Predict or create a Berserk ending with speculations :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
The worlds are collapsing, of this there is no doubt. It is only a matter of time before the Qliphoth fuses itself to the physical world again, and when it does it will most likely be at multiple geographical and metaphysical locations.

What is this? Fan fiction? The worlds aren't collapsing, they're merging together, it's different. Also, what is this assumption about the Qliphoth, where are you pulling that from? As far as we know it's sealed and gone for good, swallowed up in the Abyss.

Trashcan said:
With sufficient range, it might even be possible to seperate the worlds back to their pre-Femto positions.

The principles of the world have changed when Griffith was incarnated. No beherit-sword will change that. And I don't see how you would expect the sword to separate the worlds with a bigger range anyway. Also, SK used his sword for the first time in the Qliphoth with Guts ("testing" it), and he hinted that he planned to only use it against the God Hand. I don't think he'll go around messing with it anytime soon.

As for the Idea of Evil being "close" or "far" to Griffith and influencing his power... I don't think that's relevant. It's at the bottom of the Abyss, so the astral world getting closer to the corporeal one must not be affecting it too much at this point. From what we've seen, the worlds are just starting to slowly merge too, nothing really significant has happened yet in that regard.

I think it is still too early to make theories about the end of Berserk, there are still too many questions unanswered about it´s world, and also a lot of caracteristics from it that haven´t even been entirely introduced (Elfhelm as example).

The Neo-Hawks had just been formed, Ganishka´s empire hadn´t shown it´s full power yet (imo), not much background information is known about Skull Knight or the other 4 members of God Hand, their true intentions... also, by now Guts is not precisely looking for revenge, i think he´s more worried about Casca and his friends... so I find it too raw to try to put an ending to Berserk series at this moment, even worse an ending like sacrifing Skull Knight (like a time bomb) to destroy the Idea...;D

Also, SK used his sword for the first time in the Qliphoth with Guts ("testing" it), and he hinted that he planned to only use it against the God Hand. I don't think he'll go around messing with it anytime soon.

Precisely... I´m not exactly sure about this, but if the Yobimizu no Tsurugi has the power to cut through space it might be a useful weapon to use against Void, since the last (and perhaps only) time that SK tried to attack him, his average sword traveled through somekind of space distorsion barrier that deflected his attack (and since Skull likes Void so much maybe he couldn´t wait to make a weapon to chop his gigantic head off ;D) anyway, it´s just another theory...

I hope not to offend anyone with my first post it is just that i couldn´t find any of these endings possible (still) :p

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
We really don't have enough information to work with at this stage . . . Taking into account all that has already happened in the story, I think that the ending is going to be something that we cannot fully imagine or conventionally define if events have already gone to this epic extent. I mean, there are still cards waiting to be dealt.
Griffith's future seems to hold the most interest for speculation to me at this point: What are his true intentions and why does he seem to be having a positive impact on Midland even though he is a Godhand? Perhaps he will rally all of Midland under his banner with his divine nature only to sacrifice it all in the pursuit of even further power? Also, what might happen to whatever it is that is left of Griffith's psyche if one day there is nothing left for him to conquer? Can a Godhand have a mental breakdown? How interesting would that be?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Yo.
I have some speculation about the end, just random thoughts :
I could see Schierke and Isidro, forming a sort of couple ( same age as now or older if another arc tends to happen years ahead, doubtful though ), considering all the things that have been done and undone. Possibly the death of the Skull Knight and some God Hand members. As for Guts and Griffith, I don't really know how it could turn, might be death, maybe another thing. I could see Serpico sacrificing his own life for the group and Farnese, possibly marrying with Roderick. Mule and Sonia could survive to the chaos. And i'd like to see Rickert in the end too, witness of the Hawks fall. =)

Ciao everybody.

Heres a Little Ending for Berserk I predicted.

Guts Eventually Manages to Come face to Face with the Godhand at last, Guts Triumphs over the Godhand-Killing the 4 Members, Then After that he Eventually Kills Zodd in a Titanic Struggle along with Several Apostles, Then Guts would Go After Griffith and Possibly kill him (Note:All this can be Accomplished By the Berserker Armour, lol)

And By Killing Griffith it some how Brings back Caska's voice and her Memories for Good. By using Griffith's Beherit (If he has it) Guts manages to Go to the Idea of Evil, And somehow Destroys it, But in doing so Fatally injures himself. By Destroying the Idea of Evil, The Brand symbols of the Godhand have vanished from Both Guts and Caska.

Guts has a Funeral High ontop of the Hill of Swords where the Skullknight, Caska, Serpico, Mysterious Child etc. Come to say there Good-byes.

And in the End Scene, we see Guts and the Fallen Band of the Hawk spirits.

This is just a Theory so dont worry

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yami no Tsubasa said:
I´m not exactly sure about this, but if the Yobimizu no Tsurugi has the power to cut through space it might be a useful weapon to use against Void

Yeah, that's pretty much what everybody assumed when it was first shown. Welcome to SK.net by the way. :SK:

Forest Wraith said:
why does he seem to be having a positive impact on Midland even though he is a Godhand?

Well, he can do as he will, just like he was told. He can "bring pain or salvation to the men". It's most likely to be the calm before the storm though; once he's in control, who's to say what will happen. It's been discussed tons of times, but basically he can only look good (i.e. he can't look bad) when fighting against someone like Ganishka, that makes it all the easier for him to appear as a savior (plus his otherworldly charisma). Various hints in the manga (like the prophecy) and good old logic tell us that it's not the end of the plan though. Something sinister is afoot! :void:

Forest Wraith said:
Perhaps he will rally all of Midland under his banner with his divine nature only to sacrifice it all in the pursuit of even further power?

I've seen people say this several times, and I always reply the same thing: why? Why "sacrifice" Midland, and to whom? He's already part of the God Hand, how is he supposed to get further power? And more importantly, he sacrificed his army because he needed to in order to achieve his dream. His dream of having his own kingdom. If he manages to conquer a kingdom (his goal all along), why sacrifice it without any reason? That doesn't seem very plausible to me.

Skullgrin140 said:
Guts Triumphs over the Godhand-Killing the 4 Members, Then After that he Eventually Kills Zodd in a Titanic Struggle along with Several Apostles

Allow me to pinpoint a few holes in your theory. You're saying Guts will kill four God Hand members just like that, and after this warm-up, will have a titanic struggle against Zodd and "several apostles"? Don't you find this contradictory? Each member of the God Hand is supposed to be vastly superior to any living apostle, and it was demonstrated when Zodd tried to fight the Falcon of Light. If Guts managed to defeat four of them, he shouldn't have any problem trashing apostles, including Zodd.

Skullgrin140 said:
And By Killing Griffith it some how Brings back Casca's voice and her Memories for Good. By using Griffith's Beherit (If he has it) Guts manages to Go to the Idea of Evil, And somehow Destroys it, But in doing so Fatally injures himself.

Skull Knight told Guts that the Hanafubuku Ô might be able to bring back Casca's memories (she hasn't literally lost her voice), so logically you should expect this to happen way before Guts kills Griffith. Also, nothing indicates Griffith kept his beherit, and it's doubtful Guts could use it to attain the Idea of Evil (which he doesn't know exists).

Forest Wraith

Aazealh said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what everybody assumed when it was first shown. Welcome to SK.net by the way. :SK:

Well, he can do as he will, just like he was told. He can "bring pain or salvation to the men". It's most likely to be the calm before the storm though; once he's in control, who's to say what will happen. It's been discussed tons of times, but basically he can only look good (i.e. he can't look bad) when fighting against someone like Ganishka, that makes it all the easier for him to appear as a savior (plus his otherworldly charisma). Various hints in the manga (like the prophecy) and good old logic tell us that it's not the end of the plan though. Something sinister is afoot! :void:

That's what I find so interesting about Griffith, in spite of what he has done; his intentions and current nature are still very much up in the air.
Even if on the off chance he does literally become and remain a kind and just savior of Midland. Guts will always have a . . . minor . . . bone of contention with him and he has every right to feel that way. Which of course opens up some interesting possibilities for Guts' future role, it brings his battle against Mozgus at the Tower of Retribution to my mind.

Aazealh said:
I've seen people say this several times, and I always reply the same thing: why? Why "sacrifice" Midland, and to whom? He's already part of the God Hand, how is he supposed to get further power? And more importantly, he sacrificed his army because he needed to in order to achieve his dream. His dream of having his own kingdom. If he manages to conquer a kingdom (his goal all along), why sacrifice it without any reason? That doesn't seem very plausible to me.

I've stated this before but I think that Griffith's drive for power is more of a compulsion then something that he obeys with any kind of true forethought besides his genius methods of how he can get it. My argument being that he is never satisfied with the considerable power that he does gain before Guts strikes out on his own. I would think that someone who wants power in a reasonable sense would have the common sense to cut their losses but Griffith didn't. Once Guts was gone, he wasn't content to just have royal title and work from there. I always saw his desire for a kingdom as being something that was only a current ideal at that point in time. I really can't see him just kicking back in the newly conquered Midland and saying to himself: "Yep . . . I'm finally satisfied . . ."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
My argument being that he is never satisfied with the considerable power that he does gain before Guts strikes out on his own. I would think that someone who wants power in a reasonable sense would have the common sense to cut their losses but Griffith didn't.

He wasn't satisfied because that wasn't what he wanted. His goal was to be king. That may not be a reasonable objective, but that has always been his.

Forest Wraith said:
I always saw his desire for a kingdom as being something that was only a current ideal at that point in time.

But even after he was incarnated, he just told Guts on the Hill of Swords that he'd get his kingdom. Nothing changed since the day he became Femto, he wants his country like he always did. He wouldn't have said so if it had just been an ideal like another when he was still human. And really, I think it's made clear through the series that his dream is serious business, not just a whim. Being king isn't the only way to get power either, if it was all he wanted he could have done things differently (see Vandimion for example).

Forest Wraith said:
I really can't see him just kicking back in the newly conquered Midland and saying to himself: "Yep . . . I'm finally satisfied . . ."

Me neither, but that isn't the point. I don't see how he'd sacrifice Midland, how that could give him more power, nor why he would do it.

Forest Wraith

My point about Griffith's use of the word "Kingdom" was a little vague; what I mean is that a Kingdom can mean more then one thing and that it would be something greater and bigger then just a country in his case.
I am seeing your point about how him sacrificing all of Midland is rather far-fetched though . . . I just find myself wondering if he could possibly become a more powerful form of Godhand through an additional sacrifice; Say: On-a-par-above-the-other-Godhand-Idea-of-Evil's-Right-hand-level . . .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
My point about Griffith's use of the word "Kingdom" was a little vague; what I mean is that a Kingdom can mean more then one thing and that it would be something greater and bigger then just a country in his case.

Still taking the discussion in volume 22 as an example, Griffith specifically said he would get his own country.

Forest Wraith said:
I just find myself wondering if he could possibly become a more powerful form of Godhand through an additional sacrifice; Say: On-a-par-above-the-other-Godhand-Idea-of-Evil's-Right-hand-level . . .

I know, but I doubt that. The fact he was incarnated doesn't necessarily mean he's got more power/importance than the others, but that's nevertheless pretty close to what you're describing. He didn't just become Femto, soon after that he came back to the world as a new Griffith. That's already quite something (it happens once every 1000 years, and occultation ceremonies take place once every 216 years), and it was all done so he could fulfill his dream. Currently we can only assume this is all part of some bigger plan in which the God Hand (including Griffith) willingly plays its role, but what you say goes a bit too far IMHO in that it revolves solely around Griffith.

Besides, ask yourself what difference it would make for him to be above the four other God Hand members or not, would it really matter? He never seemed to care about it, so for now I'd say that's unlikely to happen. Not to mention all the problematic "details" like to sacrifice what, to whom, and how? Would it even be possible?

Hi everyone. I think that unless something or someone extremely powerful appears there is no chance against the GH. It can be accepted that Guts and SK can pulverize all the Apostles, but Griffith and Co. are bigger matters, not to mention Idea). Maybe Elfhelm change everything but in the end I guess that all you can expect it's that Guts die in peace and in a tragic-hero-way, taking some Apostles with him, and that would be a happy ending.

PS: This is a great site, keep it up.

Forest Wraith

Aazealh said:
Still taking the discussion in volume 22 as an example, Griffith specifically said he would get his own country.

I know, but I doubt that. The fact he was incarnated doesn't necessarily mean he's got more power/importance than the others, but that's nevertheless pretty close to what you're describing. He didn't just become Femto, soon after that he came back to the world as a new Griffith. That's already quite something (it happens once every 1000 years, and occultation ceremonies take place once every 216 years), and it was all done so he could fulfill his dream. Currently we can only assume this is all part of some bigger plan in which the God Hand (including Griffith) willingly plays its role, but what you say goes a bit too far IMHO in that it revolves solely around Griffith.

Besides, ask yourself what difference it would make for him to be above the four other God Hand members or not, would it really matter? He never seemed to care about it, so for now I'd say that's unlikely to happen. Not to mention all the problematic "details" like to sacrifice what, to whom, and how? Would it even be possible?

Hmm . . . True, Griffith's possible future plans are a subject that leaves me throwing out some rather half-assed speculations as exactly how he will most likely screw everyone he knows over again is so uncertain. A tad frustrating but an enjoyable wait none the less.

[quote author=brinco]
Hi everyone. I think that unless something or someone extremely powerful appears there is no chance against the GH. It can be accepted that Guts and SK can pulverize all the Apostles, but Griffith and Co. are bigger matters, not to mention Idea). Maybe Elfhelm change everything but in the end I guess that all you can expect it's that Guts die in peace and in a tragic-hero-way, taking some Apostles with him, and that would be a happy ending.

PS: This is a great site, keep it up.[/quote]

I've recently found myself considering the possibility that maybe Guts won't actually be there to see the resolution of the storyline. Not to say that he will not have a prominent role: the idea that he might transform into something similar to Skull-Knight has an odd appeal; I would liken it to Gut's sacrificing himself, which seems to fit well with causality's spiral and Guts' character. However, I was also wondering if it might come down to current supporting characters years down the line. Perhaps characters who are generations apart such as Isidro, Schierke and others as adults; older, wiser and far stronger. Fighting a pivotal battle with the assistance of agencies that have not even currently been introduced. I'm really just trying to further point out that Berserk could go on for far further then some of us might suspect. It seems likely, due to that fact that Guts really cannot oppose the God-hand as of yet; as many have been trying to point out.

Forest Wraith said:
I've recently found myself considering the possibility that maybe Guts won't actually be there to see the resolution of the storyline. Not to say that he will not have a prominent role: the idea that he might transform into something similar to Skull-Knight has an odd appeal; I would liken it to Gut's sacrificing himself, which seems to fit well with causality's spiral and Guts' character. However, I was also wondering if it might come down to current supporting characters years down the line. Perhaps characters who are generations apart such as Isidro, Schierke and others as adults; older, wiser and far stronger. Fighting a pivotal battle with the assistance of agencies that have not even currently been introduced. I'm really just trying to further point out that Berserk could go on for far further then some of us might suspect. It seems likely, due to that fact that Guts really cannot oppose the God-hand as of yet; as many have been trying to point out.

I don't really think so, the all story it's about Guts. This is HIS story from his born to (eventually) his death. Everything has been focused on him (except for some episodes).

It would be an odd twist if Guts die and the story continues, it'd be sort of spin-off like (please forgive me) DBZ (not to mention that Miura's children will have to finish the series :serpico:).

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Lots of people are of the opinion that Guts will die by the end of Berserk. I'm certain that he will die, based on one piece of narration from volume five: "Man takes up the sword to shield the small wound in his heart, sustained in a far-off time beyond remembrance. Man wields the sword so that he may die smiling, in some far-off time beyond perception."

Sure, its one phrase from more than ten years and twenty-five volumes ago. Of course there is no "supporting evidence" to back up my claim. Naturally, this is groundless speculation.

Has anything been said or done, in those past ten years, to contradict it? :SK:

Forest Wraith

As many others have pointed out; with all the severe injuries from his battles and further trauma from using the Berserk Armor it seems that Guts will wear himself down to the point where he is no longer as effective sooner or later.
I can see four possible alternatives to that: It won't matter at all; perhaps because Guts is so strong and a part of the Interstice or for some other reason that we might infer (he is Guts after all)
He will be greatly healed at Elfhelm (replenished and his internal and major injuries fully healed but logically nothing so great as getting his eye and arm back) and given something to counter the debilitating effects of the Berserk Armor.
Schierke will find some means of lessening or halting the negative impact of the Berserk Armor by merging her astral body with it as she has just learned to do.
Guts will end up becoming a Skull-Knight like entity . . . The Wolf-Knight perhaps?

Griffith wins the war and establishes a new kingdom that restores prosperity to the ravaged countryside and cities. Gutsu' is physically being wasted by the Berserk armor.

I forsee a flash forward of about 10, 20 years when the younger characters that we are following around are now adults and Gutsu has disappeared, and Griffith's kingdom is decaying. The demonic nature of his victory is slowly revealed to the populace and his otherworldly creatures terrorize the common folk.

In the end Griffith ends up a wasted shell of the man he was, indeed not even a man really but his powers completely divorce themselves of him and after having gone beyond the "laws of man" and finally achieved his dream it all comes crashing down on him. Gutsu eventually confronts him but by then he has become a much greater man then he was. Not physically but mentally and spiritually, to whom revenge is no longer the priority. He sees nothing in Griffith, and feels nothing but disgust, if not pity and simply leaves him to his own fate.

I think it would fit well with Berserk's realistic medieval influences and existential themes. I think regardless in the end the ending has to have a human resolution and not supernatural or divine intervention.

EUIX said:
  In the end Griffith ends up a wasted shell of the man he was, indeed not even a man really but his powers completely divorce themselves of him and after having gone beyond the "laws of man" and finally achieved his dream it all comes crashing down on him. Guts eventually confronts him but by then he has become a much greater man then he was. Not physically but mentally and spiritually, to whom revenge is no longer the priority. He sees nothing in Griffith, and feels nothing but disgust, if not pity and simply leaves him to his own fate.

UHG, that would be so... boring.

i think it is going to end with guts trying to save griffith's soul. Like in star wars when vadar frought luke in ep 6. (the creater of berserk is a star wars fan also) All the members of the gos hand will probley die. The sull knight will die from battleing with void. As for the idea of evil, I do not know if guts can even fight it. Maybe when all the evil vanishes the idea of evil will go with it. It does exsist from mans hatered if the hate its gone the he is gone.

mmm... it's been a while... tyring to get more manga of berserk while you are working and studying makes difficult to post more often. Anyway, I've been reading most of the manga, and this is what I say:

Maybe Guts will follow a path very similar like the Skullknight. After I saw the berserker armor, it looks pretty similar as SK the white one armor is using too. Also, SK said Guts and Schierke are like him and Flora at the beginning. I think Guts will never defeat the God's hand; SK could be defeated by Femto/Griffith and then Guts will probably take his place, fighting against the evil spirits and apostles in the world, through many years, with some help of an old/adult Schierke. And something came to my mind right now: if you see the Guts' mother, she looks like Casca after the Eclipse incidents. Then my crazy idea: in the end, Guts definitely will leave Casca alone, after having a child with her, and then we'll have Guts as the new Skullknight, fighting against the Godhand, and his child will become like him, following a circle. With this I'm implying SK is the real Gut's father, and why? like I said, the way SK helps Guts, and after Flora gave him the berserker armor (SK used to be the owner of the berserker armor), makes me think about it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back to the forums, Red_Beherit.

I think we've all mused over the similarities between Guts and Skull Knight. However, the biggest dent in your theory is that Flora says "Causality is a spiral, not a circle." Events from the past don't necessarily have to reoccur precisely as they did. Furthermore, Guts and Schierke aren't necessarily going to make the same decisions/mistakes that Flora and SK did in the past.

Anyway, to me, Guts won't follow in SK's shoes for many rasons, primarily because he's got a completely different personality. It's easy to see some superficial similarities between them, but they're really very quite different.

RED_BEHERIT said:
if you see the Guts' mother, she looks like Casca after the Eclipse incidents.
I guess you mean Shisu, Guts' adopted mother and not the nondescript woman hanging on the tree... Anyway, once again, Miura's placed a handful of clever, superficial similarities between Guts' situation now and his adopted parents' situation then (Gambino even loses a limb :guts:) But again, the similarities only highlight how different a person Guts is than his adopted father, and how he's risen above all the tragedies of his life to become a really decent guy (let's all just forget that he tried to stomp on his newborn son ;D) in spite of it all. And that's what makes me disagree with your theory that Guts will abandon Casca again (that and he vowed to never do it again...).
With this I'm implying SK is the real Gut's father, and why? like I said, the way SK helps Guts, and after Flora gave him the berserker armor (SK used to be the owner of the berserker armor), makes me think about it.
What about Zodd, he makes more sense to be Guts' father, since he has the same haircut XD

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Let me add some points to what Walter said.

RED_BEHERIT said:
Maybe Guts will follow a path very similar like the Skullknight.

He better become the emperor of the biggest empire on earth quickly then.

RED_BEHERIT said:
After I saw the berserker armor, it looks pretty similar as SK the white one armor is using too.

Actually I think they're pretty different, as far as armor goes. The berserk's armor can alter the shape of its helmet, but overall in terms of design it's closer to Guts' old armor than to SK's current one.

RED_BEHERIT said:
God's hand

It's spelt God Hand, without an 's.

RED_BEHERIT said:
if you see the Guts' mother, she looks like Casca after the Eclipse incidents.

Shizu (not Guts' real mother as Walter pointed out) was deeply affected by the loss of her unborn child, so when she found Guts she was a bit out there. However, by the time she died she could speak his name and seemed sane. That's as far as the similarity goes between her and Casca, otherwise they're completely different. Pretty superficial if you ask me.

RED_BEHERIT said:
Guts definitely will leave Casca alone, after having a child with her, and then we'll have Guts as the new Skullknight, fighting against the Godhand, and his child will become like him

You might want to be more careful when saying he'll "definitely" do something. Especially since it's not looking like he'll do what you said. Also, they already have a child, and currently there's no chance Guts could have another one with her short of raping her. And their child is part of Griffith now, a member of the God Hand, it's not really following your scenario. Not even addressing the fact Causality is a spiral and not a circle, it's not like the God Hand is idle and just waiting for things to happen. Femto completed it, and now that he was incarnated into a new Griffith the world is changing and their "evil plan" is unfolding. I doubt Guts and SK have a lot of time to waste if they want to oppose them, so the prospect of them dying without achieving anything and the same thing repeating itself is pretty unlikely. When the God Hand finally attains its goals there probably won't be many opportunities left for someone to rebel.

RED_BEHERIT said:
With this I'm implying SK is the real Gut's father, and why?

SK, you mean the 1000 years old guy which body is a hollow armor? I find this rather hard to believe.

While yes, nobody knows how Berserk will end, I'd like to bring up a few points that I believe may happen for discussion:

-Skull Knight defeats the Godhand by using his sword to open up a way to the Vortex Of Souls and trapping them in that (closing the rift he created and, ultimately, they'd lose their selves). Or perhaps trapping them in another inescapable area. He may or may not join them in the Vortex (or area) because that'd be the only way to get them there. For example, getting them into the Vortex at the cost of himself being trapped in it also.

-Because of Griffith being a savior to the people, along with the defeat of Ganishka, and Griffith uniting a kingdom of his own (ending war), the people begin seeing the good in life along with happiness, birthing an Idea Of Good (subconsciously, of course) that either replaces the Idea of Evil, destroys the Idea of Evil, negating the Idea of Evil's influence, or perhaps being birthed from the Idea of Evil itself (Evil becoming Good).

-The darkness in the Hawk prophecy refers to ignorance rather than evil. Like above, because of Griffith's savior aspect and the defeat of Ganishka/end of fighting, people eventually become optimistic and the Idea of Evil, being the result of collective subconscious, disappears since people would no longer be asking for a reason why evil happens (since the only real evil they'd have would be disease, theft, and the likes).

-Guts dies. I don't know how it'd happen. However, if Berserk is the story of Guts than, to me, it seems like the story would end when he dies or gives us a view of the rest of his life (happily lives the rest of his life with Casca, becomes a farmer and raises his family, etc).

I hope my views aren't too silly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sushi Fish said:
Skull Knight defeats the Godhand by using his sword to open up a way to the Vortex Of Souls and trapping them in that (closing the rift he created and, ultimately, they'd lose their selves).

I don't think the Vortex of Souls has any interest in "absorbing" them. In volume 3 it comes for the Count, then for Guts, but certainly not for the God Hand. They're like neighbors. I believe they'd have to at least "die" in a way or another for this to happen.

Sushi Fish said:
Because of Griffith being a savior to the people, along with the defeat of Ganishka, and Griffith uniting a kingdom of his own (ending war), the people begin seeing the good in life along with happiness, birthing an Idea Of Good (subconsciously, of course) that either replaces the Idea of Evil, destroys the Idea of Evil, negating the Idea of Evil's influence, or perhaps being birthed from the Idea of Evil itself (Evil becoming Good).

That's pretty far-fetched IMHO. The Idea of Evil was born from the dark side of mankind's collective consciousness. It doesn't mean it's dependant on what some human people want. It was born from it, but now it's got its own ego and it manipulates mankind from what we've seen, not the other way around. There's no reason so far to think everybody being happy would destroy it (and while I could see a gradual loss of influence resulting from various events I think it'd take a lot of time to happen). Also, because Griffith conquers a kingdom and is a good ruler doesn't mean everybody will be happy in the world. Unfortunately it's in the nature of man to complain. And of course, the God Hand (Griffith included) are always professing the fact they're evil, so it's unlikely Griffith's goal is to make people happy. It wasn't his goal as a normal man, so now...

And then, you have to consider the fact that Griffith is a product of the Idea of Evil, and that it's doubtful it would allow its own destruction to happen. Finally, the Idea of Evil claims itself to be one with mankind, and to leave people the choice to do what they want. It's even something kind of motto, the apostles are being told the same by the God Hand. Overall I don't buy the whole "Idea of Good opposing the Idea of Evil" deal.

Sushi Fish said:
The darkness in the Hawk prophecy refers to ignorance rather than evil.

No? I think it's just a plain "no" here. Ignorance could be a part of it (as opposed to knowledge, something which is crucial to magic users for example), but it's primarily about evil. Also, ignorance is why people longed for reasons to their pain and misery. Knowledge is the answer, not the other way around. Ignorance being rampant only favors the Idea of Evil and the God Hand.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Berserk will continue for a long time, many things can happen, good things and bad things, that is the strongest point of berserk every thing is possible, each episode can does a 180° and change all the possibilities.

Personally i only view an optimistic ending for the rest i wait and see ^^

Top Bottom