Episode 277

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
wonderland reject said:
Is it just shading or is that the scar on his forehead Griffith gave him? But then again Zodd looks somehow more human at this pose/angle(also his head seems smaller), so it feel like it's going to be a flash back.

p.s. I've never really appreciated the similarity between Guts and Zodd's hair/ears before.

Dream killer! ...lol

Damn... I think that is the scar. ...oh well. I was hoping for further flashback... but we'll see what happens.

Aazealh said:
First off it doesn't have to be specifically "human," as in "not an apostle." Second it refers to fighting without a weapon, using one's own body. It's used in Japan when people have fistfights.

So with Guts heading for water and his sword in hand... I hope he holds onto it. The ony time he's ever really dropped his sword on accident is when his good arm/hand is REALLY hurt (Rochine and Count fight) But considering he's dragged it outta the water already... there's not much to go on, but I thought it was something new to add.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abstraction said:
So with Guts heading for water and his sword in hand... I hope he holds onto it. The ony time he's ever really dropped his sword on accident is when his good arm/hand is REALLY hurt (Rochine and Count fight) But considering he's dragged it outta the water already...

Well, don't take the fistfight example too literally either... I doubt Guts and Zodd will have one underwater or anything like that, and it seems pretty unlikely to me that Guts would lose the DS in there (since he'd have virtually no way to get it back). If we think that way, then Zodd propelling Guts into a building to get him off his back is as possible if not more. Then there's the "suicidal attack" possibility. Or maybe it's Farnese selling her body for a ship in the harbor. See, that word really can mean a lot of things. :carcus:

S

smoke

Aazealh said:
Or maybe it's Farnese selling her body for a ship in the harbor.

Please...please....

Yeah, this is one of the most ambiguous previews we've had in a long time. It'll be interesting to see where Miura takes the immediate plot from here.

I'm going to be an asshole and predict an utter letdown in comparison to the hype. Guts hangs on to Zodd, Zodd gets out of water. Ganishka has blown his load, so he dissappears and leaves his army to finish the fight(and they get raped as usual, daka suck). Then Guts and crew walk off looking for the ship but they have trouble finding it so it takes 10 pages. When they do find it, half of it is on fire and the other half is lodged up a dead Makara's ass. And just to make things worse, Skull Knight appears at the end of the episode and tells them he was drunk when he mentioned that thing about Casca getting cured, so it was bullshit.

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
mike.william said:
I'm going to be an asshole and predict an utter letdown in comparison to the hype. Guts hangs on to Zodd, Zodd gets out of water. Ganishka has blown his load, so he dissappears and leaves his army to finish the fight(and they get raped as usual, daka suck). Then Guts and crew walk off looking for the ship but they have trouble finding it so it takes 10 pages. When they do find it, half of it is on fire and the other half is lodged up a dead Makara's ass. And just to make things worse, Skull Knight appears at the end of the episode and tells them he was drunk when he mentioned that thing about Casca getting cured, so it was bullshit.

LOL! If that doesnt make you laugh...you guys need to loosen up...only a couple more days, we have waited this long, whats 2 more days?

Hey Mike, I would have never guessed that skull knight drinks, lol.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
mike.william said:

You're probably right except for the part with Skull Knight. I wouldn't be surprised if the ship has been destroyed. Then Guts and co. will probably spend another year searching for one.

Record Low said:
LOL! If that doesnt make you laugh...you guys need to loosen up...only a couple more days, we have waited this long, whats 2 more days?

Hey Mike, I would have never guessed that skull knight drinks, lol.

Well, I did happen to find this laying around on my harddrive... (not my drawing though)

guts_skully_drinkingbuddies.jpg

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
finailly it's time for a new EPISODE again :). If it's indeed a flashback, then it'll be interesting to see whenever it's from recent event or very old events...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
You're probably right except for the part with Skull Knight. I wouldn't be surprised if the ship has been destroyed. Then Guts and co. will probably spend another year searching for one.

I doubt that. Think of the context... There are apostles all over town now. And if Roderick's ship has been destroyed, then I don't see what other one could be left intact.

kimchan said:
Well, I did happen to find this laying around on my harddrive... (not my drawing though)

It's Anchella's.

It's a flashback. Any other thing would make this preview very strange. It looks like a young Zodd, and I guess it will go around how painful Zodd's life has been, used as a machine for war, a human bullet, a suicider, anyway you may wanna call it. And how strong he has become because of it and how similar to Gatsu he is in many ways.

The title looks like the description of Zodd.
Episode 277. :miura: Miura presents... Zodd in depth.

I didn´t say anything new. Well... :SK:

There is going to be a flashback, and when the flashback is over, the fight in the town will be over too. There will be some explanation provided by Guts team about how he got knocked out and how the battle ended and how they got on the ship.

Akin

MOOO!!!
(in responce to random speculation)

Does Zodd's face look different in this preview? :schierke:

Seriously though, there's many things this episode could be about.... though I think it should prove interesting either way. (it's Berserk of course)

And for the record, I would be angry if Rod's ship is destroyed after all of this buildup...

I don't want to be an bastard but I don't think this gonna be a flashback because Zodd doesn't look really different from it's apostle shape in the preview. Maybe its just the classic Zodd, turned back to his original self due to the shock of the battle and now standing on the beach after a little swimming to get out of water.

CnC

Ad Oculos
guts97 said:
I don't want to be an bastard but I don't think this gonna be a flashback because Zodd doesn't look really different from it's apostle shape in the preview. Maybe its just the classic Zodd, turned back to his original self due to the shock of the battle and now standing on the beach after a little swimming to get out of water.

Did he get armor underwater?
But seriously, you're not a bastard. People are gettin' a little crazy speculating on one picture, its not really indicating much. I'd love a flashback just as much as the rest of them (shit, its been a month, I'll take what I'm given) but this could also just be Griffith briefing Zodd as to what to do (thus explaining why he did what he did). That'd be cool, too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Heimdal said:
The title looks like the description of Zodd.

Actually, if you take it by itself and out of the episode's context, it's much more like a description of Guts. And it's not impossible that the title refers to him either.

ironman said:
There is going to be a flashback, and when the flashback is over, the fight in the town will be over too. There will be some explanation provided by Guts team about how he got knocked out and how the battle ended and how they got on the ship.

No.

Aaz, do you live in Japan? Just curious how you get the mags so quickly.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow for sure, can't wait for this one.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:

I'll be picking it up tomorrow for sure, can't wait for this one.
He lives in France (which you can see by viewing his, or anyone else's profile). If anything you could toss us an episode summary, that'd be awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:

Since I live in France, getting YA here actually takes quite a lot of time unfortunately. Scans can be found through Japanese file sharing networks. The people scanning these usually get them early, that's why it's so fast (but inconsistent).

NTSC-J said:
It's out tomorrow right?

Yep, always on friday.

Welcome everyone ! I am new here and my english isn't good so please excuse my spelling mistakes :puck: I am big fan of berserk and have read all volumes but incoming episode is going to be something really big
oooo ! and thank you Aaz

Ashram

I Can Still Smile..
Hi , I'm a new user on the board and as you , completly in love with berserk :)
Nice To Meet you all! :schierke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom