Episode 276

CnC

Ad Oculos
This issue of levels of strength (power levels) in this story has come up numerous times. Its really boring to hear constantly. There are other series (usually aimed towards children, mind you) where this is more of an issue (As griff illustrated).

But I think everyone's missing the big picture, here: Zodds on FIRE!!! :zodd:

OOh this EPISODE is very nice! This is like the first time Iv seen Zodd not smile/be happy before a fight. I wonder why he never chose to fight apostles in his search for strong warriors before, always fighting regular humans for 300 years . Maybe he killed a few apostles back in the day too easy and got bored because other apostles didnt want to fight back (kinda like Wyald), and got killed too easily by not wanting to fight.

Speaking of apostle forms, first, is Daiba going to transform or what because Guts brand did react upon their encounter.

Second, as for Ganishka, I actualy wonder what his true form would be. I dont think his fog form is his apostle body, I think it is like that because of his magic. So if they managed to drain him of his magical abilities, you would see his true form, a weaker form because of his magic support (Like an rpg game without all its buffer spells)

As for apostle power, as said earlier, they come in all sorts. Guts was able to Kill quite a few in his "Black Swordsman" phase based on what the count said, and thats without his armor. Those flying apostles that attacked Ganishka seemed really weak, I was kinda disapointed not to see any kind of offence of theirs, however I guess it was to show the awsomeness of their enemy and how outclassed they were.

In the last panel, it looks like Zodd saved Guts, what an interesting twist :)

As for Griffith attacking the spirit tree, it was because Flora was a threat right, so wouldnt he have attacked Elfhelm by now? Probably when they arrive at Elflhem they will see it in ruin, Hmmm.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, like CnC said, lets not fight over silly things; the strong survive, that's all we need to judge. Anyway, I'm intrigued by the Ganishka Apostle form talk though, always wondered about it myself. I don't know about an ape (hey, why not?), but my gut feeling, along with what wev'e seen of him, the look of the Daka, and his dialogue and role, is something along the lines of El Diablo!

Now that would be cool. :zodd:

CnC

Ad Oculos
gh-zodd said:
In the last panel, it looks like Zodd saved Guts, what an interesting twist :)

Only if you consider plowing into him at high speed while on fire (FIRE,people, FIRE) saving him

Who said it IS a baboon I mean I think it MAY be a "baboon"...about the monkey/hinduism you seem to know a lot about it(even if the cow thing is common knowledge)but I know that in some region monkeys are as sacred as cow in Sri Lanka for example(something I saw)but I won't debate...
About the apostle I said "Guts is stronger than MANY" that mean not all so I'm basically speaking about the weak apostles but maybe you did not saw it...

Anyway I'm fed up with this(and I think you too)but I found you rude here you know how I respect you so...I just love this forum and don't want to become some leecher(just here to dwdl episodes)nor do I want to spoil the mood here so i'll just shut up it wont be a great loss I suppose
Bonne continuation...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
I wonder why he never chose to fight apostles in his search for strong warriors before

Actually he did, we just don't see him doing so. This is shown in volume 17, right before he meets the Falcon of Light. Plus the apostle he killed at Flora's house because he was discussing his orders. :zodd:

gh-zodd said:
Speaking of apostle forms, first, is Daiba going to transform or what because Guts brand did react upon their encounter.

Daiba isn't an apostle. Guts' brand reacts to a lot of different things, not just apostles.

gh-zodd said:
Second, as for Ganishka, I actualy wonder what his true form would be. I dont think his fog form is his apostle body, I think it is like that because of his magic.

Yeah, that's most probably how it is. However if he's out of "energy" I think he'll likely just go away instead of transforming.

gh-zodd said:
As for apostle power, as said earlier, they come in all sorts. Guts was able to Kill quite a few in his "Black Swordsman" phase based on what the count said, and thats without his armor.

A few!? He killed a lot. That's all he did basically. Wandering and killing apostles.

gh-zodd said:
In the last panel, it looks like Zodd saved Guts, what an interesting twist

Well, not really. Like CnC said, he just crashed on him.

gh-zodd said:
so wouldnt he have attacked Elfhelm by now? Probably when they arrive at Elflhem they will see it in ruin, Hmmm.

Probably not. It was discussed before and I don't believe it to be likely. Elfhelm is an island that exists far away and isn't easily accessible, Griffith has been pretty busy with the Kushans until now and lacks the necessary naval resources, and finally Elfhelm is said to be the home of powerful magic users to which apostles might not be a match.

Mad Angel Loki said:
Who said it IS a baboon I mean I think it MAY be a "baboon"...

No, you said "for me Ganishka is a kind of baboon apostle."

Mad Angel Loki said:
Anyway I'm fed up with this(and I think you too)but I found you rude here you know how I respect you so...

Well, I'm not the one that told the other about smartness because I couldn't understand what he was saying. I'm not the one that doesn't make efforts when writing his posts either. Sorry if I hurt your feelings when I laughed at the baboon idea, but that was genuine. :void: And all I know about your respect is what you say and how you say it, if you get offended because I don't agree with your ramblings and you can't justify them it's your problem, not mine. It's not the end of the world anyway, you're not going to be cast away or anything. Feel free to speculate about whatever you want as long as it's on topic, and if you want to expose your familiars theory in detail please make a thread about it in Speculation Nation.

Griffith

Mad Angel Loki said:
I just love this forum and don't want to become some leecher(just here to dwdl episodes)nor do I want to spoil the mood here so i'll just shut up it wont be a great loss I suppose
Bonne continuation...

Awww, come on now, that's not necessary. As Dutch would say, "Stick around." :guts:

Aazealh said:
PS: Can't say I was too far off about Zodd, right Jhot? :void:
Damnit Aaz; just admit you're Miura already. :miura: At this rate, seeing Ganishka's energy levels dip after this attack & Azan waking up on Roderick's ship won't be nearly as "ZOMG!" as they should be. :puck:

Serious, thanks once again for getting episode 276 up so early. Much appreciation. :serpico:

Besides the obvious great action &f death this episode offers, I'd like to point out some things & what they could open up in later episodes (as episode 277 won't be out until the end of July):

Guts' comment to Serpico about him not being as cold/detached as Serpico usually is. A little insight to Serpico's relationship with Guts is getting better, as Serpico's thinking is usually characterized with a mechanical tint in regards to non-Farnese matters. What I'm trying to get at is, it's nice seeing be concerned with someone other then Farnese for once.

Farnese recognizing Zodd from his appearance at Albion. Along with Casca also. This brings to her mind why Zodd resurfaced here. It won't be long for her to wonder if Griffith's around & maybe why he would wield Zodd & the other apostles in attacking Ganishka. If Farnese is quick, which I hope, she'll realize Griffith's Ganishka's enemy & maybe get to talking with Schierke about how the pieces fit together.

The purpose of the flying apostles swarming after Ganishka: Griffith knows about the fog form-lightning strikes combo, but he still ordered Zodd & the others to go at it against Ganishka, despite its seeming futility. This time, Much as I'd like to use Aaz's "drain the bastard's power dry" idea, that would imply Griffith knows/has a vague idea how much juice Ganishka can spit out. I don't know if that's the case yet, so I'll just assume (wrongly?) that this is Griffith's elaborate distraction so he can go do something without Ganishka's interference (attacking his ships, land forces, etc.).

With Zodd & Guts in the bay & Guts' sword being just as good an electric conductor as the water they're in, I'm hoping that Ganishka thinks he's finished all the apostles that were after him off, along with the foul-mouthed Guts. With them out of the way, Ganishka's next move should be to help his dakas/familiars out against Griffith's apostles. I can imagine this being the break Guts' group needs to make a dash for Roderick's ship, but I still haven't factored what Daiba and Zodd are going to do next.

Will Daiba still follow the Emperor's ass in hopes of getting his nose enough browner or will just simply fall back to whatever ships the Kushans have left? And what of Zodd: I'm sure he'll notice the man he's sinking with is the Black/Branded Swordsman and wonder what he's s doing here. I don't think they'll fight, as they're both in no condition to do so (least Guts isn't), so I think it'll be a terse conversation between them as to Griffith's intentions with Vritannis/the Kushans. And then I don't know how to end it there. :???:

All in all, furtile soil to inform the uninformed on what the other side's up to. Looking forward to July 28th.

EDIT: Thanks Aazealh for the high quality episode down there. :serpico:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I say Ganishka's a walrus. I mean, we've already had an eggman:

beherit-apostle.gif

Plus, he is rather toothy.
:troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Guts' comment to Serpico about him not being as cold/detached as Serpico usually is. A little insight to Serpico's relationship with Guts is getting better, as Serpico's thinking is usually characterized with a mechanical tint in regards to non-Farnese matters. What I'm trying to get at is, it's nice seeing be concerned with someone other then Farnese for once.

Yep, I'd even say their relationship got way better actually. It's like Serpico's finally part of the team instead of being a freeloader and always waiting for an occasion to leave with Farnese. This also goes with the way Guts' been more familiar with him recently (like telling him to cut the slack and help with Daiba).

Jhot obs said:
Farnese recognizing Zodd from his appearance at Albion. [...] It won't be long for her to wonder if Griffith's around & maybe why he would wield Zodd & the other apostles in attacking Ganishka. If Farnese is quick, which I hope, she'll realize Griffith's Ganishka's enemy & maybe get to talking with Schierke about how the pieces fit together.

