Episode 277

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Exegy said:
While "humanistic" can refer to the philosophy of Humanism and its associated values, such as the promotion of human wellbeing, it can also mean "of or pertaining to humanity."

Both words are synonyms you know, you could have talked about a "humanist portrayal" and I about "depicting Zodd as humanistic;" and I'm aware of their meanings. In truth, I was just poking fun at your idea by using it as a noun, maybe I should have made it clear. Sorry for insisting excessively though. =) In any case, the word is still intrinsically related to the aforementioned philosophy no matter in what sense it is used, and the point I was making is unchanged.

I also don't think you should be so fast to disregard the possibility that Zodd may show some humanistic affinities later on in the story, we haven't seen the end of him. :zodd:

No offense taken, Aaz!  I just wanted to make sure that one particular word was not used to imply a misrepresentation of current events.

As for Zodd perhaps demonstrating humanistic affinities later on ... well, I do not want to assume anything at this time. :)

I will be quietly awaiting the next episode :)     

Hello everyone,a lot of people were joining lately so i thought it would be the perfect time to join.
Thank for the scans,translations and especialy for making a site (and a forum) really interesting and mature.

About the Dragon Slayer and his surprising power,well...It is destinied to slay a god, isn´t it? (and i´m not talking about Griffith) :carcus:

Forgive my awful english.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
Hello everyone,a lot of people were joining lately so i thought it would be the perfect time to join.

Hi Balduf, welcome! :serpico:

Baldulf said:
About the Dragon Slayer and his surprising power,well...It is destinied to slay a god, isn´t it? (and i´m not talking about Griffith)

Well if you mean the Idea of Evil, then the answer is: probably not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
Both download mirrors are down. Where can I get the episode?
Sorry, we don't host archives. The summaries in this thread should suffice until volume 32 comes out around mid-2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom