Hirasawa...Master of All

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well I have a pretty maniacal background in music.
From Christian Death, Suspiria, Rozz Williams, Heltir, London After Midnight,Fields Of The Nephilim, Sisters Of Mercy to Front242,clockDVA, suicide commando,delerium, fsol,frontline assembly to dead can dance, ordo equitem solis, six comm & mother destruction,beethoven, wagner, orff and mozart to name a few.
Yet nothing struck me as the first time I've heard forces, then behelit and the rest of the ost. Especially when I discovered the samples on hirasawa's site. This guy is enigmatically lucid in his electronic spirals of sound. It's like listening to aliens.What sayeth the brave folk of this site? What sweet symphony doth thy ears caress? And where can I find more Hirasawa music. Is there a site, anything?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Yeah that's what I'd like to know.

Where to get his music? I might be a Death girl, but a lot of the 'techo-electronic stuff' is interesting too, and it's damn good to write to.

Susumu's main webpage is at www.chaosunion.com. You can get the catalog numbers for his CDs for special orders, but good luck getting any of them but Kyuusai no Gihou(excellent album) and Kenja no Propeller(pretty good).
Siren and SimCity songs such as Online Malaysia are arguably his best work, though. Both albums though are long out of print. I'm hoping to scam a copy when I visit Japan this summer. And/or see the Interactive Live show ;) And/or get a picture with Susumu himself...AND OR get a pic with Miura.
The last two are a pipe dream of course, but, it could happen :)

White_Hawk

Waaaa....
I am very thankful for anything from hirasawa. He's too great.
It's a pity it's so hard to find some songs on the net.
Logic Air Force is great,and Recovery Ship too, reminds me of Gatsu from the OST.Great music. I wonder if it's very popular in Japan...

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Nothing beats Hirasawa in a hyperbolic chamber  ;)

The man's a genius, and the Berserk OST says it all - the video game music is insane too! (Niko is the skillet to the gravy on a flipped booga).

White_Hawk

Oh yeah, bout the OST.
Doesn't it sound like the voice on "Earth" is saying Femto?
Kinda weird hh?Since the song plays only in nice situations, usually when things are ok...
what does everyone think?

I hadn't noticed that about "Earth" I will definitly have to check.

I've been grabbing Hirasawa mp3s off of WinMX when I can find them, hoping I can grab some CDs through special order soon too. Or get lucky and find a new middleman for Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

BTW: Has anyone heard Yuko Miyamura & Susumu Hirasawa's "Ruktun or Die" yet...It is fun in a weird completely not like Hirasawa way...just well...too genki!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Oh yeah, bout the OST.
Doesn't it sound like the voice on "Earth" is saying Femto?

yeah that's what I thought, when I first heard it... that's really weird.

The man's a genius, and the Berserk OST says it all

The only music from I like even more than Hurasawa's is the music composed by Nobuo Uematsu...
do you know what I am talking about?

The only music from I like even more than Hurasawa's is the music composed by Nobuo Uematsu...
do you know what I am talking about?

His recent works failed to really impress me... I mean, they're nice, but... I'd rather go with Mitsuda Yasunori.
(I heard the OST of Final Fantasy X is really great, but then again, Uematsu didn't work alone on this one, this time)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
His recent works failed to really impress me... I mean, they're nice, but... I'd rather go with Mitsuda Yasunori.
who's that?
(I heard the OST of Final Fantasy X is really great, but then again, Uematsu didn't work alone on this one, this time)
Oh he didn't? Who did he team up with?
Anyway, the orchestrated versions of FFVIII were great... the piano collections too, also of FFIX.

White_Hawk

Oh, c'mon people, what about FF7, the greatest?
Anyway, I really can't compare Misuda or Uematsu with Hirasawa. They're like two different worlds.
Even tough, the best game OSt ever I'd say would be Chrono Cross, yet it is surprising. Xenogears did't suck, but it was no champion either. Chrono, well, I'd say it's the peak, as FF7 orchestrated was the peak of Uematsu...IMHO, of course...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I played through 7 twice, and I only watched 8 being played. It looked horrendous, and Ive never heard any account of the game to be anything better than complete crap. That is, unless you ask cosplayers......

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I played through 7 twice, and I only watched 8 being played. It looked horrendous, and Ive never heard any account of the game to  be anything better than complete crap. That is, unless you ask cosplayers......

Oh really? In my opinion they both had a good storyline, character-development, nice twists in the plot... i consider final fantasy as a very cool rpg...

the movie was badass, though...     :p

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
You've just lost your arguement.

edit: unless that was sarcasm, because that movie blew goat nuts.

it actually wasn't sarcasm...
the movie was nice to watch. A never-beforse-seen use of 3D-animation.
but the storyline...sucks.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite part of the movie was the hawk at the end. It was so amazing to watch the hawk because you see, it was symbolic of a return to nature. And it was a subtle move in dramatic symbolism. Yes, you see, I liked the movie a tremendous ammount. It was a tremendous good. It was you see....It really was....

Shoot me...

Top Bottom