will turn into his human(ish) form and Guts and co. save zodd....? just a thought... what a crew that would be...the apostle, the witch and the berserker armor....hehe... :guts:

Thanks Aaz, guess its cliffhangers all the way!
Can't wait for a translation, especially pages 16-17, I really want to know what Ganishka's saying. Zodd's attack seems to have at least some effect,I doubt Ganishka would have gone for such a powerful move otherwise.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
Miura must've heard me complaining about how the plot wasn't advancing fast enough and taken heed.

I don't think the plot is advancing any faster than it already was (Guts & co haven't moved at all, neither did Daiba nor Ganishka), and since this episode couldn't have happened without the previous 10 I think it's safe to say Miura wouldn't care about what you said even if he read it. But hey, Zodd's on fire! Cheers! :badbone:

Knight o' Skeleton said:
I don't know why, but I keep thinking Zodd is going to start flying before reaching the water with Guts in tow. Probably won't happen though.

Well they're really almost at sea level in the last panel and his wings aren't deployed (and they're on fire) so that seems a bit unlikely.

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
Thats all fine and dandy but what happens if/when Casca is healed and she is like...

Oohh?? Jigga what? I'm going back to Griffith!

As much as I like Caska and Griff, a little piece of me would die if that happened without some major motivation.

Thanks Aaz, aewsome ep.

CnC

Ad Oculos
aksaC said:
As much as I like Casca and Griff, a little piece of me would die if that happened without some major motivation.

This is becoming a bit off topic, but..
I think the motivation is already there. Even if you ignore the feelings Casca has always had for Griffith, SK pretty much tells Guts to not be surprised if what she wants is not what he wants.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
SK pretty much tells Guts to not be surprised if what she wants is not what he wants.

He said "might not." And that doesn't mean she'll want to become a part of the Neo Hawks anyway. We're not just talking about not wanting to kill him here, that would be crazy. A branded woman in the middle of an apostle army commanded by a member of the God Hand? This is all based on so many assumptions, like that we know what Guts will want in the future for example... What does he want right now? To go to Elfhelm and have Casca cured. What will he want afterwards? His choices in the future will probably at least partly depend on events we can't even plan. Seems a bit vague to be making these predictions to me. As for Casca, right now her top priority is her child (related to Griffith), but once she's cured she might not have as much of a maternal instinct as before (and it probably won't be as keen). Maybe she'll remember him and recognize him in Griffith, but maybe she won't. And even if it were the case that still doesn't mean she'll run to him and leave Guts behind.

Also, no matter how important Griffith was for Casca in the past, he still raped her as Femto (just to hurt Guts, too), after having sacrificed his men (her comrades as much as Guts'). It's quite daring to presume she "won't mind" IMO. She spent a year surviving with these people and leading them while Guts was away, they meant as much to her if not more than to Guts.

In any case that's not the topic, like you said. Let's rather concentrate on Zodd. Come on, he's on fire! :zodd:

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
With apologies to William Blake. And to everyone else. This is really bad, but I couldn't resist :guts:

Zoddo, zoddo, burning bright
In the harbor, late at night
By Ganishka's lightning eyes
He was blown from the skies

In those distant swirling skies
Burning fur got in his eyes
Without his wings, will he expire?
No one knows, but at least Zodd's on fire!

CnC

Ad Oculos
mahlernut said:
Zoddo, zoddo, burning bright
In the harbor, late at night
By Ganishka's lightning eyes
He was blown from the skies

In those distant swirling skies
Burning fur got in his eyes
Without his wings, will he expire?
No one knows, but at least Zodd's on fire!

...i think I may cry.. :judo:

damnnnnn! This episode was smoking. Shit, Ganeshuka, has pretty much sky rocketed in my estimation...it was pretty shocking seeing the massive power difference between himself and zodd. Also, it shows that even with his berserker armour, and shierke on his side, there is still a mountain to climb before being able to oppose apostle with this sort of power

Hmmm, I think it would be interesting if griffths main forces did not arrive on the scene and his people got beat down here. Either that or Griffth/femto himself arrives to humble ganeshuka, though even there it won't be easy. Im not sure if he can be hurt by other apostles though.

On a side not this display leaves me anticipating the arrivals of pucks fairy King on the scene...he is supposed to be enormously powerful...can't wait.

peace

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:
Shit, Ganishka, has pretty much sky rocketed in my estimation...

You must have been seriously underestimating him then... I mean sure, it was impressive to see Zodd getting zapped around, but we've known Ganishka had that kind of power since volume 27... He's not just an apostle, I think it's important to keep this in mind.

prawnstyle said:
Hmmm, I think it would be interesting if griffths main forces did not arrive on the scene and his people got beat down here.

Well, it looks like they're all dead already (save for Zodd).

prawnstyle said:
On a side not this display leaves me anticipating the arrivals of pucks fairy King on the scene...

The Hanafubuku Ô won't appear in Vritannis, so don't wait for him. He's in Elfhelm.

Anyway I'm surprised there weren't more comments on Ganishka's final attack. I think it's pretty impressive no matter how you look at it, even visually. And the DS even took the charge from the distance, it's a real EMP.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I always thought he was a awesome character, and certainly powerful (haven't seen Griff step into the ring with him yet), but he'll go up in my estimation if Griffith doesn't somehow make a fool of him this time. :troll:

Aazealh said:
Anyway I'm surprised there weren't more comments on Ganishka's final attack. I think it's pretty impressive no matter how you look at it, even visually. And the DS even took the charge from the distance, it's a real EMP.

Yeah, I loved that little touch showing not only the power of the charge (the damage Zodd sustained), but blinding Guts and making for the crash. Appreciate all the little things.

Will Zodd lend Gatts a ride on his back out of water ?
Thattime, saving Caska, Gatts said.. "No more swimming with armor !!" :zodd:

Or maybe both will be knocked down, and later saved by.. :griff: !! ??

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Not sure if it was discussed yet but did you noticed DS is still seething with electricity? Don't you think it should of been discharged by now?

Top Bottom