Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
WOW Simply incredible, big thanks for the scans and translation,

the greatest team : guts and zodd :guts: :zodd:

an help of the skull and it's perfect :SK: ^^

can't wait to see the reaction of ganishka :miura:

Ashram

I Can Still Smile..
I imagine what can happens in the next episode and after : of course the new buddy team is alive (guts and zodd) but in a really bad mood (injured) : as Schierke and the others come to rescue guts , I see him inconscient and zodd let him go with his friends to find the ship and leave finally the city (with respect of what just happened between
them).
Then Zodd join his troops (the big army of the band of the hawks arrive) and finish to stop the kushan raid (as ganishka looks seriously injured at the moment) and gain the city.
guts and the others finally find roderick's ship and leave the city (guts is badly injured).
a few later , Griffith , as the savior of the city of the holy league will be sacred as a divinity by the pope.
just some speculations:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
About that "admire" thing, I think you guys shouldn't get too carried away. "Admire" in itself isn't a bad translation for it, the problem however is that its meaning is a bit too strong in English. It's not like Guts is Zodd's role model or anything, he's not looking up to him. I don't think anything new was actually revealed here, it's just one more hint at the fact Zodd appreciates Guts as a warrior. They may be enemies, but he appreciates his fighting skill, his iron will, his attitude, etc. In that their relationship isn't all that different from the one Zodd and SK have.

Also, the fact Zodd didn't actually get what she meant somehow disproves the idea of an overwhelming adoration and reinforces what I'm saying. Mahlernut summed it up well by saying that "Zodd's always been impressed with Guts and eager for the prospect of an uninterrupted fight." Nothing new in that regard, IMHO.

I'll comment more on the episode and what's been said later, no time right now.

lol...wow. If anyone had said weeks ago that they thought that Guts and Zodd would team up and beat that mist form's ass, I wouldn't have believed it. Awesome episode. The imagery of the dark knight riding a fucking flying demon into battle is just awe inspiring. The kind of awe that inspires you towards unexpected bowel movements. Thanks for the scans!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
since I gather Ganishka's disappeared, how is the group gonna make it to the ship, as the apostles are no better(hell even worse) than ganishka's troops.

Well, right now there aren't any apostles in the harbor, the ones that led the assault are apparently all dead save for Zodd, who just crashed into a wall after getting zapped again. If the group moves fast they could be able to evade the rest of the Hawks.

mahlernut said:
I found it pretty strange when Zodd closed his eyes in amusement at Sonya's prediction. As you point out, he's usually pretty straightforwardly hostile, and seeing such a nuanced reaction was kinda creepy

It doesn't surprise me at all honestly. And it's not like we've seen that much of Zodd outside of battles either. He's hostile toward Guts alright, but that's relatively normal, same whenever he's fighting. But if you think about it, he's had calm and pensive moments before like when he's reflecting on his "quest" in volume 17, and even when fighting SK he doesn't hesitate to stop and chat about whatever he has in mind.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I am thinking with the speed and the placement of Zodd's head that Gut's more then likely just got flung off and probably hit a wall as well.

Nah, you can see him still on his back if you look carefully.

Ashram said:
ganishka looks seriously injured at the moment

Don't exaggerate, he's pissed off and it probably hurt him a little, but he's not agonizing yet.

Swordsman in Sable said:
If anyone had said weeks ago that they thought that Guts and Zodd would team up and beat that mist form's ass, I wouldn't have believed it.

Well, a few people that were in the chatroom yesterday can testify I had the info before the episode came out :badbone:, although I didn't really guess it all by myself, I cheated. :void:

Anyway the events have taken an interesting turn since now the Kushan threat is greatly reduced. I wonder if Ganishka's done in Vritannis or if he'll give it another shot though (or pull out some trick, etc), and then there's the "big army" approaching (whether it's the evasive Kushan terrestrial army or the full body of the Neo Hawks) that we'll probably see in episode 278. It's also interesting to note that basically it seems the only way to defeat Ganishka's fog form is the one we've seen here. It needs a weapon with otherworldly properties (the DS) and you have to strike him right in between the eyes (something only Zodd could manage).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Anyway the events have taken an interesting turn since now the Kushan threat is greatly reduced. I wonder if Ganishka's done in Vritannis or if he'll give it another shot though (or pull out some trick, etc), and then there's the "big army" approaching (whether it's the evasive Kushan terrestrial army or the full body of the Neo Hawks) that we'll probably see in episode 278. It's also interesting to note that basically it seems the only way to defeat Ganishka's fog form is the one we've seen here. It needs a weapon with otherworldly properties (the DS) and you have to strike him right in between the eyes (something only Zodd could manage).

