A few questions from the new guy

Greetings fellow Berserk fans.  This is quite the smorgasbord of information you've set up here.  I'm only familiar with the series through the old DC game and the anime, so it's nice to find a place where I can learn about the rest of what's happening in the Berserk world.

Please forgive me if any of these questions have been asked before, I've cruised the boards for awhile and haven't had much luck finding the answers I'm looking for.  If any of these have come up before, just point me in the right direction and I'll proceed with a smile. =)

#1.  What ever happened to Griffith's beherit?  I've noticed that apostles usually carry their beherits around with them, does this apply to Griffith as well? (after his reincarnation I mean.)

#2.  How did Guts get the white spot in his hair?  I found a topic about this, but was unable to access it.

#3.  This is an icon image question.  While looking through the image library for my personal settings, one of the images, Guts01, shows Guts having sex with someone.  Is that Casca?  I ask for two reasons: first the lady's hair looks too light to be Casca, and second, the fact Guts has his mechanical arms shows that this is taking place after the Eclipse, when Casca had lost her sanity and become afraid of close relations with men.  What's the deal?

Any info on these topics would be appreciated.  Thanks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
welcome! the search button is your friend, for things like these.

UnitedFang said:
#1. What ever happened to Griffith's beherit? I've noticed that apostles usually carry their beherits around with them, does this apply to Griffith as well? (after his reincarnation I mean.)

It hasn't been accounted for. It was never seen again after the eclipse

UnitedFang said:
#2. How did Guts get the white spot in his hair? I found a topic about this, but was unable to access it.

After a rather taxing fight with Grunbeld while using the Berserk armor for the first time.

UnitedFang said:
#3. This is an icon image question. While looking through the image library for my personal settings, one of the images, Guts01, shows Guts having sex with someone. Is that Casca? I ask for two reasons: first the lady's hair looks too light to be Casca, and second, the fact Guts has his mechanical arms shows that this is taking place after the Eclipse, when Casca had lost her sanity and become afraid of close relations with men. What's the deal?

That was the apostle who was coincidentaly responsible for killing Corkus. It wasn't Casca. It was depicted in the first scene of the manga.

Again, welcome to the boards.

CnC said:
That was the apostle who was coincidentaly responsible for killing Corkus. It wasn't Casca. It was depicted in the first scene of the manga.

Really!? Wow, could you expand on the circumstances of that?  Did Guts know it she was an apostle and was just playing opossum? (kinda like what he did in his fight with the Snake Baron?)  Or did she trick Guts into bed (so to speak) resulting in him escaping by the skin of his teeth?

CnC

Ad Oculos
UnitedFang said:
Really!? Wow, could you expand on the circumstances of that? Did Guts know it she was an apostle and was just playing opossum? (kinda like what he did in his fight with the Snake Baron?) Or did she trick Guts into bed (so to speak) resulting in him escaping by the skin of his teeth?

Guts' brand would react to their being an apostle. So its pretty safe to assume he knew.

There really isn't anything else to her beyond whats already been said.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings UnitedFang, and welcome to SK.net!

CnC has answered your questions, so I'll lock this thread after adding a few precisions if you don't mind.

UnitedFang said:
I've noticed that apostles usually carry their beherits around with them

While some apostles do keep "their" beherit (either by carrying it or hiding it in a "safe place"), many others don't. We don't know the proportion of apostles keeping it and others losing or discarding it.

UnitedFang said:
Really!? Wow, could you expand on the circumstances of that?

The image you're talking about is the first panel of the manga. The opening. I recommend you to simply read it to get answers. Otherwise, like CnC said Guts knew, and he really had no way not to due to the Brand. The apostle was of course trying to trick him into her bed to kill him while he was defenseless, but it failed. In the end Guts got an easy kill.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
(That scene always seemed somewhat OOC for Guts, cdonsidering his hang ups about sex...and even being touched...)

In regards to question 1, I would think that Red Beherits (for Godhands) probably dissapitate after use.
The green ones I think have multiple chances if not endless chances for use, as for all we know theres no limit to apostles being born.
Guts' Beherit was the Count's, but the beast suggests it could still be used, and it was reacting to Slan's presence.

There can only BE 5 Godhands though.
So the likelyhood of the red beherits being around past Femto is very unlikely.

Other than 1 for every finger. Seeing as they are born from the palm, I doubt one would fill the position of the palm. And they are called the God Hand, not the God Hands, so I doubt there would be a chance of being 10.

CnC

Ad Oculos
dwarfkicker said:
Other than 1 for every finger. Seeing as they are born from the palm, I doubt one would fill the position of the palm. And they are called the God Hand, not the God Hands, so I doubt there would be a chance of being 10.

what are you even talking about!?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
(That scene always seemed somewhat OOC for Guts, cdonsidering his hang ups about sex...and even being touched...)

Well, he was in a pretty unstable mental state at the time, the Black Swordsman and all that. It doesn't fit his character much overall, but at that time he was willing to do pretty much anything to kill an apostle; I think in retrospect this can be considered to be the point of the scene (and a peek at what Guts could have become if he hadn't met Puck).

Funkmasta Zeph said:
In regards to question 1, I would think that Red Beherits (for Godhands) probably dissapitate after use.

Griffith's beherit didn't dissipate after he used it. He kept it until the giant hand formed, at which point he probably dropped it somewhere. I guess one of the faces on the floor could have swallowed it or something.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
The green ones I think have multiple chances if not endless chances for use, as for all we know theres no limit to apostles being born.

And why wouldn't this be the case with the crimson beherit? For all we know there's just one, and the 5 members of the God hand all used the same.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Guts' Beherit was the Count's, but the beast suggests it could still be used, and it was reacting to Slan's presence.

The Beast knows nothing special (it's just in Guts' mind, remember), and the beherit reacts to various things, including SK's Yobimizu no Tsurugi and the mirror occultation in Albion. This basically doesn't prove anything. However, it's clear the beherit Guts is carrying can be used again, so I'm not sure why you're stating this anyway. It's a known fact that beherits can be used several times and by different people.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
There can only BE 5 Godhands though.
So the likelyhood of the red beherits being around past Femto is very unlikely.

That's why it was "lost" during the Eclipse. No need for it to be passed around anymore. Whatever happened to it, I'm sure it's what the Idea of Evil had planned, whether it's kept in a safe place for some hypothetical later use or it just went back to the Abyss. Anyway, don't forget that as unlikely as it seems, a member of the God Hand may still die. We don't know the history of the God Hand and whether it had successive members or not, but it's a definite possibility so let's not discard it too quickly.

dwarfkicker said:
Seeing as they are born from the palm, I doubt one would fill the position of the palm. And they are called the God Hand, not the God Hands, so I doubt there would be a chance of being 10.

Well the God Hand is complete with 5 members, we know this. Femto completed it, it's even announced in the manga. I think CnC's just surprised you're even talking about it, since nobody said otherwise.

CnC

Ad Oculos
dwarfkicker said:
Each member of the God Hand takes a position on a finger of the hand. How did that go over your head? Five fingers, five members.

was that even being discussed?

if what you mean is the beherit can't still be around because there are 5 members that doesn't mean much. The red beherit will find its intended user and activate at the time its supposed to.

It had to do with the red behelits. If the God Hand is complete then there can't be any more red behelits to go around. My posts were about how there can't be more than 5 members of the God Hand. So naturally, another red behelit won't be turning up unless one of them falls.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
It had to do with the red Beherits. If the God Hand is complete then there can't be any more red Beherits to go around.

That didn't relate to what had been previously said, in this case CnC was telling Funkmasta Zeph that nothing supported the hypothesis of the beherit having dissipated. Which it didn't anyway, like I pointed out in my post. No need to drag this on forever.

And this brings ou the "old" question..
If there are 5 GH, and if the Occultation takes place every 216 years..
How could it be that Gaiseric's kingdom was attacked by 4 angels (a.k.a God Hand) :carcus:

That should be your question my friend :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
And this brings ou the "old" question..
If there are 5 GH, and if the Occultation takes place every 216 years..
How could it be that Gaiseric's kingdom was attacked by 4 angels (a.k.a God Hand) :carcus:

That should be your question my friend :serpico:
It doesn't necessarily have to be the God Hand crushed the empire, that's just the easiest (and really, not so easy) assumption. Also, that legend is probably full of errors after a millennia of verbal passing. I think the only safe assumption is that Gaiseric's empire was crushed by a supernatural force.

But, this is all well-trodden territory. There are literally dozens of threads on this subject...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Also, that legend is probably full of errors after a millennia of verbal passing.

I'd like to emphasize this here, because people never really consider that option. It's a bedtime story that's a thousand years old, and that probably only a few people saw with their own eyes (and lived to talk about it afterwards). The hesitation between 4 and 5 "angels" is a clear hint at this.

The simple assumption that it was the God Hand actually raises numerous questions that we can't answer because of an extreme lack of information on the matter. Like why did this God Hand disappear, for example, since we now have a new one whose members couldn't have been there at the time.

Anyway it's a rehashed topic like Walter said, I don't think there's a need to discuss it again in this thread.

Top Bottom