Where are you from?

Mo

The Warrior
I noticed there are a lot of guys here from all around. Where you from?

I was born and raised in Egypt, then moved to various parts of the US.

Hawk

I'm from Poland. Sorry for my english.
Re: Where are you from?

Greetengs. ;D
My name is Bart and I'm from Poland.
That was my first post.

Sorry for my english.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Hello Bart, welcome to the board. :)

I'm from France myself, as indicated in my profile.

Mo

The Warrior

Hey Bart. That picture in Aazealh's avatar aint no lie. If you misspell his name, he will hunt you down and shoot you. ;)

Aazealh = Admin with a vengance? Where you from By the way A? If that's your real name, it sounds Persian?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Mo said:
Where you from By the way A? If that's your real name, it sounds Persian?

Already replied, anyway "Aazealh" isn't my real name, Moslem, it's just a nickname I created from nothing years ago (I've grown quite fond of it actually). I think I explained it somewhere on this board.

Hawk

Thanks for welcome.
My polish name is Bartek, but change it into english uqivalent.
Aazealh you've got nice avatar. ;D
Could you help me in this case? http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4150.new#new

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

darkbane said:
Mother Russia.

*BGM: Back in the USSR*

Nah...

Vstavay, proklyat'yem zaklyeymyennyy,
Vyes' mir golodnykh i rabov!
Kipit nash razum vozmushchyennyy
I v smyertnyy boy vyesti gotov.
Vyes' mir nasil'ya my razrushim
Do osnovan'ya, a zatyem - - -
My nash, my novyy mir postroim:
Kto byl nichyem, tot stanyet vsyem!
Eto yest' nash poslyedniy
I ryeshityel'nyy boy.
S Intyernatsionalom
Vospryanyet rod lyudskoy.

Now that's music. 8)

Hawk

Za rodinu za stalinu na boj pojdiom, pojdiom, pojdiom, job wasza mać ;D

Darkbane do you understand polish?
rozumiesz co teraz mówie?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Mo said:
Aazealh, how is that pronounced?

You can pronounce it the way you want, I intended it to be read-only, if you see what I mean. I pronounce it "Azeel" myself.

D

darkbane

Hawk said:
Darkbane do you understand polish?
rozumiesz co teraz mówie?
I don't speak a word of polish, but "rozumiesz" probably means "understand" or "mean", and "co" might mean "what" or "about" (by inference) though I don't know about the rest of that sentence. As for your quote, it starts with "marsh to battle for motherland and stalin" although "stalinu" could instead mean "old times" I guess, but I have no idea about "job wasza ma" :-\

Aaz, sounds more like some kind of communist hymn :p. If it's famous, I'm probably too young to recognize it. But if you want to go that far, the only good BGM would be "cоюз нерушымый" (but I make no guarantees regarding my spelling accuracy. 8)).

Hawk

Aazealh said:
You can pronounce it the way you want, I intended it to be read-only, if you see what I mean. I pronounce it "Azeel" myself.
Azii is much easier to read than Aazealh. ;D

darkbane said:
I don't speak a word of polish, but "rozumiesz" probably means "understand" or "mean", and "co" might mean "what" or "about" (by inference) though I don't know about the rest of that sentence. As for your quote, it starts with "marsh to battle for motherland and stalin" although "stalinu" could instead mean "old times" I guess, but I have no idea about "job wasza ma" :-\
Nice work Darkbane.
rozumiesz = understand
co = what
teraz = now
mówie = speaking (could be talking or saying)
Rozumiesz co teraz mówie = Do you understand what I'm saying now? (i think it would be like that)
My father always singing that on the parties. (party) Parties with alkohol. ;)
"Job wasza mac" it don't means anything, it just fun ending. :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

darkbane said:
Aaz, sounds more like some kind of communist hymn :p. If it's famous, I'm probably too young to recognize it.

It's the "Internationale", a song written in 1871 by a French guy (Eugène Pottier, a member of the International and of the Central Committee of the Commune), and that became a symbol of communism. There exists versions of it in almost every language I think.

Hawk said:
Azii is much easier to read than Aazealh. ;D

Maybe, but "Aazealh" is cooler. ;)

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
It's the "Internationale", a song written in 1871 by a French guy (Eugène Pottier, a member of the International and of the Central Committee of the Commune), and that became a symbol of communism. There exists versions of it in almost every language I think.

See, Russia is no longer a communist state. We now embrace democracy. (Well, actually it's more like a dictatorship, but let's leave that aside for now ;D).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

darkbane said:
See, Russia is no longer a communist state. We now embrace democracy. (Well, actually it's more like a dictatorship, but let's leave that aside for now ;D).

Yeah, "democracy" ::). What's sad imho is all the racism and xenophobia stuff that the youth is getting into these days... 12 years old neo-nazi girls aren't exactly cool.

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
Yeah, "democracy" ::). What's sad imho is all the racism and xenophobia stuff that the youth is getting into these days... 12 years old neo-nazi girls aren't exactly cool.
Big problem in Europe. Russia, Germany, UK... I'm sure France has some of these too? That's the problem that comes with this system. Freedom of speech is all nice and all, but it invites some stuff that we'd rather avoid. Ban on Nazi symbols may look nice on paper, but in reality it's just gonna make them more "cool" and "ghetto" and whatnot. Kinda like drug prohibition. What are policy makers thinking, I wonder? Of course, this is not a problem that can be easily solved. Education might be a root cause, but how can we educate the people when we can't even agree on the facts ourselves. The winners may be writing the history books, but to me it seems that all winners are writing it differently even though they were on the same side. Just thinking about all this is enough to give anyone a headache. ^_^;

Hawk said:
Born to be wild... ;D
How about, citizen of the galaxy? ^_^

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency

darkbane said:

Интересно а сколько сдесь вобще русских?

Moscow, Russia

D

darkbane

stifler said:
Интересно а сколько сдесь вобще русских?

Moscow, Russia

Probably just the two of us ^_^. But it would be cool if there are more, since Berserk is so great etc etc ^_^

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency

darkbane said:
Probably just the two of us ^_^. But it would be cool if there are more, since Berserk is so great etc etc ^_^

Ты все еще в России жывешь? Кстати не знаешь каких нибудь хорошых русских сайтов с Berserk?

stifler said:
Ты все еще в России жывешь? Кстати не знаешь каких нибудь хорошых русских сайтов с Berserk?

Aazealh said:
Please speak in English, Max, since we're on a public board. If it's private, there's always the PMs. ;)

Top Bottom