Administrator
Staff member

Title: 肉弾 - Desperate Attack

06v15.jpg

This is awesome. :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Flashback anyone? But yeah, this is the biggest buildup ever. The preview's crazy this time around, I love this shot.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Best preview ever, easily. It's artistic in and of the preview itself. That's a great shot, and ambiguous enough that it could be human Zodd (big COULD, he still looks pretty monsterous)... as in, when he was really human.

Then again, it might be a totally out of context screwjob. =)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I would be surprised if Zodd were to die. That's kinda funny, how a few episodes ago I was expecting the protagonist to die, but Zodd seems far fetched. Either way I dunno if I can last 4 more days.

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
Aazealh said:
Flashback anyone? But yeah, this is the biggest buildup ever. The preview's crazy this time around, I love this shot.

I have a big feeling that we are all about to learn something new about zodd's past.... :zodd:
as for the preview...could very well be a memory or a dream...

I've never been so excited about an upcoming EPISODE since a damn long time. Finally one of the older mysteries (hopefully) get's answered or at least hinted at. Yay.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Feck -- I shouldn't have looked at it. Now I'm going to be on tenter-hooks for the rest of the week!

But wow, this episode preview is awesome. I don't think I've been this excited since we saw the preview for Homing. I doubt Zodd will finally die...... but.... part of me keeps thinking he might :judo: But he's a badass to the bone -- I'm sure he'll live through it. They guy can stick his arms back on after they've been severed for goodness sake. He can regrow those fried internal organs :zodd: :troll:

P.S. Anybody think he looks similar to Guts from that angle?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Human bullet?

Well that's just the literal meaning of the word, it's probably a bit different (perhaps something along the lines of "weaponless fight" or "fighting with one's body"). We might change it after reading the episode.

Uriel said:
P.S. Anybody think he looks similar to Guts from that angle?

I think it's the spiky hair and pointy ears factor that gives them a similar look. I'm more interested in his pauldron personally; it looks like a symbolic representation of Zodd as an apostle to me (horns, prominent teeth and ears), more than the usual demon faces we've seen on his outfit. If he's supposed to still be human in the panel it's quite a hint at his fate.

Really hard to resist jumping on to the bandwagon of flashback/origin hopefuls. So heeyah I say, take us there :zodd:

Is it just shading or is that the scar on his forehead Griffith gave him? But then again Zodd looks somehow more human at this pose/angle(also his head seems smaller), so it feel like it's going to be a flash back.

p.s. I've never really appreciated the similarity between Guts and Zodd's hair/ears before.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Uriel said:
But wow, this episode preview is awesome. I don't think I've been this excited since we saw the preview for Homing.

Haha, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this preview. It's gonna be a long 4 days... :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
Is it just shading or is that the scar on his forehead Griffith gave him?

Well I dismissed it as being just shading at first but now that you mention it, it looks like it could very well be the scar to me. In fact I can't think of it being anything else right now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
Well it could be that the scar Griffith gave him symbolises something more personal to Zodd harping back to when he was human.

That's an imaginative but still pretty interesting possibility; I like the idea. However for now this seems a bit too much to be true IMHO.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
WOWOWOWOW!

Man, I love this pose. He almost looks disappointed. Not your typical Zodd at all.

I love that Miura gives his key villians such depth, makes things like this so much more interesting.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now, thanks Aaz.. you always come through with the previews and scans. WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT THIS PLACE!?  :serpico:

Aazealh said:
That's an imaginative but still pretty interesting possibility; I like the idea. However for now this seems a bit too much to be true IMHO.
Fair enough point, but it's hard not to be caught up into the speculate of this seemingly out of context preview. What really plays on my mind is how it comes to this point. I mean its seems somehow unlikely that the story will progress to the point were Zodd will be in such a states as is shown. As we have seen on a number of occasion flashback into other character lives it's not unreasonable to assume this maybe one of those time. Bringing up another quandary, why? Perhaps it is the result of him falling into the sea?(the sea have a connection with the astral world? If I'm remembering rightly) But lets face it we can only have feebly guess for now, but that is part of the fun in waiting.... even if I would rather the answers now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
I mean its seems somehow unlikely that the story will progress to the point were Zodd will be in such a states as is shown.

Yeah, I know. That's why I talked about a flashback in the first place.

wonderland reject said:
Bringing up another quandary, why? Perhaps it is the result of him falling into the sea?(the sea have a connection with the astral world? If I'm remembering rightly)

The ocean is indeed connected to the astral world, however I doubt this has anything to do with a possible flashback. If there has to be one it'll more probably simply be a result of Zodd (and Guts?) being knocked out after Ganishka's attack.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
wonderland reject said:
Fair enough point, but it's hard not to be caught up into the speculate of this seemingly out of context preview. What really plays on my mind is how it comes to this point. I mean its seems somehow unlikely that the story will progress to the point were Zodd will be in such a states as is shown. As we have seen on a number of occasion flashback into other character lives it's not unreasonable to assume this maybe one of those time. Bringing up another quandary, why? Perhaps it is the result of him falling into the sea?(the sea have a connection with the astral world? If I'm remembering rightly) But lets face it we can only have feebly guess for now, but that is part of the fun in waiting.... even if I would rather the answers now.

Well, Zodd is supposed to have lived for a very long time. Could he have some kind of history with or prior knowledge of Ganishka? Or possibly the battle just "brings back memories"?

(I'm just kind of pitching theories out here, so take it as you will).

It's really hard to tell from that image if that's just Zodd's usual human form or if it's his true human form, from before he became an apostle. I've tried to compare it to other similar images, but they look so much alike that I can't really make up my mind one way or the other.

In any case, as unlikely as it may be, I would love to see some kind of flashback or at least a hint at Zodd's past.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aazealh said:
The ocean is indeed connected to the astral world, however I doubt this has anything to do with a possible flashback. If there has to be one it'll more probably simply be a result of Zodd (and Guts?) being knocked out after Ganishka's attack.

I'll be happiest if it's not a flashback as such, more just one of Zodd's internal monologues about where he's gotten to in his search... It'd be neat to see him communicate a little more with Guts too, or at least ponder him. One of these days he's gonna decide Guts is Mr. Ultimate after all and be HIS lackey... So say I! So it shall be!

It's quite simple looking in a way, but I'm also captivated.
Looking forward to this one big time. I hope it's a flashback also, we don't see those too often.... well unless you include that whole 12 volume thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom