Anyone here like Bastard!!

I just watched bastard. I thought it was so-so, may friends said that the manga is a lot better. Has anyone ever watch it or read the manga?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
You've gotta love a guy that rattles on for three pages about why he's the greatest ever-only to get smacked down by his (jailbait) belle du jour.

KuraraII

[Something interesting]
It's not bad but you have to be in a certain mindset to enjoy it, like sometimes I can't really read it.

Gara to me looks like a Gutts that went a bit out of shape...

I got 3 volumes of it so I can't judge the whole series...It's pretty obscene at times but it's nice to see that the manga pokes fun at itself for that :p

I actually posted a thread that was sort of like this about three years ago...Anyway, Bastard!! is a wonderful series for the discerning hair metal/cheesy medieval fantasy fan, although I have to admit that I've been lost in the recent chapters...After D.S. killed Satan, I really didn't now where he would take it, and I'm not sure that Hagi even knows anymore. But hey, there's always fan service, even if the plot has degenerated into random biblical references.

In short, if you can't appreciate Bastard!! it might be because you need to get in touch with your inner Geddy/Scott Ian.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I've been pondering the thought of buying the anime and/or the manga for a while but I've heard such mixed reviews on it that I keep putting it off. I'm sure I'll only get more mixed reviews by asking again if it's worth getting. I do enjoy the great anime classics like Akira and Mononoke but i also love the B-anime stuff as I call them like Biohunter, Urotsukidoji, Twilight of the dark master, Wicked city, even Demon city sinjoku which I laugh my ass off everytime. This might be better suited for a different thread but I'm specifically wondering aboot Bastered! So can anyone convince me. I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy it. :guts:

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
I like it a lot. It maintains a good story, well still having slapstick comedy portions. Plus Dark Schneider is one of my favorite characters.

Top Bottom