Where are the sacrificed?

After watching the anime series I naturally started to read the manga but I'm still confused as to where the sacrificed exist. Are they spiritually and physically dead slaves to God Hand? Or maybe neither? The reason I wonder is because I would like some insight as to what would happen to the branded (i.e. Band of the Hawk) if Idea and God Hand ever cease to exist.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Hawks were branded, and seconds later were killed. They are spiritually and physically dead. Nothing can return them. Guts was branded, but survived. So he lives spiritually dead, but physically alive. He is still tied to the spirit world, in that he is still the apostles and demons 'property', as Griffith 'signed over the contract' to Guts with his sacrifice.

Sorry I used so many figure of speeches but I'm in the mood damnit.

I'm not sure, but I'd say they're in "hell".
In volume 3, Guts was about to go in hell because of his brand, it seems, so...
And according to the God Hands, once you're in hell, you're trapped forever, and eventually lose you identity (I don't think we know how much time it takes to lose your identity like that... maybe it's already too late for the sacrificed Hawk Soldiers? :-/ )...

As for what would happen if the Idea of Evil was to be destroyed...
Well, it said that it was born as the "ego" of the dark side of human consciousness.
So, right now, that "dark side of human consciousness" is called "hell", and "is" the Idea of Evil. The "big heart" seen in episodes 82 and 83 is nothing but the Idea of Evil's "core".
So, I guess that the question would be: "was the dark side of human consciousness "hell" even before the Idea of Evil was born as its ego?" If not, how was it different?

Thanks for the information guys.Olivier, that is an interesting question but I definitely don't know enough about Berserk to begin to theorize about it.I was wondering more about how the branded are tied to Idea and God Hand in the context of them (branded) possibly returning to normal human form.Walter says they are dead but I would like to think otherwise because Judeau,Pippin, and even Corkus are cool characters that aren't known enough.Oh well, I guess that's what made the Eclipse such a sacrifice in the first place.

It is possible that the Hawks are now in "Hell" ,
but weren't only the apostles (I.E. the Count)
intended to lose their identity (at the time of
their death)?

???

P

paradiselost

...uhmmmmm...I'm not sure all them they are in "Hell"...

...in my opinion, they are in the "Vortex" that is around "Idea"...

8)

8)

I never thought about that everyone who dies is the vortex that is around idea.

I never thought about that everyone who dies is the vortex that is around idea.

Not necessarily "everyone", since that "ocean of feelings" is only the _dark side_ of human consciousness, and the Count disappeared in it because he was an Apostle.
But the God Hands said that those who "get involved with evil" are supposed to go straight to hell as well, and Guts is one of those.

P

paradiselost

...you are right, Olivier, but however, all souls of evil people death go into the "Vortex" that is around Idea...

;)

...you are right, Olivier, but however, all souls of evil people death go into the "Vortex" that is around Idea...

I just understood why you said that... I missed that post:

The "vortex" around the core of the Idea _is_ Hell.

...well, obviously...

Obviously, it wasn't obvious for you... ^^;

...Idea seems to be the centre of Hell...uhmmmmmmm...

Like I already explained in this very thread, the Idea of Evil is the ego of hell. It _is_ hell, in a sense.
The big heart seen in episodes 82 and 83 is just the core of hell, the core of the Idea of Evil.

P

paradiselost

...well, I agree at all for all you say about Evil, but not too much about the story of Hell...

...I was telling you "obviously" referring about what you were writing before...fiuuuuuuuuuuu!

;)

...this idea of Hell is something too easy in my opinion...

...it's too simple like an explanation...

...uhmmmm...

S

siaosan

Why don't you agreeeeee ?!? T_____T
(Hey you've made a girl cry. Gimme a bill. ¬___¬; )

cochon.jpg

Top Bottom