Why did Femto let Guts survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puella

Berserk forever
in Eclipse two members survied as you all know.
i've been wondering why Femto let Guts survive?
Guts is Griffith's(or Femto) most important sacrifice.
Femto could have killed Guts very easily in the eclipse but he didn't. there was just one clue that Skullknight said " so much for this time. they may not be destined to die yet"
i mean Skullknight didn't save Guts' life but Femto did!!
Femto'd just left Scars(Guts' right eye , left arm  and insane Caska) to Guts. and in vol. 2 Femto said to Guts "you're still wandering" when snail-count called God hand.
Femto still has human-mind for Guts? So Femto may want his Friend to go up on his level? Or is there anything still left to be done by Guts for Griffith in his life?
???

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
Love hatred all these feelings are complex.
For Griffith Guts is responsible of his own forfeiture.
When guts overcame him and turned away from him
Griffith’s pride has undergo the worst wounds.(arg excuse my bad english !)

His universe collapsed which made him done the unmendable
Guts is the being who made him failed

Maybe that he wants that guts rather suffers instead of simply kill him
Griffith lost his body and his soul.Guts must pay

Héhé that’s not so simple
In fact I’ve got another impression

Griffith’s universe was his ambition
The guts one is caska.

Griffith realised guts importance only when he lost him.
Whereas Guts banished him from his life.

With the sacrifice Griffith/Femto becomes guts « raison d’être »

From now on griffith dream as changed…
After all I think that conquest of the world became secondary in Griffith heart

Finally the only gift that aimed Griffith at the end of his life was to become the universe of Guts.

And he successed

Maybe I’m wrong…

Well, I think it’s passion for guts that will lose griffith.(aouch correct english ?)

For me… without that fact Guts have no chance against a god.
Guts is only a man…

puella

Berserk forever
Love hatred all these feelings are complex.
Maybe that he  wants that guts rather suffers instead of simply kill him
Griffith lost his body and his soul.Guts must pay

i think your post is quite logical.
you might be right if Femto was a humanbeing during the eclipse.
But Femto is God Hand, king of evil spirits.
so complexed~
If there were an assumption Femto tranformed is a half-man and half-devil, your post can be right, i think.
Then Reborn-Griffith is a half man and devil?
i'd thought there should be two kinds of figure, Griffith as a human being and Femto as a devil.
But i have to change that thought now.
They've been all mixed in one body!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well my theory is that Griffith has a master plan.

Griffith must know that he is not technically in control of his own fate, because of Idea. Griffiths dream is to be in complete control of his own destiny. The "castle" is just an indirect symbol of his dream. For by obtaining a kingdom, he would have complete control over it.

I really doubt Griffith is the most obediant God Hand member... Guts could be his indirect weapon against those that control him. Or rather a part of his master plan.

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
[td]Well my theory is that Griffith has a master plan.[/td]

This mentality is completely in the "Griffith never-ending ambition style" like during of the triumph of the hawks.
And with the chapter 180 that sounds good.

Arg^^ I don’t know anymore…
At last who knows how this will end ^^

This reminds me the role playing game of a friend where my character never knew real motives of each side...
Enought to loose his own faith...
How confusing^^

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well my theory is that Griffith has a master plan...
...Guts could be his indirect weapon against those that control him. Or rather a part of his master plan.
I support that hypothesis. There's something Griffith plans. Something noone of us would expect. But our revenge-seeking protagonist Gattsu might still pose a threat to Griffith's masterplan. He's maybe gonna interfere in a way that is impossible for Griffith to percept early enough.
Gattsu's maybe gonna break his masterplan as he did with his dream... just a thought.

Considering all that has happened, I would say Griffith knew he could be reborn, thus why he let Caska and Guts live, Caska as mother and Guts to keep her alive. He needed both of them to remain alive until the second ceremony for his rebirth to be complete.

puella

Berserk forever
Griffith once said to Guts after arguing with Caska (you know when she'd said to Guts "You are a mad dog") "That trait of yours...it's also part of my plan"

This can explain why Femto left Guts alive. Griffith had a total plan for his "Castle" including Guts.

i'd say it annoys me a little bit why Guts's destiny has always been led by Griffith's plan? Guts can't make his own way without Griffith?

From the first, Guts has been overruled by Griffith.
Though i admit Guts changed many people's lives even Griffith's,
i'm still dissatisfied.
Caska, The Hawks, Revenge and even Guts' death belong to Griffith.

So i draw a picture in mind .... After revenge, Guts'll start his true life for the first time throwing all the remnants of Griffith's --- Caska and all the stuff for revenge. In this regard , i inevitably want Caska to die in the end.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Yeah, Griffith probably just loves Gutts and got all sentimental during the Eclipse, after all, who was Griffith really thinking about that night he spent with the princess?

hmmm... but maybe not

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith once said to Guts after arguing with Caska (you know when she'd said to Guts "You are a mad dog") "That trait of yours...it's also part of my plan"

This can explain why Femto left Guts alive. Griffith had a total plan for his "Castle" including Guts.
First of all, the castle is just a symbol. Second of all, Griffith couldnt have possibly predicted the current events in the storyline when he was with the Hawks. He knew nothing of God Hand/Idea at that time. If you want to argue whether he did "secretly" or not, check out the expression on his face from volumes 12-13.

Yeah, Griffith probably just loves Gutts and got all sentimental during the Eclipse, after all, who was Griffith really thinking about that night he spent with the princess?
yeah, I usually get pretty sentimental after a good rape.  ;)

puella

Berserk forever
by the way, have you ever seen these pics?

http://216.97.11.36/buffer/div/div060.jpg
http://216.97.11.36/buffer/div/div066.jpg
http://216.97.11.36/buffer/div/div037.jpg

http://216.97.11.36/buffer/div/div057.jpg
http://members.tripod.lycos.co.kr/tadzio/death_in_venice/venice02.jpg

these are from old famous movie "Death in Venice"
and this guy's name is Bjorn Andresen , born in 1955, who'd already been a dead man.
i think he's quite similar to young Griffith.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
death in venice? but the Siegfried stage in the video game soulcalibur is venice. And Siegfried use a sword that seems the twin sister of the one of Guts. Also Siegfried face is a older version of Griffith plus a scar on the right eye (and the fact thathe s a damned one in search of his soul)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
i think that you are right. also the rape of caska was not gratitious but a means for griffith to be reborn. in fact up today guts has done everithing griffith expected from him. to quote "the fish that swims against the current..."
Considering all that has happened, I would say Griffith knew he could be reborn, thus why he let Caska and Guts live, Caska as mother and Guts to keep her alive. He needed both of them to remain alive until the second ceremony for his rebirth to be complete.

puella

Berserk forever
death in venice? but the Siegfried stage in the video game soulcalibur is venice. And Siegfried use a sword that seems the twin sister of the one of Guts. Also Siegfried face  is a older version of Griffith plus a scar on the right eye (and the fact thathe s a damned one in search of his soul)

"Death in Venice" has no relation with the video game. It is an old movie(i didn't see it, though) about composer Gustav Maller(not sure spells)
Dirk Bogarde played the main-role. and It has a brilliant OST .
It is absolutely natural 'cause the music used for the movie is many of Maller's masterpiece (including symphony No.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom