Episode 277

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks. Long time lurker, finally a member now.

Been having a stressful day at work, and this has certainly made up for it.

F-en amazing. :chomp:

I wonder if Griffith sent the first wave in in their apostle form just to try and deal with Ganishka. I mean, even though Griffith will most likely swoop in as the grand savior, I don't think the normies will look kindly on the fact that he has a large group of monsters on his side. I see all the surviving apostles scattering before Griffith arrives, and they'll rejoin him in their humanish forms so as not to freak out said normies :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
Now that Ganishka's Fog Projection is out of action (at least, for now.) will the story continue with Guts & Co., or switch back to Griffith?
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well they still have to deal with Zodd and the other Apostles from Griffith's army approaching. I dont think the other Apostles are going to let them get away so easily.
Well, this is just from what Aaz told me earlier, but word from Miura (probably in the YA 277 is featured in) is that "a large army will appear." So, it's either Ganishka's famed Land General's army, or the more likely case in my opinion, based on all this buildup, the Hawks.

Awesome ep, as expected. It's always great to see behind the scenes at Griff's camp, and especially that great humanizing scene between Zodd and Sonia. Zodd choosing to fight Ganishka over Guts... gave me a warm feeling inside :judo: (happy tears).

Oh yeah, and I liked Zodd's crazy driving :zodd: Who would have thought the DS would be able to do serious damage to Ganishka? I suppose it makes sense, since SK revealed it has accumulated power after killing countless ghosts and demons. Looking forward to the translation.

FUCKING Incredible ! what an awesome episode, would've I never expected Guts to accept teaming up with Zodd (translation desperately needed) but it seems the circumstances gave him no other choice.

At any rate, I enjoyed a lot the scene with Grundbeld, Locus and Sonia... it seems there's a relationship growing there between Griff's generals and Sonia herself (who is human), gotta see that goddamn translation right now !!! :isidro:

P.D. So it seems that the last page finally revealed that Ganishka's fog form was product of his allmighty magic, I don't think the Emperor of Terror will take that injury kindly though.

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT MOTHER FUCKER OMG NO WAY!!!!!......whoa.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING EPISODE IN AWHILE!!!!!!!

Now I wonder when everything settles down, if Zodd will tell Griffith that Ganishka was defeated only with the help of Guts or keep it to himself? In my mind Griffith wouldn't be to pleased knowing Guts, his sacrifice, is still a decisive factor in his demonic campaigns. Will he wonder if he can succeed without Guts. (Maybe that's a stretch...i'm sure some of u get what I mean)

P.S.
1) Now Ganishka's gonna be gunning for Guts. Yet another force on his tail. :(
2) WHERE THE FUCK IS AZAN!?!!?

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Hahah, well as :serpico: said, it won't be pretty when he has to take the Berserker armor off.

Thanks in advance for the scans guys, still have to wait for a faster internet connection(dialup = no good, but sometimes I can get connected to a wireless network) or someone hosts the pages like usual. Even though I haven't read the EPISODE yet, I'd like to ask a question atleast for those who have, so since I gather Ganishka's disappeared, how is the group gonna make it to the ship, as the apostles are no better(hell even worse) than ganishka's troops. Maybe Zodd will sneak them over to the ship?

I can't really picture that scenario going down in my head....but I don't see them going at it at this present time either. Perhaps Zodd, knowing it was Guts who helped him defeat Ganishka, will be somewhat honorable and not try and battle Guts. Plus they're both in shitty shape.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the scans, Saiya and Aaz! Amazing episode, I'm off to read the translation right now, but I figured I'd get the "thank you" in ASAP. :guts:

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
hmmm

I think that episode was rather boring

/sarcasm

Holy schnikes batman, that was one great episode. Guts + Zodd as a team? Who woulda thunk it?

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes!!!

Proj2501 said:
Now I wonder when everything settles down, if Zodd will tell Griffith that Ganishka was defeated only with the help of Guts or keep it to himself? In my mind Griffith wouldn't be to pleased knowing Guts, his sacrifice, is still a decisive factor in his demonic campaigns. Will he wonder if he can succeed without Guts. (Maybe that's a stretch...i'm sure some of u get what I mean)

I don't think it's a stretch. If he found out about it, it would have to burn at least a little. Griffith has made it clear on more than one occasion that he wants to be in a position where Guts means absolutely nothing to him, in the context of his dream and his emotions. It isn't working out that way.

If the thing about Zodd admiring guts wasn't a mistranslation, that's an interesting comment as well.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
mike.william said:
I don't think it's a stretch. If he found out about it, it would have to burn at least a little. Griffith has made it clear on more than one occasion that he wants to be in a position where Guts means absolutely nothing to him, in the context of his dream and his emotions. It isn't working out that way.

If the thing about Zodd admiring guts wasn't a mistranslation, that's an interesting comment as well.
Well with Zodd who loves battle, he admires the fact that Guts who is still a regular human considering everything he has fought is still alive and has killed ASSTONS of demons, ghosts, and Apostles. I mean crap, I think that has earned him a little respect from Zodd.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
mike.william said:

It's a fair point, and open for some discussion. Sonya refers to Guts as being Zodd's 憧れの人 (akogare no hito). Akogare can indicate a thing dreamed of, admired, desired, pursued, etc... Given Zodd's confused reaction, but also considering that he doesn't counter (as might be the case if she'd said "the person you dream of" or "the person you pursue") that he's already found this person (Griffith), and considering that Zodd's always been impressed with Guts and eager for the prospect of an uninterrupted fight, I thought "admire" fit the sense well. Saiki, Puella, or one of the other Japanese-speakers around here could surely offer some insight as well.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just finished reading the translation and I have to say that my favorite part of this episode was the banter between Guts and Zodd. Classic. :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
After a long wait I just finally got to see the episode and it was absolutely amazing! The Guts/Zodd special attack was frickin' awesome! I look forward to reading the translation and seeing some sweet colorings from CnC. Thank you Saiyan and Aaz! Ganishka in the last panel, "I've got an Excedrin headache THIS BIG!"

Thanks for the preview and uploading the scans.

My question is, when Zodd was trying to get Guts off his back, why didn't he just rotate around to let Guts fall? Zodd can fly faced skywards , so he could have flown upwards in a straight line to get him off his back.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Awesome stuff. Thanks, Saiya and Aaz. My first thought when Zodd was talking to Sonya was "That's surreal." Zodd's not a real social guy unless the subject is battle, so it was interesting to see them talking together. Glad I got to read the translation of that scene; at first I had wondered whether she was predicting his death. :isidro:

I'm glad we finally got to see the circumstances under which Ganishkafog appears, so we can finally put all the speculation to bed.

So many great scenes, and some beautiful panels; of course the double paged spread, but I really loved all of page 4 as well.

And now I'm getting kicked off the computer, but thanks again, guys! :casca:

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
I found it pretty strange when Zodd closed his eyes in amusement at Sonya's prediction. As you point out, he's usually pretty straightforwardly hostile, and seeing such a nuanced reaction was kinda creepy :isidro: I wonder if Zodd ever imagined he'd come to a point in his life where he'd to have to listen patiently to the prognostications of a crazy teenage girl?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I think he likes Sonja because, as Mule said, she's fearless.

Yeah, and despite seeing Zodd's "sensative side" talking to Sonja, this was one of the most macho and satisfying episodes ever. Between the Guts/Zodd give and take and their team attack, it was pretty over the top (in a good way). Anyway, this should have some major ramifications for everyone beyond the future of this battle, Guts and the Dragon Slayer and his stunt with Zodd are sure to have everybody's attention (Griffith: "You let someone else ride you!? HIM!!?"). Oh, and he might be able to kill you, too. :zodd:

On that note, whatever else may follow, I'm really just looking forward to seeing how Guts and Zodd part ways here, almost nothing would suprise me (and man, Zodd got zapped again and THEN took a header into a brick pier, ouch, maybe he is dead? =).

ironman said:
My question is, when Zodd was trying to get Guts off his back, why didn't he just rotate around to let Guts fall? Zodd can fly faced skywards , so he could have flown upwards in a straight line to get him off his back.

Firstly, he flew straight up out of the water and Guts still held on, secondly, the answer would seem to be self-evident that, despite the mast bit and Zodd's comments, he wasn't really actively trying to get Guts off his back (even having a conversation with him, he didn't seem to care either way), and thirdly, that's a really lame question. =)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
On that note, whatever else may follow, I'm really just looking forward to seeing how Guts and Zodd part ways here, almost nothing would suprise me (and man, Zodd got zapped again and THEN took a header into a brick pier, ouch, maybe he is dead? =).

I am thinking with the speed and the placement of Zodd's head that Gut's more then likely just got flung off and probably hit a wall as well.

Thanks for the Episode, guys. Really good.

mahlernut said:
It's a fair point, and open for some discussion.  Sonya refers to Guts as being Zodd's 憧れの人 (akogare no hito).  Akogare can indicate a thing dreamed of, admired, desired, pursued, etc...  Given Zodd's confused reaction, but also considering that he doesn't counter (as might be the case if she'd said "the person you dream of" or "the person you pursue") that he's already found this person (Griffith), and considering that Zodd's always been impressed with Guts and eager for the prospect of an uninterrupted fight, I thought "admire" fit the sense well.  Saiki, Puella, or one of the other Japanese-speakers around here could surely offer some insight as well.

Sounds like perhaps Zodd's respect for Guts was higher than people have previously given credit for. I'm not surprised if that's what Sonja was implying for more reasons than one.

In any case I like that even as a blood thirsty Apostle, Zodd isn't so above foolish pride to not accept Guts's help when it's requested from him rudely, it says a bit about the sort of character he is, as I imagine many other Apostles among others would not accept it.
When team work was suggested between the two I was very skeptical to the idea of the two voluntarily working together, but in the context shown Miura makes it more believable as the spur of the moment sort of thing it works really well.

I don't think I would like to see them have a rematch this soon in. A big part is because I admit I want to see them get on the ship soon, but also because it would be interesting to see how their perception of eachother would change after parting with victory through team work. It may even change certain actions between the two characters in the future.

It's just a rough guess, but I wonder if they would still want to go through with the fight before being interrupted by outside forces, whether it'd be Griffith's, Ganishka's or a more neutral side forcing them to part reluctantly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
While I too was a little suprised by Sonia's "the one you admire" line, my ultimate acceptance of it was just that he admires Guts' survival through everything that's been pitted against him in his life, not some kind of betraying crush on the big galoot.
:griff: :zodd: :guts:
Sparnage said:
I DON'T THINK GUTS AND ZODD WILL CHOOSE NOW TO FIGHT
masteroftheobvious.jpg

Then again, I've been glaringly wrong in this exact assumption before :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
my ultimate acceptance of it was just that he admires Guts' survival through everything that's been pitted against him in his life

Or it could be that Guts has also kicked his human-form ass a couple of times, and is even known among Apostles for his forays against the likes of Zodd. I don't think his admiration for Guts is all that suprising, even if it's a conflicting admiration (Griff can't argue that he's a more appealing man, he has a crash on him too =). Maybe he'll betray Griffith to join Guts... also because he's HIS FARTHER! :troll:

Speaking of, if anyone is Guts' daddy it's Grunbeld in this episode, they literally look to have family resemblance.

Walter said:
Then again, I've been glaringly wrong in this exact assumption before :void:

Yeah, like you and Sparny, my instinct is also that they won't fight now, but Guts' and Zodd's natural instincts aren't the same as ours, so I wouldn't be suprised if they have to be broken up either.

Right now I vote for the cheezy glance of mutual respect as Zodd flies off in the chopper.. er, I mean, into the sky. =)

WOW! That episode was awesome in so many ways. The flashback, the banter between Guts and Zodd, the art... simply incredible!

I've never enjoyed an episode so much since being up to date with episodes. FUCKING AWESOME!!  :guts:

Eternal thanks for the scans! :serpico:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom