Korgoth of Barbaria

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't compare it to Berserk (in terms of atmosphere or everything else), but it's pretty cool. Good find man.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I think I seen this on Adult Swim last week. It was pretty cool and reminds me a lot of Venture Brothers. Speaking of my favorite show, first episode of the new season this weekend!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Speaking of my favorite show, first episode of the new season this weekend!

What? A new season of the Venture Bros? Awesome, I didn't know it was planned.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
handsome rakshas said:
It was pretty cool and reminds me a lot of Venture Brothers. Speaking of my favorite show, first episode of the new season this weekend!

Korgoth also reminded me of Venture Brothers. I've only seen a few episodes of the first season, but I loved what I saw. Glad to hear they're releasing a 2nd season. I'll have to pick up the 1st season on DVD one of these days.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Rhombaad said:
Korgoth also reminded me of Venture Brothers.  I've only seen a few episodes of the first season, but I loved what I saw.  Glad to hear they're releasing a 2nd season.  I'll have to pick up the 1st season on DVD one of these days.

Rhombaad you MUST pick the DVD up. The thing that saddened me was the complete lack of any good extras on the disc. At least they included the pilot and the (hilarious) Christmas episode. VB has been my favorite show on adult swim for a long time and I am stoked about the new episodes. I better see The Monarch break out of prison this weekend or I am going to be pissed! :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
I better see The Monarch break out of prison this weekend or I am going to be pissed! :zodd:

I hope he gets back together with Dr. Girlfriend. Seriously, their separation was a big deal to me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I wouldn't compare it to Berserk (in terms of atmosphere or everything else), but it's pretty cool. Good find man.
I think it's more similar to Conan, obviously. But that doesn't mean there aren't similarities between Conan and Guts.

That was a fun little episode. Good to see Adult Swim is finally making entertaining cartoons.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Not personally, but if I were black or woman or even a sensitive pacifist instead of a red-blooded, meat-lovin' white American male it might be a different story. =)

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
What was that line from the Conan movie? Arnold said something like "Crush your enemies, see them crumble before you, and something about women."
Could anybody help me out?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
What was that line from the Conan movie? Arnold said something like "Crush your enemies, see them crumble before you, and something about women."
Could anybody help me out?
"Conan! What is good in life?!"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and here the laminations from their women!".

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
"Conan! What is good in life?!"

"To crush your enemies, seen them driven before you, and here the laminations from their women!".

Absolutely genius, and one of my favorite movie lines ever! Thanks Saiyan! :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Absolutely genius, and one of my favorite movie lines ever! Thanks Saiyan! :guts:

NP! its one of my favorites! Too bad they canceled King Conan :judo:

Ether that or its in development hell.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Too bad they canceled King Conan   :judo:

Awwwww....I didn't know much about it, but I love the old Conan movies, so I'm sad to hear it's in limbo. :judo:

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
NP! its one of my favorites! Too bad they canceled King Conan   :judo:

Personally, i'm still waiting for a "Red Sonja" sequel :carcus:

Thanks for sharing that link Klaus, that show really has its moments^^

I think Korgoth a regular series. And if it's not, it should be. It's really funny. I am also looking forward to the new Venture Brothers season. I just hope I don't zone out at the computer and miss it, I've done that a few times.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
That first episode was a pilot, although last I heard it was going to be a regular series and that more episodes were already in production.  And Venture Brothers has to be one of the best original series Adult Swim has come up with yet.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Just flying by to say that the Venture Bros. episode was excellent! That is all :guts:

Forget what I said before, but yes, It was a pilot episode. AdultSwim wanted to see If it was going to become popular, and it is. They're still making the episodes, and its said new episodes will air in 2007. two-thousand-seven...
(become a member of adultswim.com to find out more)

Top Bottom