Yeah, I really think the sea trip will be the occasion for them to put all the pieces together. They'll have nothing else to do and once they stop and think about it, it should become clear. Especially if each of them tells the others about what he or she knows. And at that point anyway I think Guts will be ready to open himself and tell them about his past.

Jhot obs said:
This time, Much as I'd like to use Aaz's "drain the bastard's power dry" idea, that would imply Griffith knows/has a vague idea how much juice Ganishka can spit out. I don't know if that's the case yet, so I'll just assume (wrongly?) that this is Griffith's elaborate distraction so he can go do something without Ganishka's interference (attacking his ships, land forces, etc.).

Well, my premise was more that Griffith would know Ganishka didn't have an infinite amount of energy and so that he'd try to get him to waste it without necessarily knowing how hard that would be. I think it'd fit with Zodd's thoughtful face on page 9. Now that was just an idea like that and I still think it's likely that they could also be doing something behind his back (whatever that may be).

Jhot obs said:
Will Daiba still follow the Emperor's ass in hopes of getting his nose enough browner or will just simply fall back to whatever ships the Kushans have left?

What about my super theory of Irvine sniping him down? :judo:

Jhot obs said:
And what of Zodd: I'm sure he'll notice the man he's sinking with is the Black/Branded Swordsman and wonder what he's s doing here. I don't think they'll fight, as they're both in no condition to do so (least Guts isn't), so I think it'll be a terse conversation between them as to Griffith's intentions with Vritannis/the Kushans.

Yes, this is sure to be very interesting. First of all for now I'm not sure Zodd will be able to do much. He might stay K.O. for a little while underwater, and I don't think Guts would bother saving him, not that he could anyway. That would pose the problem of Guts drowning, but I guess Schierke could always find a way to pull him out of there (or not :chomp:). There's of course the possibility of Zodd getting out of the water with Guts on his back but I only see this working if Ganishka was somehow disabled or busy elsewhere, because otherwise he could just fry them off for good. I also doubt they'll fight each other, mainly because it's really not the right time and they've both got other priorities. As for a conversation... Why not?

(getting out of the bad mood)
I did not even see the allusion to DBZ you guys suck  :puck: I don't care I know that Ganishka is a baboon and I'll prove it soon  :troll:(joke)
Thanks for the scan anyway

WTF ?! How DARE you?! :guts:
nice avatar anyway,and it's exactly what I mean and time will prove I was right!!! I'm sure of myself SO I promise keeping this avatar until Ganishka show his true form!(I'll surely regret this soon...)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
WTF ?! How DARE you?!

:badbone:

Mad Angel Loki said:
nice avatar anyway,and it's exactly what I mean and time will prove I was right!!! I'm sure of myself SO I promise keeping this avatar until Ganishka show his true form!(I'll surely regret this soon...)

Hahaha whoa, it's a deal then! You'll probably regret this if we still haven't seen Ganishka's apostle form by 2009. :void:

Let's concentrate on the episode anyway. Hasn't anybody got some original guess about what could ensue in 277?

Griffith

Mad Angel Loki said:
(getting out of the bad mood)
I did not even see the allusion to DBZ you guys suck  :puck:

Oh, you mean THIS!:

"Griffith No More!" said:
powerlevels.jpg

"Hrmmph, these Daka power levels are most dissapointing."

All in good fun, anyway. :guts:
Aazealh said:
Hahaha whoa, it's a deal then! You'll probably regret this if we still haven't seen Ganishka's apostle form by 2009. :void:

Let's concentrate on the episode anyway. Hasn't anybody got some original guess about what could ensue in 277?

Griffith kills Ganishka. :carcus:

drun.gif

Ganishka Apostle Form? =)​

Griffith

Joke?

uploaded_diablo.gif

I will become the devil to reign over this unclean world. I am the Great Emperor. The King among Kings. I am one who has stepped on the most land and crushed them. In this world, I am the only and absolute principle. To take that away, you must pay with blood. Even God, who came down to Earth, cannot escape this. I'm the ultimate ruler of this utterly chaotic world. Anyone who lays their hands on my beloved corruption, even if it may be a God. I will contaminate, harm and defile. No. I will take and stain god with this hand covered in blood!

Does that sound like a joke to you? =)

Seems like Griff is more inspired than usually today :guts:

Shocking episode, and what an incredible last page to finish it... now I also have my doubts about the real reason for Zodd´s "suicidal" attack, but I preffer to wait until we get more info before making any conclusion.

But the idea of the Ganishka´s Baboon apostle form that was very original indeed (112). Thanks a lot for the scans :badbone:

Top Bottom