Mandragora anyone?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Oldest Aphrodisiac
The mandrake (Mandragora officinarum) has been popular since antiquity as an aphrodisiac. A member of the potato family, the plant is adorned with a large dark-brown root, small red fruit, and contains the alkaloids atropine and scopolomine, which, alas, do not possess any lovemaking attributes. In mild doses mandrake can induce drowsiness, but in larger doses it can be a deadly poison. The supposed connection to horniness is believe to stem from the similarity between its root and the human genitalia, though presumably the relation is more lucent after sampling the plant.

Still, there is startling biblical evidence that the stuff actually worked, to wit: "...And Jacob came out of the field in the evening, and Leah went out to meet him, and said, Thou must come in unto me; for surely I have hired thee with my son's mandrakes. And he lay with her that night." (Genesis 30:16). In other words, the real value of this weed is not in its medicinal qualities, but as a bribe to your prospective bedmate!

So, a mandragora (mandrake) is a plant that looks like a penis with leaves? Okay Miura...........

Top Bottom