I guess it comes down to whether or not Ganishka is temporarily cut off. I imagine he would be or he'd just show back up and all this would be for not. If he is cut off I suppose the remainder of the battle would depend on whether or not this other general daiba referred to will show up.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Awsoem EPISODE! Thanks Aaz! ;D

... And you know, each time it has been suggested in past discussions that the DS might be what could actually cut through Ganishka's fog form, that idea has been immediately struck down with roars of "WTF could it cut? It's FOG, dammit!", and yet, we see in this EPISODE how that very thing happens... :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I guess it comes down to whether or not Ganishka is temporarily cut off. I imagine he would be or he'd just show back up and all this would be for not.

Yeah, I don't think he'll be able to reform right away, but I'm wondering if he could after a little while. It could give the battle some kind of renewal if Ganishka came back for more in the middle of a Kushan land army vs Holy See troops or Neo Hawks fight. Just throwing the idea out there.

Dark Episode said:
each time it has been suggested in past discussions that the DS might be what could actually cut through Ganishka's fog form, that idea has been immediately struck down with roars of "WTF could it cut? It's FOG, dammit!"

Well, a lot of things can pass through fog you know, since it's gaseous. In fact I don't remember anybody saying the contrary. Now you seem to either be a bit mistaken or unable to express yourself correctly here, or both. What Guts actually did was to hit Ganishka's astral body with the DS, like a spear. Randomly hacking at the fog itself would be useless.

The interesting and novel part in all of this though is that the Dragon Slayer seems to be able to reach pretty deep in the astral world, at least deep enough to damage him. This makes for some interesting possibilities in the future.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Had Griffith a weapon which can defeat Ganishka's Fog Form because when he starts an assault he has allways some aces to play?
Or could he get such a thing somehow?
Could Skully's Sword eventually do the same damage?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feanor said:
Had Griffith a weapon which can defeat Ganishka's Fog Form?

That's really hard to guess, but then again he's part of he God Hand so... I don't think it's out of his league, even though we still don't know the extent of his power as an incarnated "man." Maybe his own sword and armor are special? There's no way to tell. It didn't look like he planned to use such a weapon on Ganishka though, or then he didn't tell Zodd and didn't mind sending him and 20 other apostles to their death (obviously implausible).

Feanor said:
Could Skully's Sword eventually do the same damage?

Impossible to know without more information about it. I think it's very likely though, SK probably went through the same things than Guts, only for 997 years more.

Thanks all for your work, the scans and the translation.
Hopefully this crappy connection of mine will soon be a thing of the past so that I can enjoy this in peace. :judo:

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Thank you saiya and aaz. Simply awesome.

I wonder if the attack on his astral body can be likened to Guts' wound from Slann? Not in the sense that it will have the same effect(Guts being human, and Ganishka being an apostle) but that its the same type of attack.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C. Walken said:
I wonder if the attack on his astral body can be likened to Guts' wound from Slann? Not in the sense that it will have the same effect(Guts being human, and Ganishka being an apostle) but that its the same type of attack.

Indeed, I think it's not that different.

Demented Swordsman

Wow you're right, this really opens up the properties of the DS.

I can't wait to see what Ganishka does.. not to mention this army Miura speaks of :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to change the episode title, but while nothing embodies it perfectly, I haven't found anything satisfying enough yet.

Whoa, great action EPISODE. Thanks for the scans.
Guts & Zodd team is a dream come true for those who like them. ;]
Heh, hopefully after this Guts & co. can continue their journey.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Personally i think Griffith and co. know guts can be someone dangerous in the future :guts:

but did they totally know the power of the DS???

maybe now yes???

hmm... did they know of the ds' power? zodd apparently didnt... what about griff? he made it pretty clear a couple of times since the eclipse that guts is no longer useful or worth any attention... although, showing up at sword hill just to make that clear was kind of a mixed signal... will they try to take the ds now? can it even be taken? perhaps if taken from guts it loses its special properties... what dya think?

is the DS the only blade that could've hurt ganishka, or do the elemental type weapons also have this property?(probably not now that i think about it...)

Demented Swordsman

Malachai said:
is the DS the only blade that could've hurt ganishka, or do the elemental type weapons also have this property?(probably not now that i think about it...)
To tell you the truth I think that's something that remains to be seen. I would lean towards agreeing with you, tho.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Psymont 2.0 said:
he made it pretty clear a couple of times since the eclipse that guts is no longer useful or worth any attention... although, showing up at sword hill just to make that clear was kind of a mixed signal...

Griffith's appearance on the hill of swords wasn't to inform Guts. He was testing to see if Guts still had sway on him in his new body, to which he said it didn't. Assuming whether or not it actually does, there were no mixed signals by his being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom