Predict or create a Berserk ending with speculations :)

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Well Berserk has been going on for a long time, and one of my greatest fears is dieing before it actually ends. Well I'll be going into the Navy in 4 years as an officer if all goes well, and it's highly possible for Berserk to keep going on, so can some of you guys share with me how you think it might end? Even if it's an imagination, it'd ease me more.

Well I was thinking about skullknight eating the beherits, and this is how the ending might be, or something that would make sense.

Well Guts defeates a few of the apostles or all of them, and their beherits go to Skullknight, skullknight gets strong enough to destroy one of the God Hand and eats his beherit, and since it's a crimson red one Skullknight gets uber strong and defeates the other God hand members with Guts help, and with all the Beherits except Griffiths, Skullknight does battle with "That God" thing that gives the God Hand their powers and skullknight sacrafices himself and destroys The God.

Ending 1: In the end, with God's power gone, Griffith loses most of his superhuman powers, but maintains most of them due to the fact that he used Casca's and Gut's demon baby as a vessel, and does battle with Guts. Guts defeates him, and lectures him with passion and wise words casuing Griffith to realize what an ass hole he was. (Still working on this ending)

Ending 2: With God gone, everyone that was sacraficed is returned to earth, including the Band of the Hawk. Guts loses his ability to wield the DS due to him being back into the human world, but still does battle with a Griffith that has no more super human strength, and Guts is about to kill him but Casca (sane) and the rest of the Hawks stops him and helps Guts make up with him, and for some reason, it works out because everyone realizes their mistakes, Guts leaving Griffith to get tortured, Griffith sacraficing everyone... etc... And from a hill away.... we see a weird man... narrating, and watching this event, narrating about a man chaning his fate and he looks at us with a strange Grin (yeah... he has a big head too or something) and standing next to him are 3 others.

Ending 2 I created from reading somewhre that Miura wanting a happy ending... but ending 1 can have a happy ending as well.

Well from what I notice, the way Miura has Griffith in the manga, we don't totally hate him, and most of us would be routing for him if he were to fight Ganishka. So in the ending for ending 2 of my speculation, Miura might try and get us to forgive Griffith too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm not going to predict the series' ending since I don't see how anyone could anticipate it right now, however since I think that your propositions are flawed I'll point out some of their problems.

SlimJ87D said:
Well Guts defeates a few of the apostles or all of them, and their beherits go to Skullknight, skullknight gets strong enough to destroy one of the God Hand and eats his beherit

Ok, first remember why SK ate the beherits for. It was to create the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, a goal he has now achieved. Nothing in the manga says that eating more beherits would make him stronger or dramatically increase the sword's potency. We know it can cut through the different parts that compose the world right now, what would more beherits change to this, fundamentally? I think it would just affirm the power of the sword at most.

Also, you're assuming that each God Hand member has his own beherit, and keeps it with him. While this isn't completely impossible, it's relatively unlikely. For all we know, there might only be one crimson beherit, passed down from one member of the God Hand to another (through causality), a beherit that they wouldn't be keeping with them. First because they don't need a beherit anymore after becoming one of those the beherits call, second because they are ethereal beings and don't keep any object. We don't know where Griffith's beherit is right now, but we know that Femto didn't have it when he was "born".

SlimJ87D said:
and since it's a crimson red one Skullknight gets uber strong and defeates the other God hand members with Guts help, and with all the Beherits except Griffiths, Skullknight does battle with "That God" thing that gives the God Hand their powers and skullknight sacrafices himself and destroys The God.

Now that's really too simple. So eating the crimson beherit would make SK very powerful, just like that? Once again, he uses the beherits for his Yobimizu no Tsurugi from what we've seen until now, eating them doesn't raise his power level. The order in which the God Hand would be destroyed here is also contradictory in that Griffith was incarnated and lives in the corporeal world, while the others are for now just wandering shapelessly. SK or Guts have no way that we know of to find and fight them, Griffith is much easier to confront. Guts in particular also doesn't seem to be apt to oppose them at all for now, Berserk's armor or not.

Lastly, SK fighting the Idea of Evil. First, does he know about it? Not sure. Second, how would he get there while keeping his integrity? Flora's talk about it wasn't encouraging. Third, how is he supposed to fight and even destroy the Idea of Evil? Stabbing it with a sword? I doubt this would work, even assuming it were possible.

SlimJ87D said:
Ending 1: In the end, with God's power gone, Griffith loses most of his superhuman powers, but maintains most of them due to the fact that he used Casca's and Guts demon baby as a vessel

So, does he lose most of his powers or does he keep most of them? It can't be both. Also, why being incarnated into a corporeal body should play a role in keeping his powers? A vessel is just that: a vessel. If you said it would keep him alive by anchoring his spirit I could understand, but not this.

SlimJ87D said:
Ending 2: With God gone, everyone that was sacraficed is returned to earth, including the Band of the Hawk.

The Vortex of Souls which is the place sacrificed people and apostles (as well as dead people in general) go is closely related to the Idea of Evil. Destroying one could mean destroying the other or deeply altering it. Also, sacrificed people coming back would mean all of them? Even the guys at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth? Seems far-fetched to me, especially since they would have no bodies to return to, and that they're supposed to lose their individuality in the Vortex.

SlimJ87D said:
Guts loses his ability to wield the DS due to him being back into the human world

Why? You're assuming he can only wield the DS because he's in the Interstice? Extremely unlikely as far as I'm concerned. He could be less proficient in general, but I very much doubt him to be unable to wield the DS. Also, being in the Interstice for so long, even if the curse of the Brand was lifted, he might still exist in there. On a side note, the Dragon Slayer has acquired some astral properties too, there would be no reason for it not to retain them.

SlimJ87D said:
everyone realizes their mistakes, Guts leaving Griffith to get tortured

Guts didn't leave Griffith to get tortured... Guts left because he had the right to as a human being, even though Griffith thought otherwise. Guts has nothing to reproach himself, his only personal mistake was not to realize the Hawks were who he wanted to be with. Griffith's demise came from his own actions, and Guts didn't think it could happen. In all fairness he can't be blamed for it.

SlimJ87D said:
Ending 2 I created from reading somewhre that Miura wanting a happy ending... but ending 1 can have a happy ending as well.

He didn't say he wanted a happy ending, just that it wouldn't be pessimistic. That's rather vague and probably won't be as simple as "everybody is happy, nobody dies, past errors are erased".

well my prediction is that griffith will challenge the godhand, and use guts in a way which will make them both transend beyond the godhand and destroy the Idea of Evil. maybe guts will realize what Griffith did and they will be in agreement or they maybe both might be what could be called "Good" or "Evil" depending on perception

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
test_subject39 said:
well my prediction is that griffith will challenge the godhand

Hmm, challenge the others (since he's part of the God Hand himself), but what for? What would he gain? What would be his motive?

test_subject39 said:
use guts in a way which will make them both transend beyond the godhand and destroy the Idea of Evil. maybe guts will realize what Griffith did and they will be in agreement

The problem I see here, besides the lack of explanation for transcending beyond the GH and destroy Idea, is that even if it was for a greater good, do you think Guts would forgive Griffith so easily for what he has done (including "using" him as you said)?

maybe Griffith will be something more like an absolute god and that would make guts the polar opposite of him. i don't think they can ever really come to an agreement where they can become friends again, because in Griffith's mind he did what he had to "to get his own Kingdom"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
test_subject39 said:
maybe Griffith will be something more like an absolute god and that would make guts the polar opposite of him.

An absolute god? How would he attain that kind of power?

test_subject39 said:
in Griffith's mind he did what he had to "to get his own Kingdom"

Yeah, and that makes me ask you: why the need for Griffith to go against his allies since he's getting the kingdom he always wanted thanks to them?

well..

1st ending - Griffith kills himself with remorse (the Hawks sacrifice) after he conquers his country or the world or whatever there is to conquer.

2nd ending - After Guts "kills" Griffith's dream (by that i mean, not being able to take his country) Griffith will call upon the GH to have revenge (we'll have a speech like in the Ocultation "among thousands of comrades.." bla bla.. but in the negative form <- btw my english sux), but SK enters the scene and manages to destroy the GH dimension :isidro:. SK and the GH die. Guts and Caska live happily ever after. And Farnese and Serpico will have mentally incapacitated children :guts:. Isidro will become a butcher and Flora will work at Vegas.. ups.. jk? :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Griffith kills himself with remorse (the Hawks sacrifice) after he conquers his country or the world or whatever there is to conquer.

Haha, remorse? He has yet to show any remorse for what he's done. :griff:

fuxberg said:
Griffith will call upon the GH to have revenge

Couldn't he take revenge himself as a GH member? You think he would need the help of all the others?

fuxberg said:
SK enters the scene and manages to destroy the GH dimension :isidro:. SK and the GH die.

That's not unlike SlimJ87D's idea and I think it's also too simplistic. You're giving Skully a lot of credit here anyway. :SK:

fuxberg said:
Flora will work at Vegas.. ups.. jk?

Don't you mean Schierke? Flora's dead.

CnC said:
what do you mean, "get together"?  They're practically inseperable...

I mean Marriage or depending on how such things are viewed, perhaps a type of civil union that affords the same legal protections that a marriage afford.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jepn30 said:
I mean Marriage or depending on how such things are viewed, perhaps a type of civil union that affords the same legal protections that a marriage afford.

If you have nothing worth saying, please refrain from posting. Otherwise it's a lack of respect for SlimJ87D who had serious intentions when creating this thread (you can always keep the joke for later too). Thanks in advance.

PS: Puck will end up with Ivalera. :puck:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Hmmmmm, well wasn't there said that there are lots of witches among Elfhelm? What if they all join together to help Guts and company? And I've been wondering about all these spirits, they seem quite powerful.

If you ever played onimusha 3, Samonuske obtains this thing that creates an army of Oni spirits that fights the army of Zombie samurais.

Well do you guys (Or should I just ask Aazealah) suppose that there is a chance that the next major part of the story is meeting with the elfking and Schierke obtaining a pact with the spirits that would allow them to fight along Guts and their party to a much more stronger extent besides just coming and destroying stuff? Like a summon from Final Fantasy or something. Or is there a possibility that Guts, Schierke and company will be able to create an army of spirits or something?

Well I was thinking about the spirits and their powers, or the many witches they may come across, and I think this might be the only way they can stand a chance against Griffith and his army of apostles or Ganishika and his army of children form the apostles and pregnant women which can all lead to an end of Berserk.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
Hmmmmm, well wasn't there said that there are lots of witches among Elfhelm?

Yeah, many magic users live there (supposedly).

SlimJ87D said:
What if they all join together to help Guts and company? And I've been wondering about all these spirits, they seem quite powerful.

Hmm, well I guess that's a possibility, the people living in Elfhelm (humans) deciding to take action against Griffith and the God Hand in general. I have doubts about this though, I don't see an army of witches being raised like that. Keep in mind that nothing is planned about coming back from Elfhelm and fighting against Griffith and the God Hand yet (even less Ganishka). Let's wait and see what decision each member of Guts' group takes before starting thinking about Elfhelm residents. They didn't act until now, will they do in the future... I'm not convinced. SK knows the place, if they were willing to fight, why not help him? As I mentioned a while ago in another thread, they might not want to get involved. That is, if they have the capacity to get involved (many possibilities, they might all be too old to leave the place like in Flora's case for example).

We'll have to wait to know how it'll turn out, but I don't expect it to happen like that.

SlimJ87D said:
If you ever played onimusha 3, Samonuske obtains this thing that creates an army of Oni spirits that fights the army of Zombie samurais.

Haha, I'm afraid the concept of "Oni spirits" can't really be applied to Berserk, sorry.

SlimJ87D said:
Well do you guys (Or should I just ask Aazealah) suppose that there is a chance that the next major part of the story is meeting with the elfking and Schierke obtaining a pact with the spirits that would allow them to fight along Guts and their party to a much more stronger extent besides just coming and destroying stuff? Like a summon from Final Fantasy or something. Or is there a possibility that Guts, Schierke and company will be able to create an army of spirits or something?

The next major part of the story and as far as I'm concerned probably the biggest turning point of the whole manga will be getting to Elfhelm and meeting the Hanafubuku Ô. Now about making a pact with the spirits or forming an army of them, I highly doubt it. The spirits in Berserk just don't "function" like that, because they're elementals. Elemental spirits as in the Lady of the Depths being a spirit of water, linked to the river(s) of Enoch, the Lord of the Rotten Roots being well... about decomposing stuff, and so on. They are sentient, but they don't think like us. Their notion of good and bad (assuming they have any) must differ drastically from humans', and having them make a pact or even form an army would be incongruous. Besides they are astral beings, I don't know how you imagine this army but their powers are limited to the element they represent as far as the material world is concerned. That also brings the question of their role and their gains/losses in the merging of the worlds; what is in their best interest? Hard to say.

Note that they also seem to dwell in specific locations, I doubt Schierke could summon the Lady of the Depths in Vritannis. That said, Schierke's mastery of her art will necessarily grow as time passes by and the power of her incantations will increase. She can call upon the four elemental kings at any time and in any place apparently, nothing says that she won't be able to do more than just create a defensive barrier one day, or summon several spirits at the same time. Their interventions will remain punctual though IMHO, with short durations. So I think here you should look more toward Schierke's magic progressing rather than a pact or the formation of an army. Not to forget about our novice witch Farnese. :void:

SlimJ87D said:
Well I was thinking about the spirits and their powers, or the many witches they may come across, and I think this might be the only way they can stand a chance against Griffith and his army of apostles or Ganishka and his army

Hmm, that's really hard to say. With the elements we currently have, I think Guts will stay with a small group of friends for now, even after Elfhelm. I really don't see the story evolving into a massive conflict where Guts would lead an army to fight against Griffith on a battlefield anytime soon.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
I think there are to many imponderables. Even trying to predict the end is to difficult at the moment.
For example you have to think about the moonlightchild, the elfen king, ganishka, the beast, the idea of evil...
For example in Lord of the Rings you now from the start what will happen in the end: Frodo would destroy the ring in one way or in another and everyone will be happy. But here...
I'm even not sure about that griffith would fall by the dragonslayer. Perhaps in the end it is the moonchild which brings griffith down.

I have several theories about the end of Berserk, but this one is my favorite:

Somewhere between now and the end of Berserk Guts will gain a tremendous amount of power, probably from the elves...enough power to allow him to battle the Godhand. Griffith will return to the plane of the Godhand, possibly after failing to attain his dream on Earth. He and Skull will challenge them. Skull and Void will kill each other. Guts will either kill one of the Godhand (perhaps Slan) and then move on to Griffith or go right for Griffith. He'll fight Griffith, and the battle will last for quite a long time. I'm not entirely sure how it would work out, if Griffith or Guts would win, but ultimately Griffith would turn. It might have something to do with Casca. Griffith will see the error of his ways and kill the remaining Godhand members with Guts' help, possibly Zodd as well. Then Griffith will say goodbye to Guts and go to the Idea. He'll allow the Idea to absorb him, changing the Idea of Evil to the Neutral Idea. His consciousness will remain vaguely. Guts will survive. Griffith will have obtained his kingdom in a way.

It's a work in progress. The actual ending will be much better, I'm sure.

Other then Miura wanting to end Berserk in a non-pessimistic way, there's no solid clues to its conclusions. I'm not much into second-guessing its ending (about as fun as setting a doomsday date), but I don't see the God Hand going down as with Idea. I highly doubt Idea would allows events like it own possible self-destruction to begin to unravel. That and Guts and Griffith battling each other out at the end. I don't hate the idea and I can see it working (or at least a moment where they cross blades again), but I'd rather Miura take a more novel approach instead of simply having Guts kill Griffith with the Dragon Slayer.

138.png

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Guts might die killing griffith and gaining Casca's sanity....it is a possiblitiy that the 'demon' child they had will have more to do with the ending....i doubt its going to just take bashings of the berserker armour w/ dragon slayer to beat a godhand member (Griffith)....i have a feeling that skullknight might die too....not sure why...how most of this works is just with feeling....I don't know many things are still possible at this point, forgive my rambling...

S

smoke

Even though this ending is pessimistic as fuck, I think it would be cool. It's not terribly probable, but it would be NEAT.

If Gatts (or Guts, as you crazy folk say) activated his Behilit, and sacrificed Farnese, Serp, Caska, etc. This seems out of character for him, but if the Beast was mostly in control and/or Griffith was nearby, it might make sense for him to do it in a moment of BERSERKness. Anyway, using this new Apostle from strongness, he kills Griffith/The Neo Hawks/ The universe.

And then he's all, "Well, thank God I finally avenged Caska. Oh shit. That's right. I sacrificed her. OOPS!" *suicide*

Groovy, right? :casca:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
Guts, as you crazy folk say

Time to get over that issue already. That's just his name, and there's only one way of saying it.

smoke said:
And then he's all, "Well, thank God I finally avenged Casca. Oh shit. That's right. I sacrificed her. OOPS!" *suicide*

Yeah right, and how about the fact that she can't be sacrificed a second time? You know, just like the Snail Count couldn't sacrifice Guts.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I've thought about it a little, and I came up with one possible reason for SK to continue eating Beherits: the need to cleave dimensions permenantly. The worlds are collapsing, of this there is no doubt. It is only a matter of time before the Qliphoth fuses itself to the physical world again, and when it does it will most likely be at multiple geographical and metaphysical locations. Additional Beherits in this case wouldn't be used to "power up" the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, but merely to increase its range, a "signal booster" if you will. With sufficient range, it might even be possible to seperate the worlds back to their pre-Femto positions. Whether or not this would weaken or strengthen Griffith is really hard to say, since we don't know if his powers post-rebirth are from being a Godhand in the physical world, from the worlds collapsing, or a combination of both. Still, if having Idea removed a great distance weakened Griffith, it would be interesting to see him fight Guts again in a duel-to-the-death.

Top Bottom